Author Topic: New Weather Software  (Read 64354 times)

Offline Josiah

• Add-InWx Software Author
  • Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
Re: New Weather Software
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:42 PM »
dean,

I figured the connection issue was a problem with my software but wanted to make sure. What was confusing me is that I was able to get it to connect to a Vantage Vue and pull data. Granted it would grab just the first data packet, but it was connecting. So I was digging through my email conversations with a Tech Representative from Davis and the documentation on the communications protocols to see what I missed about differences between the Vue, Pro and Pro2. Based on my research they all use the same communications protocols, the difference they do have is in the actual contents of the LOOP packet.  ](*,)
So I started going through my code line by line when I discovered that I had been checking to see if the TCP connection was connected before actually initializing the TCP connection object. And because I had setup my error handling in such a way that it would suppress error messages, I didn't see it earlier.  #-o

So it should be fixed now..

[EDIT]
Also while adding the hpa option to the Displayed unit options for the Barometric Pressure, I discovered that its the same as mbar or mbr. Interesting..
That's one of the reason I've enjoyed developing this software. I'm always learning something new...
[END EDIT]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:35:11 PM by Josiah »

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »

Have you tried using the cumulus software? I am sure you can get a lot of information there for connection settings and as well as other advance connection such as pushing the readings to weather underground site.

dean,

Its been awhile since I've tried using the cumulus software, however I'll take a look at it again.

Uploading to Weather Underground is also on my todo list. I'll add hpa to the Barometer Units selection as well.
Give me a few days to work on it.

Thanks for giving me a hand.

I do have a question though, it shouldn't make a difference but have you been trying to have it connect over a local LAN or the Internet?

You're welcome.

Jos,

That would be great, you should include WUnderground because as far as i know, I think more than 60% of the user that has personal weather station preferred to send their data continuously to WU to get detailed local forecast from their AWS, and I am one of them. Let me know if the connection issue of your software is fixed.

I almost forgot to tell you, I am controlling and monitoring my stations remotely. We have a Private/local network connection(Intranet), 20 Davis VP2 stations are setup to different areas remotely, each AWS IP has internet connection to send data to weatherlink.com so that we can use their mobile app (WeatherLink mobile) in android and iOS to see our stations thru mobile. So I am connected to my stations thru LAN by intranet.

[EDIT]
Also while adding the hpa option to the Displayed unit options for the Barometric Pressure, I discovered that its the same as mbar or mbr. Interesting..
That's one of the reason I've enjoyed developing this software. I'm always learning something new...
[END EDIT]

Yes. 1 hPa = 1 mbar. Anyway, That Degree days of yours, Is it the growing degree days? what is the default threshold of that? you should also include assigning the threshold of degree day for the users. I think Cumulus don't have degree day. this can be an advantage in your software.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:28:07 PM by dean.martin »

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 10:51:53 PM »
dean,

I figured the connection issue was a problem with my software but wanted to make sure. What was confusing me is that I was able to get it to connect to a Vantage Vue and pull data. Granted it would grab just the first data packet, but it was connecting. So I was digging through my email conversations with a Tech Representative from Davis and the documentation on the communications protocols to see what I missed about differences between the Vue, Pro and Pro2. Based on my research they all use the same communications protocols, the difference they do have is in the actual contents of the LOOP packet.  ](*,)
So I started going through my code line by line when I discovered that I had been checking to see if the TCP connection was connected before actually initializing the TCP connection object. And because I had setup my error handling in such a way that it would suppress error messages, I didn't see it earlier.  #-o

So it should be fixed now..

I think they have the same communications protocols because the TCP/IP data loggers of davis are compatible to Vue, Pro and Pro2. By the way, I also have 1 Vue, setup in the same connection with the VP2.

[EDIT]
One thing I just remembered, I heard somewhere (I don't recall where..) that the 'WeatherLinkIP' could only support one client connection at a time. I don't know whether or not this is true. Can anybody verify this?
[END EDIT]

Jos,

actually old versions of firmware of weatherlinkIP can support multiple client connection at a time using Virtual VP. that is how it is until VirtualVP is no longer compatible with the latest version of Davis' Weatherlink software since 2012. Kindly see reference link http://www.softwx.com/purchase.html  . Now, data can't be downloaded from weatherlink software if you will use Cumulus to connect to WUnderground at the same time. what I did is I scheduled the downloading,I close Cumuls during downloading and resume cumulus after downloading. Hope this information might help.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:30:35 PM by dean.martin »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 12:14:31 AM »
Posted by: dean.martin« on: Yesterday at 10:07:38 PM »
I think Cumulus don't have degree day. this can be an advantage in your software.
From the Cumulus Wiki:
<#heatdegdays> Today's heating degree days n/a
<#cooldegdays> Today's cooling degree days n/a

Paul

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »
I think Cumulus don't have degree day. this can be an advantage in your software.
From the Cumulus Wiki:

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the info but calculation procedure of cool degree days and growing days are the same. You can try it on your own.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:35:49 AM by dean.martin »

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 12:30:25 AM »
From the Cumulus Wiki:

Paul

I did not notice Cumulus has that. My bad.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
Yes. 1 hPa = 1 mbar. Anyway, That Degree days of yours, Is it the growing degree days? what is the default threshold of that? you should also include assigning the threshold of degree day for the users.

The Degree days and Cumulative 2-day rainfall are left over from a rewrite a did. If i can remember correctly the degree days was Heating Degree days with a threshold of 72 F. The 2 day rainfall I've been thinking about replacing with Yesterday's rainfall or adding it separately.
The link you provided for calculating Heating and Cooling Degree Days was interesting. I'll add it to my bookmarks list.

I think they have the same communications protocols because the TCP/IP data loggers of davis are compatible to Vue, Pro and Pro2.

Based on the Info I've found that was the conclusion I came to.
Its interesting looking at the Davis and PeetBros WX Stations from a programming standpoint because all of their stations use the same communications protocols. To me, it just makes sense to use the same firmware for your next station as a starting point then add the code to handle the features that you want to add.

[EDIT]
One thing I just remembered, I heard somewhere (I don't recall where..) that the 'WeatherLinkIP' could only support one client connection at a time. I don't know whether or not this is true. Can anybody verify this?
[END EDIT]

Jos,

actually old versions of firmware of weatherlinkIP can support multiple client connection at a time using Virtual VP. that is how it is until VirtualVP is no longer compatible with the latest version of Davis' Weatherlink software since 2012. Kindly see reference link http://www.softwx.com/purchase.html  . Now, data can't be downloaded from weatherlink software if you will use Cumulus to connect to WUnderground at the same time. what I did is I scheduled the downloading,I close Cumuls during downloading and resume cumulus after downloading. Hope this information might help.

This information is helpful.
If I'm understanding you correctly, your running Cumulus as the main program then when you want to download the data records from the 'WeatherLinkIP Dataloggers' you close Cumulus and start Davis' WeatherLink software? Are you saving the data to the local HardDisk, or uploading to a server somewhere? If your saving the data to somewhere besides the Weatherlink.com servers, I'm wondering if adding the ability to download logged data from the WeatherLinkIP's would be helpful, Let me know and I will add it to my todo list.

Thinking about logging data, Right now I have my software setup to log to a SQLCE Database, But was wondering if logging it to a comma separated (CSV) or Tab separated file would be useful. Or maybe add a utility to export specified records from the SQL database into a CSV format might be better.
Any thoughts?

Have you tried using the cumulus software? I am sure you can get a lot of information there for connection settings and as well as other advance connection such as pushing the readings to weather underground site.

dean,

Its been awhile since I've tried using the cumulus software, however I'll take a look at it again.

Uploading to Weather Underground is also on my todo list. I'll add hpa to the Barometer Units selection as well.
Give me a few days to work on it.

Thanks for giving me a hand.

I do have a question though, it shouldn't make a difference but have you been trying to have it connect over a local LAN or the Internet?

You're welcome.

Jos,

That would be great, you should include WUnderground because as far as i know, I think more than 60% of the user that has personal weather station preferred to send their data continuously to WU to get detailed local forecast from their AWS, and I am one of them. Let me know if the connection issue of your software is fixed.

I almost forgot to tell you, I am controlling and monitoring my stations remotely. We have a Private/local network connection(Intranet), 20 Davis VP2 stations are setup to different areas remotely, each AWS IP has internet connection to send data to weatherlink.com so that we can use their mobile app (WeatherLink mobile) in android and iOS to see our stations thru mobile. So I am connected to my stations thru LAN by intranet.

Since we use WUnderground for our forecasts I've been thinking about uploading to them as well. Because of this, WUnderground uploads have been moved closer to the top of my ToDo List.

The TCP connection Issue should be fixed now. If you could to give it a try again that would be very helpful.

When I first got my software connecting to a Vue, I had it going through a local LAN. The only reason I can see there being any difficulty connecting over the internet would be if Port forwarding was not configured properly. Since you've already gotten Cumulus working with your setup you shouldn't need to change anything for my software.

Thanks once again for your help.

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 03:45:34 AM »
The Degree days and Cumulative 2-day rainfall are left over from a rewrite a did. If i can remember correctly the degree days was Heating Degree days with a threshold of 72 F. The 2 day rainfall I've been thinking about replacing with Yesterday's rainfall or adding it separately.
The link you provided for calculating Heating and Cooling Degree Days was interesting. I'll add it to my bookmarks list.

Jos,

Better if Just 1 day (yesterday) cumulative rainfall, and include also another display for cumulative rainfall for today (display right below yesterday’s rainfall I suggest). For degree day, you should include a setup to set threshold value and a selection of what to view in the display (heating or cooling degree day). This degree day display should be based on yesterday’s data.

Based on the Info I've found that was the conclusion I came to.
Its interesting looking at the Davis and PeetBros WX Stations from a programming standpoint because all of their stations use the same communications protocols. To me, it just makes sense to use the same firmware for your next station as a starting point then add the code to handle the features that you want to add.

Yeah, and you should include placing versions to your software for development to trace improvements and fixed bugs.

If I'm understanding you correctly, your running Cumulus as the main program then when you want to download the data records from the 'WeatherLinkIP Dataloggers' you close Cumulus and start Davis' WeatherLink software? Are you saving the data to the local HardDisk, or uploading to a server somewhere? If your saving the data to somewhere besides the Weatherlink.com servers, I'm wondering if adding the ability to download logged data from the WeatherLinkIP's would be helpful, Let me know and I will add it to my todo list.

Thinking about logging data, Right now I have my software setup to log to a SQLCE Database, But was wondering if logging it to a comma separated (CSV) or Tab separated file would be useful. Or maybe add a utility to export specified records from the SQL database into a CSV format might be better.
Any thoughts?

Yes, that’s exactly what we’ve been doing. Cumulus as main program for sending data to WU and WeatherLink software for downloading data. We are uploading the data to Microsoft SQL server 2012. Adding the ability to download logged data from the WeatherLinkIP's and the ability to upload to WU without problem would be helpful. It would be like a combination of Cumulus and WeatherLink software. One more thing, I think you should include a way to logged to data to your software ignoring Time. I mean, if your software received data, it should ignore the time of that data received and use the time of your computer (sync software time and desktop time) because there are instances that the console is delayed in time due to power outage and it will cause to logged right data to a wrong time.
I think this is possible in logging realtime data from the stations, logging realtime data using the computer’s time.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »

Better if Just 1 day (yesterday) cumulative rainfall, and include also another display for cumulative rainfall for today (display right below yesterday’s rainfall I suggest). For degree day, you should include a setup to set threshold value and a selection of what to view in the display (heating or cooling degree day). This degree day display should be based on yesterday’s data.

Cumulative rainfall for today is in the Main "Rain / Humidity" Box.
Those are good ideas for the degree day.

Yeah, and you should include placing versions to your software for development to trace improvements and fixed bugs.

Are you thinking along the lines of both a "change log" and maybe separate download links for each successive version? I've also started to display the version number (currently as a Date) in the software itself.

Any thoughts?

Yes, that’s exactly what we’ve been doing. Cumulus as main program for sending data to WU and WeatherLink software for downloading data. We are uploading the data to Microsoft SQL server 2012. Adding the ability to download logged data from the WeatherLinkIP's and the ability to upload to WU without problem would be helpful. It would be like a combination of Cumulus and WeatherLink software. One more thing, I think you should include a way to logged to data to your software ignoring Time. I mean, if your software received data, it should ignore the time of that data received and use the time of your computer (sync software time and desktop time) because there are instances that the console is delayed in time due to power outage and it will cause to logged right data to a wrong time.
I think this is possible in logging realtime data from the stations, logging realtime data using the computer’s time.

With how I've got it setup right now, whenever it adds data to the database it uses the current time from the system clock. The data it uses for logging is from the real-time output (eg. For Davis Stations it would use Data from the "LOOP" packet).
I'll add an option to select which database to log to for each station, either as a connection string (for those who are familiar with the SQL syntax) or as a list where the user can simply select the database. I want to make it as simple as possible while still enabling the user to create their own custom database. hmm... I'll need to think about this one for awhile.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Status Update,

WUnderground Uploads should be in the next version, I'm in the testing phase right now.

Also, for those who are testing it, I've updated the first post with a new version. I've also added a list of changes that have been made.
Davis Stations should work Via TCP and Serial connections. However, I still need someone to give me feedback on if its actually getting any data from a Davis Station.

If anybody else wants to help test it, or give suggestions on what they would like to see added, please let me know. I'm open to any suggestions.

I also want to come-up with a good name for it, if anyone has any ideas feel free to share.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »
I am trying to make it work via TCP and it is a no go.

When I click to add a station I get this error.

When I try to save the station info I get the second error.

I have the station set up like three.    I know the location is wrong I was trying to keep as many things the same as possible for testing.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »
Beaudog,

Thanks for providing Screenshots with your description of the problem. It really helped me figure out what was going on.

The error messages that your seeing are a result of your PC not having any Serial Ports on it. Since all of the PCs that I've tested it on so far have had at least one Serial Port, this is something I did not run into before. I've added it to my todo list, I will work on it and should have it resolved in the next version.

If in the mean time you still want to test the TCP connection to a Davis Station, you could try plugging in a USB to Serial adapter. Otherwise just wait a couple of days for the new update.

Thanks for trying it.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 05:31:54 PM »
OK I tried to set it up again.   Station 1 is on com 9, station 2  on 127.0.0.1   22222.

I get this error in the log.  Both stations.

No data from either one.

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »
Jos,

I have been trying it but encounters error.

error after opening the software and error after adding a station then applying changes.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
Beaudog,

Can you send me the "Error_Log.txt" file, maybe as an attachment.
Also do you have a Station connected to the Serial Port, or at that IP address? And what type of stations are you trying to connect to?

dean,

It looks like its trying to load settings from the old Version.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I had to rewrite how the software saves settings which means those old files are no longer compatible.
Try browsing to your "Documents" or "My Documents" folder and deleting the "Weather Program" Folder. Doing this will reset everything to its defaults which should solve that problem.

I think its time to add a version number to the settings file just to prevent this from happening again. Or add any new settings to the end of the file instead of trying to keep it organized by inserting them right next-to related settings. hmm....

I Really appreciate both of your guys' help with this.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
It was a Davis VP2 connected via USB to com 9.        ANd by 127.0.0.1   which should also work.

This is the entire error log same entry all the time.

At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:19 PM
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:22 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:23 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:24 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:25 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:26 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:26 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:27 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:28 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:29 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:30 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:20:42 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:21:25 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:21:58 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:23:23 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:23:28 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:23:30 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:24:17 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:24:19 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:24:21 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:26:22 PM
At Data Updater  7/16/2014 2:26:24 PM

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
OK, Thanks for the complete Error_Log.
I think I know whats going on, I'll work on it and will hopefully have fixed in the next version.

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 09:16:07 PM »

dean,

It looks like its trying to load settings from the old Version.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this earlier, but I had to rewrite how the software saves settings which means those old files are no longer compatible.
Try browsing to your "Documents" or "My Documents" folder and deleting the "Weather Program" Folder. Doing this will reset everything to its defaults which should solve that problem.

I think its time to add a version number to the settings file just to prevent this from happening again. Or add any new settings to the end of the file instead of trying to keep it organized by inserting them right next-to related settings. hmm....

I Really appreciate both of your guys' help with this.

Resolved. =D&gt; Thanks. So then, I was trying to connect to one of my AWS and here's another error communicating with the device.
 :???:

here is the error_log.txt content;

At Open TCP Connection  7/18/2014 8:31:10 AM
The requested address is not valid in its context
At Open TCP Connection  7/18/2014 8:31:27 AM
At Open TCP Connection  7/18/2014 8:31:41 AM
At Open TCP Connection  7/18/2014 8:32:11 AM
At Open TCP Connection  7/18/2014 8:35:04 AM
At Open TCP Connection  7/18/2014 8:35:23 AM

The Communication status of that device I was trying to connect is good

but your software encounters error connecting.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »

Resolved. =D&gt; Thanks. So then, I was trying to connect to one of my AWS and here's another error communicating with the device.

dean,

Thanks for the error_Log.
I think I ran into that one a couple of days ago and fixed it.

I just uploaded an updated version, And Here's some of the things I've done with it.

Version [7.17.2014]
Added WUnderground Uploads. (As a matter of fact I just got this one going about 4 hours ago.  \:D/ )
BugFix another bug not allowing connections to Davis Stations Via TCP.
BugFix Program was throwing errors when attempting to load settings out of an older Settings file.
BugFix Program would throw error messages if the PC didn't have any Serial ports.
Serial Connection errors are now logged to a file.
Added a Connection Status Line to the Main Screen. (This was to prevent alot of message boxes from popping up and suspending program execution.)
There was also other small bug fixes.

Since I wanted to keep a better Change Log I needed to come up with a version Number, so for now I've decided to use the date of release. Its a simple method and will do the job until I come up with something else. Or.... maybe not...

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »

dean,

Thanks for the error_Log.
I think I ran into that one a couple of days ago and fixed it.

I just uploaded an updated version, And Here's some of the things I've done with it.

Version [7.17.2014]
Added WUnderground Uploads. (As a matter of fact I just got this one going about 4 hours ago.  \:D/ )
BugFix another bug not allowing connections to Davis Stations Via TCP.
BugFix Program was throwing errors when attempting to load settings out of an older Settings file.
BugFix Program would throw error messages if the PC didn't have any Serial ports.
Serial Connection errors are now logged to a file.
Added a Connection Status Line to the Main Screen. (This was to prevent alot of message boxes from popping up and suspending program execution.)
There was also other small bug fixes.

Since I wanted to keep a better Change Log I needed to come up with a version Number, so for now I've decided to use the date of release. Its a simple method and will do the job until I come up with something else. Or.... maybe not...

Jos,

I've downloaded  your updated software, still another error occuring after adding station then applying settings. ](*,) Please see attached files.

you should should come up with a new version number if it can successfully connects to a TCP/IP VP2 station ;)

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »

I've downloaded  your updated software, still another error occuring after adding station then applying settings. ](*,) Please see attached files.

you should should come up with a new version number if it can successfully connects to a TCP/IP VP2 station ;)

dean,

It looks like its trying to load settings from an older Settings file again. I thought I fixed that.  :roll:  I'll take another look at it.
[EDIT]
Was this showing up when you click the "Apply Settings" button, or was this popping up when you start the program? Because Everything looks good here, and it is working for me. Did you try deleting the "Weather Program" folder?
[END EDIT]

"Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
This is interesting.. It sounds like the TCP connection is being closed by the WX Station. That's a new one..

Did you get anything from the station before getting this message? About how long from when the program starts does it take for this to show up?
Do you have any other software connected to that station, or was my program the only one?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:50:54 AM by Josiah »

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 10:33:25 PM »

dean,

It looks like its trying to load settings from an older Settings file again. I thought I fixed that.  :roll:  I'll take another look at it.
[EDIT]
Was this showing up when you click the "Apply Settings" button, or was this popping up when you start the program? Because Everything looks good here, and it is working for me. Did you try deleting the "Weather Program" folder?
[END EDIT]

"Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
This is interesting.. It sounds like the TCP connection is being closed by the WX Station. That's a new one..

Did you get anything from the station before getting this message? About how long from when the program starts does it take for this to show up?
Do you have any other software connected to that station, or was my program the only one?

Jos,

I have tried deleting "Weather Program" folder every time I try run your software. but that error i attached keep on showing up right after I click the "apply settings" button. No data received from the station.  I close other programs connected to the station when every time I run your software.

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
dean,

If you could you send me a zipped copy of your ""Weather Program" folder the next time it comes up with that error, that would be helpful. There's a few things in it I would like to take a look at.

Also, I just uploaded the latest version. If you could give that a try and Let me know how it goes I would be most appreciative.

Since the Message box error looks like its related to saving or loading settings, One thing to do is to click on the Continue button the next time it comes up with that message. However, it may come up with another one right after that but you should be able to tell that one to continue as well. Just let me know if it does pop up again.

I've been assuming that you are talking about the message box, but just to clarify, When you say,
but that error i attached keep on showing up right after I click the "apply settings" button.
Are you referring to the message box that keeps showing up, or the error in the "Error_Log"?

I'm sorry to keep ending my posts with more questions, but I want to get as much information about a problem before I start changing things. I hope you understand.

[EDIT]
Beaudog,
Are you experiencing these problems? And what version of OS have you been trying it on?

I'm curious to know if its a problem that's only showing up when the program is run under a Windows 7 OS. I've tested my software under Windows 8 and XP, and neither has given me that message box error. Although, regardless of whether that's the case I still want to resolve it.
[END EDIT]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:47:45 PM by Josiah »

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
The program appears to be saving the setup information to someplace other than the weather station folder.       

I delete the whole folder and redownload the zip file and when I open the program it still has all the settings from before I deleted the folder and there is no way to edit them the edit does not take place.

It was working until I tried to enter coordinates.   What format do the coordinates need to be in.    After that it will not allow me to edit the station.

At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:31 AM
Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:31 AM
Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:32 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:33 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:34 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:35 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:36 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:37 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:38 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:39 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:40 AM
At Wake TCP Station  7/20/2014 11:55:41 AM

Offline Josiah

• Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2014, 02:58:51 PM »
The coordinates need to be in the format used for CWOP uploads. I forget what that is though. Let me look it up.
Also can you post a screenshot for me.

[EDIT]
Your location. This is ddmm.hh -- i.e. degrees, minutes and hundreths of minutes. The Longitude has three digits of degrees and leading zero digits cannot be omitted.
[END EDIT]

Your IP Address and Port number are valid, right?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:03:30 PM by Josiah »