Author Topic: Joining the WeatherLink Network with the Annual Subscription Plan  (Read 2523 times)

Offline shakasha

I have paid for a Weatherlink 2.0 Pro plan and have one device added via the Vantage Connect. It appears to be working great and I like the new 2.0 so far. In fact, I'd like to add another weather station I have that is a Vantage Vue with meteobridge. I keep Weatherlink 6.0.3. running 24/7 on my PC and there used to be a feature where one could pay for a Weatherlink.com subscription and upload to Weatherlink from the software:
The WeatherLink Network command allows you to configure WeatherLink to upload data to the WeatherLink.com server, if you have purchased the WeatherLink Network Annual Subscription (product number 6558).
I'd like to do this and am hoping my Pro plan which allows 3 devices will enable me to do that. However, I do not see where to acquire the DID and Key and an email request to support is unanswered so far.
Is this possible to do with WL 2.0? If so, how do I receive a DID and Key?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Joining the WeatherLink Network with the Annual Subscription Plan
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:41:53 AM »
Is this possible to do with WL 2.0? If so, how do I receive a DID and Key?

Yes:

1. Go to your wl.com account and select Add Device;

2. Select the data logger option and follow through the instructions/screen - you will end up with a DID and keycode;

3. Enter these credentials into your local Weatherlink program and the uploads should begin;

4. Once you're happy that the uploads are all working OK then you could use another one your six Pro tokens to upgrade the Vue station to Pro status too.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline shakasha

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
Perfect! Thank you!

I just added it. I have a few years of data. Can I upload all of that as well?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:04:28 AM »
I just added it. I have a few years of data. Can I upload all of that as well?

OK, good. But sorry you can't add old data as yet. It's meant to be on the roadmap as a future feature but with no indication of when as yet.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline shakasha

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:11:24 AM »
The Barometer data is showing, but that's all so far. Are there any other configurations I need to perform?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 10:22:18 AM »
The Barometer data is showing, but that's all so far. Are there any other configurations I need to perform?

Not that I can recall. But it does often take a while to bed in. Review again in an hour or two.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shakasha

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 10:50:36 AM »
I now remember the software downloads data from the weather station every 15 minutes. It appears that is the upload period as well.

This warning is in the Help section:

Caution: Setting the archive interval clears the data logger archive memory. You should download data before changing archive interval.

If I want to change from 15 minutes to one minute intervals, will all of the old data be cleared? Again I am using meteobridge.

If I do switch to one minute, will the software upload to WL 2.0 every minute?

Thanks!

Offline shakasha

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »
Thinking of starting a new topic, but will try here first.

Continuing on this same thread, my first attempt at adding the new device was abandoned after a couple hours as the only thing showing was the barometer. When I added the new device from my Weatherlink 6.0.3 software, I was downloading data from two stations and thought I may have confused WL 2.0.

I deleted the station that was not as important as it has been working nicely with 2.0 for a week or so and I have felt confident the data is safe. So I requested a new DID and Key for the station I want to add and started over.

I have not found a way to "remove" a device, so that is one issue I need help on. But I changed the name to "not used" for myself and set it to Private so it does not show on the map.

The new device worked perfectly for a couple hours and I thought I was good to go. The data was showing on my mobile apps and also on my desktop. BINGO! Right?

Until I switched the Bulletin to my other station. It came up perfectly, but when I switched back to the new station the data was not showing on the Bulletin except the Barometer. Huh??

The same thing happened when I checked on my mobile device apps.

Strange though that I saw two "Update" times. On the top title it showed as the last actual update, every 15 minutes. But at the top of the Bulletin it shows as the moment I added it.

See the screenshot:

http://007computer.com/images/wl20-issue.jpg

Even stranger is that the archive data shows properly. It is just the current display not working on the desktop version or the apps.

Any ideas??

Also, how do I remove the "device" that I want out?

Thank you!!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 03:47:21 AM »
Suggest you contact Davis support. It's obviously impossible for anyone here to look inside the account at the individual stations and check exactly what is and what isn't being uploaded, but Davis can do this.

There's all sorts of suggestions we could make but we're effectively working blind with no clear idea of where the problem is. There's no reason why the account shouldn't set up and work perfectly cleanly, but clearly there's an issue with one of your stations. Whether that problem is local to you or with the Internet connection or on the wl.com platform somehow is impossible to know at long distance - the symptoms don't suggest any common type of issue (though that doesn't mean that the fix might not be simple).

But any troubleshooting checks are likely to start with the same routine to double-check local operation:

===========================
Please put you console in setup mode. By pressing DONE and MINUS at the same time (If a Vantage PRo 2) or 2nd, then DONE (if Vantage Vue)

Then remove the batteries. And the AC power.
Pull out the data logger.
Disconnect the Ethernet, USB or serial cable.
Check the pins where the data logger plugs in, and ensure you see 10 in each row, and that they all are straight.
Wait 2 minutes.
Reinsert the data logger.
Press VERY VERY hard (once you're sure that the logger is correctly aligned with the its pins!)! [Users are often a little timid when installing the logger - it does need to be FULLY home]
Reconnect the cable.
Power up the console and ensure you hear the correct number of beeps (eg 3 for a VP2 console with logger correctly installed.)
When you see the “Receiving from” or “Enter Time” screen, press BAR and confirm that the Baud Rate is indeed 19200
Press Done to resume normal operation
===========================

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:59:04 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shakasha

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 05:09:21 AM »
Thanks.

I'm not using a data logger, I'm uploading from WeatherLink 6.0.3. The data is making to WL 2.0 as it shows correctly in the Data archives. That's the most important for me now.

The Charts are working as well, it is just the Bulletin that is not working.

I will get a hold of support and see what they think. If I get anywhere on my own I'll pass it on.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:26:39 AM by shakasha »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 05:36:37 AM »
I'm not using a data logger, I'm uploading from WeatherLink 6.0.3.

Well, you're obviously using a data logger to get data to the PC. Your symptoms sound like the archive data is making it OK while the LOOP data isn't, which is a little odd (where there is an issue, it's often the other way around). But chances are that Davis will still ask you to go through this procedure just to begin troubleshooting from a thoroughly checked starting point, especially re baud rate. (It's rare that baud rate ever gets changed - it should always be 19200 - but it can occasionally happen inadvertently and can then cause some odd symptoms.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shakasha

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 05:53:11 AM »
Well, you're obviously using a data logger to get data to the PC.

I am using meteorbridge and data does get logged somewhere. Our power was out a week or so after Irma and when everything came back up I had all the data for that period.

Is meteobridge considered a "data logger"?

There is something screwy in the Bulletin in the styling. The station dropdown doesn't display correctly, modules jump around and flash, there are some display issues with modules showing then not showing. The other station doesn't have those problems. As a programmer/developer, I can only assume there is an evil elf in the new profile.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 06:00:23 AM »
Well, you're obviously using a data logger to get data to the PC.

I am using meteorbridge

Ah OK, sorry, missed that. But presumably it's still a USB logger feeding the MB? Or is it a Pro Red? You might have an interesting conversation with Davis support then. Wonder if the simplest thing is to ask support to delete the station and try to set it up again from scratch (possibly with a different/new DID - wl.com does sometimes seem to retain some residual memory of theoretically deleted stations.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shakasha

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 06:39:40 AM »
Wonder if the simplest thing is to ask support to delete the station and try to set it up again from scratch...
That's likely to be the solution. Unless they can reset the "Last Updated" data as it shows two different dates and times. In the Current Station heading it is correct, but in each module in the Bulletin it is the date and time of the first upload. What is strange is that it was working for a couple hours, then got stuck after I switched views to the other station and came back.

I'll give them a call later. I expect they've seen it before and know what to do. It's possibly an easy fix for them to do on their end but a bit harder to modify the code to prevent it from happening.

Of course I could be the first, would be my luck! LOL

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 07:01:15 AM »
Unless they can reset the "Last Updated" data as it shows two different dates and times.

I wouldn't be sure that the two dates/times relate to the same uploads. You have the per-minute uploads of current data and then the archive uploads which go up once an hour. Then there are the highs and lows data - I'm not sure how often these upload (or even if they do upload, but rather suspect that they do), but it might be hourly also.

Hmm, this might be a complete red herring but I wonder if the local Weatherlink program expects to source High/Low data from the logger via the HILOWS command in the API (ie rather than maintaining its own set of HiLow data in software). Does cross my mind as to whether MB passthrough supports HILOWS (or conceivably there's a bug in the implementation). Maybe a question for Boris? But as I say, I'm just speculating here and this idea might be completely irrelevant.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:06:28 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shakasha

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 07:17:47 AM »
You have the per-minute uploads of current data and then the archive uploads which go up once an hour.
Right now my Weatherlink 6.0.3 software is uploading every 15 minutes. I may change the interval to one or five minutes after this gets sorted out, but for now it is every 15 minutes. That's what is showing in the Data as well.

Perhaps WL 2.0 is looking for something else.

Offline shakasha

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 07:39:29 AM »
It started working all of the sudden.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for you suggestions!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 07:47:20 AM »
Right now my Weatherlink 6.0.3 software is uploading every 15 minutes.

Not sure what you mean there? As far as I'm aware you can't control the upload interval (currently at least). Maybe you have the (local) archive interval set to 15 mins?

But your local WL is still presumably polling LOOP data every 2-3 secs and it's the latest LOOP (or something close) that's uploaded to wl.com once per minute. Then with a 15min AI you'll get 4 archive records uploaded hourly.

That's my understanding anyway.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline shakasha

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 08:05:39 AM »
In my case, WL 2.0 is not pulling anything, the Weatherlink software on my PC is downloading its data from the weather station every 15 minutes as it has for several years. But now that I have a DID and Key configured and "Network Upload" checked, it uploads immediately after downloading the latest data every 15 minutes. The software is downloading the station from my Meteobridge IP address.

I can change the "Archive Interval" in the Weatherlink software but there is a warning that it will clear the memory of the Meteobridge which I am hesitant to do. The data collected in the Weatherlink software is safe I believe as it updates a .wlk file as it goes. I'm not sure what happens if the Meteobridge memory gets reset though. It may not matter, but I am not sure.

Weatherlink 2.0 is working now, though.

Maybe the elf left.

Offline shakasha

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 07:00:19 PM »
UPDATE:

The newly added station worked a little while and then went back to the same condition. I took the plunge and changed the Archive Interval from 15 minutes to 5 minutes in my Weatherlink 6.0.3 software on my PC to download data from my weather station every five minutes. I ignored the warning about the memory being cleared out on my Meteobridge and moved ahead.

The downloads and subsequent uploads to Weatherlink 2.0 started every 5 minutes and nothing seemed to be lost. I logged into Meteobridge and all historical data was in tact. I assume the warning may have been for the 15 minute data in its memory. There were no big weather events during that 15 minutes so if anything was lost I'd never know. I was relieved to find out all the historical data was in tact; daily data, monthly, yearly, etc.

I see the 5 minute data on Weatherlink 2.0 and so far the Bulletin is working fine, for a few hours anyway. I will follow up in a day or so.

As a summary, I have a Vantage Vue with Meteobridge and a USB hub. I have been downloading data to Weatherlink 6.0.3 software on my PC for several years at a 15 minute Archive Interval. I signed up with a Weatherlink 2.0 Pro plan and added this station as a new device using the "Data Logger" path which provided me with a DID and Key that I entered into my Weatherlink 6.0.3 software and enabled "Network Upload." I had strange issues on the Weatherlink.com website with the Bulletin for this station. I changed the Archive Interval to 5 minutes without losing any data that I know of. So far everything looks good. The problems may or may not have been related to the Archive Interval.

I hope in a day or so I can say everything is still working!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
There does appear to be some confusion here between what the Davis logger is doing and what Meteobridge is doing/logging.

....As a summary, I have a Vantage Vue with Meteobridge and a USB hub....
And just to clarify you also have a USB logger and this is a MB not a MBPro?

Offline shakasha

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
I have a USB hub (Belkin), no "data logger", other than the Meteobridge (TP-Link) device.

The Vantage Vue console is connected to the Belkin hub along with the Meteobridge. The Meteobridge connects to my router.

Offline shakasha

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
I just popped the back off my console for the first time in who knows how many years, and there is a data logger installed.

Thus I stand corrected. And now a little more knowledgeable.

:lol:

I am thinking I spent the last two days working to get my software to upload to WL 2.0 but the data logger could do that without the software?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:21:22 PM by shakasha »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 08:20:58 PM »
I just popped the back off my console for the first time in who knows how many years, and there is a data logger installed.

Thus I stand corrected. And now a little more knowledgeable.

:lol:

I am not thinking I spent the last two days working to get my software to upload to WL 2.0 but the data logger could do that without the software. I may be starting over tomorrow...

So you would have a WLIP logger then? Not a USB logger? If not then you can't upload to WL2.0 without the WeatherLink software. But using a USB hub then you would have a USB logger? 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:22:46 PM by Mattk »

Offline shakasha

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 08:27:06 PM »
So you have a WLIP logger then? Not a USB logger? If not then you can't upload to WL2.0 without the WeatherLink software.

What do I have??

It would be nice to not have to use the software for uploading. How would I set it up?

anything