Author Topic: LaCrosse 2315 When Starting up, vws picks up total rain as rain today.  (Read 3915 times)

Offline sthughes

I have been having this problem with p78 and just upgraded to p98 to see if that fixes it, but no joy, I still have it!

I have a LaCrosse 2315 using HeavyWeather. Whenever vws starts up, it picks up the total rain and puts into rain today. I have to clear it (using settings>reset min and max) before the next rain or the end of the day, or you can see that will totally mess up my rain readings. My Wundergournd station page already has me up to 25.55 inches for the month when 7.61 would be more accurate, not to mention 1848 inches for the year.

Does anyone know a solution or workaround (automated) for this problem? I try to manually fix it daily, but I often forget.

Offline gsownsby

• ScenicCityWeather.com
Re: LaCrosse 2315 When Starting up, vws picks up total rain as rain today.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »
sthughes,

See my post on this topic:  http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=5578.0

I would not be surprised if this is an old bug that has existed in several previous versions of VWS.  I had the same problem when I was using the version you referenced.

I suspect your LaCrosse is like mine...total rainfall cannot be adjusted within the unit so VWS must be used to tweak the data to the correct values.  I actually reset my LaCrosse unit so total rain was 0.00 but then the problem I identified comes into play then.
VWS/WeatherFlash/WeatherLinkIP/Davis Vantage VUE/LaCrosse WS-2310 TWC/HeavyWeather/Panasonic Webcam/CW5013

Offline gsownsby

• ScenicCityWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »
My Rainfall data is still messed up too...even with p100.   :sad:
VWS/WeatherFlash/WeatherLinkIP/Davis Vantage VUE/LaCrosse WS-2310 TWC/HeavyWeather/Panasonic Webcam/CW5013

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »
I did have this problem as well, so i did downgrade to VWS v13.01p09.

And see the problem dispared.  \:D/
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus