Author Topic: A question about wind extension for the Atlas  (Read 490 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
A question about wind extension for the Atlas
« on: August 06, 2020, 05:16:15 PM »
OK here's my question , while the unit is together the entire unit must face south but after I hook up the extension can I put my Atlas facing any way I want ?

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: A question about wind extension for the Atlas
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »
As long as you do the wind vane orientation adjustment I don't think it matters.
Adjust the Wind Vane Orientation (Optional)
Note: Most users will not need to complete this step.
When mounting the AcuRite Atlas outdoor device, as long as the rear solar panel is facing south, the wind orientation should already be correctly configured from the factory. However, if you must mount the outdoor device in a different direction or otherwise need to adjust its wind vane orientation, complete the steps below.
1. In the battery compartment of the outdoor device, locate and press the calibration button. The red LED starts flashing rapidly.
2. Point the wind vane to north. You may need a compass to find the proper north orientation.
3. While holding the vane facing north, press the calibration button in the battery compartment again. The LED will stop flashing rapidly. Wind direction information will now use the new orientation.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:22:19 PM »
OK here's my question , while the unit is together the entire unit must face south but after I hook up the extension can I put my Atlas facing any way I want ?

The aspiration fan may not work optimally if you don't have the system pointing in the general area of southern orientation. If you turn it backwards or more in a northerly direction, it will not work out I suspect.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:57:29 PM »
Thanks guy's I finally looked at the manual and it shows this that the " new " piece faces south but doesn't say anything about the body . I'm still deciding where I'm going to mount the main body because I don't want the temp sensor over the house because  that seems to make the temp a tad bit off . Once again thanks for the replies .

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

anything