Author Topic: New Atlas User questions  (Read 708 times)

Offline RaymNeg

New Atlas User questions
« on: July 31, 2020, 04:47:41 PM »
Hello everyone.

New to the forum and also new Atlas user from Puerto Rico.  I've had the Atlas installed at the roof for a week and a half now, but I think yesterday It had a real test.  It withstand Tropical Storm Isaias winds very well. High winds started around 4:50Am and lasted till 1:30Pm. 

All were going well until I noticed that around 2:11Pm it stopped updating. At the Display I noticed that it got stuck displaying;

Outdoor Humidity 99%
Wind Speed 18mph
Daily Rain 4.97
etc.

I thought it was the display and power cycle it. After that It wasn't able to find the Atlas weather station.  ](*,)

Frustrated I took the opportunity during a break of wind gusts and rain, went to the roof to check on the weather station.  Looked at the indicator led and it wasn't turning on every 10 secs like it did before.  I removed the batteries installed new ones but still no indication of activity. 

Removed batteries again took the Atlas inside the house, and after 15 min installed the batteries and started sending signals again.

Reinstalled and it continued working sending wind, rain, pressure updates to the screen.

One thing I noticed is that its not updating UV, Light values anymore

Anyone have had this experience before?

Thanks in advance

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Re: New Atlas User questions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
Pop open the black part ( rain bucket ) and make sure the wire connector is plugged in properly . I would unplug it and re-plug it in just to make sure it's making a proper connection . 

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35220.0;attach=33227;image
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:22:08 PM by Mabcmb »

Offline RaymNeg

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 11:17:13 PM »
Pop open the black part ( rain bucket ) and make sure the wire connector is plugged in properly . I would unplug it and re-plug it in just to make sure it's making a proper connection . 

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35220.0;attach=33227;image

Thanks a lot for the advice, I went again to the roof removed batteries and unplugged and replug the wire connector and that solved the issue.  :thumbsup:

My most sincere thank you   UU

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 02:20:23 PM »
Your very welcome glad everything's working now .  [tup]

Thanks a lot for the advice, I went again to the roof removed batteries and unplugged and replug the wire connector and that solved the issue.  :thumbsup:

My most sincere thank you   UU

Offline Notsorusty

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:47:34 PM »
I like the rebar reinforcements holding up your station. It is needed in your neck of the woods.

Stay safe!
Station Name: Silver Creek II
Latitude / Longitude: 41.925° N, -87.872° W
Elevation: 633
City: Franklin Park
State: IL
Hardware: Ambient Weather WS-2902D

Offline RaymNeg

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 11:44:41 AM »
I like the rebar reinforcements holding up your station. It is needed in your neck of the woods.

Stay safe!

Thanks, Had to add more support  [tup] this Hurricane season began active in the Caribbean