Author Topic: PC Connect for MAC End of Life  (Read 622 times)

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
PC Connect for MAC End of Life
« on: February 27, 2019, 07:33:52 PM »
Their software never worked well on the Mac so this not surprising...still...:

As of Thursday, Feb. 28 we will no longer formally maintain or support PC Connect for Mac’s connection to My AcuRite.

As a company on the forefront of environmental monitoring technology, our goal is simple: create products that our customers love and make new technology and innovations available that improve the user experience. As that new technology becomes available, older products eventually reach the end of their useful life and are phased out.

Over the last year, we’ve been working on new technology to replace PC Connect for Mac. That new product is AcuRite Access, which will enhance the way you store and share your weather data. Unlike the PC Connect product, AcuRite Access eliminates the need to have a dedicated computer running 24/7 to upload your data to My AcuRite and Weather Underground. AcuRite Access also allows you to connect multiple sensors to your My AcuRite account, such as indoor conditions, leak detection and more, to complement your 5-in-1 and provide a comprehensive monitoring solution in and around your home.

https://support.acurite.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017746453-PC-Connect-for-MAC-End-of-Life
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline garylroberts

Re: PC Connect for MAC End of Life
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »
I didn't quite see this End of Life notification in time. Two days ago I reloaded my Mac, having backed up my documents etc.. Unfortunately, I planned on re-downloading the AcuRite PC Connect software. So much for that plan. Does anyone have a copy of the dmg file that I could use. I've searched online but everything points me back to the AcuRite web site.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline garylroberts

Re: PC Connect for MAC End of Life
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 06:58:59 PM »
Thanks Bushman but I'm afraid I've already been there. Clicking the link on that page sends me to another page. Clicking the link on THAT page sends me to Acurite. Kind of a runaround. I appreciate your time.

anything