Author Topic: Renkforce wh2600 problem  (Read 761 times)

Offline lujodoc

Renkforce wh2600 problem
« on: January 14, 2021, 10:36:09 AM »
Hello,

this is my first theme on this forum, so first of all: Hello to everyone!  \:D/

I have Renkforce WH2600 PWS and it was connected to WU, but after one and half year it stopped working.
The problem is how I see it is that the receiver cant connects to WH24 outdoor sensor, they don't see each other.
batteries in outdoor sensor are ok, even tried with new one but no success.
sensor shows when is turned on red led for few seconds then after every 15seconds flash red once so its working.

also I have indoor sensor which is normally communicating with receiver.

Does anyone have any suggest or i need to change outdoor sensor?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Renkforce wh2600 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 11:15:55 AM »
Seems like your outdoor sensor array has quit working. I would not replace the WH24 sensor array with a new one. It will probably be cheaper to get a complete new system with a newer sensor array with many improvements. Depending on the age of your WH24 it could have been using analog sensors and even if it was one that uses digital sensors the wind vane on the WH24 is temperamental and flaps all over the place. Add to that that the model you have uses an old WH2600 which is not very compatible with 3rd party software. Therefore there is not much value in retaining the WH2600 gateway device. I recommend a new station with the Ecowitt GW1000 as the sender or the Froggit DP1500 (they are the same thing).

If you did want to get a replacement anyway...not another WH24....I would get the WH65 as it will be compatible with the WH2600 that you have. You'll just need to update the firmware to the latest version. But getting a station with the GW1000 (DP1500) would allow you to easily expand the capabilities to your station with more optional sensors and to connect other weather software like Cumulus MX, Meteobridge, Weather-Display, and WeeWX. Not to mention that the GW1000 (DP1500) is going to be much more reliable than the WH2600.

NB - The Froggit WH2600 is really a WH2650 and that is not the same thing as your old WH2600. The WH2650 is also another viable option.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything