Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 22159 times)

Offline joegr

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #475 on: April 11, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »
My history graph is updating every 3 minutes, and sometimes every minute this afternoon. Those guys must still be trying to make things better, at least in some ways?

They fixed it, back to every five or six minutes.

Offline TJHuot

« Reply #476 on: April 12, 2018, 09:28:05 AM »
I will let you know my issues once again. My station is KMDCATON5. I have been contributing data since 2006. This station since 2010. Previously I was uploading from Santa Fe, NM station KMDSANTA14.

1. The database for my station is corrupt. I asked months ago to get this fixed. Nothing has been done. The problem has gotten worse since then as I was reviewing my data and found 90+ degree days starting in January, when the problem started, then coming out of nowhere March 1 and then again April 1. Also false precipitation was logged on those same days. This would be bad enough, but I can no longer delete the bad records. Editing, by removing records no longer works. You can delete a bad record, but it comes right back.

2. Favorite stations. They come and go like the wind. The edit favorite section on the web does not function correctly. I wanted to watch Fairbanks, AK during the winter, but now I can no longer delete it from favorites.

I must ask this question. What happened to this site? It used to be excellent. Everything that I have reported here has been a feature for years but is now broken. Will anything ever get done to bring this back to the excellent quality it once was?

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #477 on: April 12, 2018, 02:54:17 PM »
Good luck with your issues.  They (WU) don't respond anymore.  Last reply was January 19th.  Worst customer service.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:00:57 PM by Mtnviper »

Offline joegr

« Reply #478 on: April 12, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »
Good luck with your issues.  They (WU) don't respond anymore.  Last reply was January 19th.  Worst customer service.

I'm pretty sure that AcuRite is still worse than WU on that...

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #479 on: April 13, 2018, 08:28:49 AM »
Well, maybe they're not responding to posts here or maybe not even monitoring the forum anymore but apparently they are continuing to work on things.  I'll give them a UU for that.  Something tells me, though, that they are checking the forum occasionally.  My webcam's (re)authorization is still "pending" on the website, but it's only been two or three days.  As I've said before, I'll send the information and they can do with it as they will.  When I see it not being used and that it's a dead horse I'll end my uploads to them.  Until them I'll keep pushing it their way for them to use to "fix" WU.  No skin off of my nose. ;)

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
WU - KALRUTLE2 // PWS - BEEWEATHER // CWOP - EW2927 // Weather-Cam
Today's weather beats no weather at all!