Author Topic: Davis Instruments WeatherLink Data Logger  (Read 1044 times)

Offline rtbain

Davis Instruments WeatherLink Data Logger
« on: September 20, 2018, 05:53:03 PM »
Hi y'all.  I recently upgraded to a WeatherLinkIP.  I have a USB WeatherLink data logger sitting around.

Buying used electronics is, well, risky so here is the deal.  If you are willing to cover shipping via USPS Priority Mail (about $6) I'll send you the unit.  If it works and you are happy you send me what you think its worth.

Hate to see it sitting around so drop me a line if you have $6 big ones to risk.

Thanks!

Randy

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Davis Instruments WeatherLink Data Logger
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:13:27 AM »
You need to specify the age of the logger (or preferably the Mfg Code). Without this information no-one can tell whether or not it's compatible with their system.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline rtbain

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »
Good point.  I purchased the USB Weatherlink Data Logger this year.  Manufacturer code is E17121879 LL.

Originally I planned to upload the station to my website and share data.  Had a Davis Weather Station several years ago and this was the default way to share data.

Then I found out about the IP logger which can bypass the need for a computer.  It worked better for me.

Comes with the software and most of the instruction manuals.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:33 AM »
Good point.  I purchased the USB Weatherlink Data Logger this year.  Manufacturer code is E17121879 LL.

OK, good. So that's nearly new and definitely a green dot logger & so compatible with any age of VP2.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline rtbain

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.  My hope is someone can benefit from my mistake.  Hate to see it go to waste.

Offline rtbain

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 09:22:23 AM »
That data logger found a new home in sunny England.  Thanks for the interest.