Author Topic: GRLevel3 via HAniS with multiple instances of GRL3 running for different views  (Read 333 times)

Offline Gonzo1982

I've recently tried the GRLevel3 via HAniS and have it working great.  I'm trying to setup two instances of GRL3 running with HAniS so that I can have multiple views, one local and one more regional.  I've copied the code and renamed it on my server, made the edits for the different image directory but when I go to load the php file it doesn't bring up the radar images.  If I enter the debug info in inc-gr3hanis.php, it shows the radar image just fine.  So there must be some kind of hook between wxgr3hanis.php and the inc-gr3hanis.php and wxgr3hanis-iframe.php that prevents just a simple rename of wxgr3hanis.php, but I haven't been able to find anything specific in the code.  Does anyone have any ideas about the code how the three codes work together?

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
You will need to rename all three scripts and change their references to the new names.

There are two places in 'wxgr3hanis.php' where 'inc-gr3hanis.php' is called.  Change those two 'inc-gr3hanis.php' occurrences to your new 'inc...' name and save the modified 'wxgr3hanis.php' with a new name.  In your 'inc-gr3hanis.php' change the single reference to 'wxgr3hanis-iframe.php' to your new iframe script name, and obviously change the iframe script's name as well.

In summary:
1)  Change the iframe script's name by saving it unchanged as the new script while leaving the original iframe script intact;
2)  Change the single reference in the includes script to the new iframe name, and save it as your new includes script with a new name, again leaving the original script intact;
3)  Change the two references in 'wxgr3hanis.php' to 'inc-gr3hanis.php' to refer to you new includes script and save the new main script with a new name while leaving the original main script intact.

(BTW, when seeking help, providing links to the scripts in question is always a good idea.)
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com