Author Topic: vantage vue  (Read 501 times)

Offline andy1302

vantage vue
« on: January 09, 2021, 06:22:49 AM »
Does anyone know the max distance i can have between the console and the station? And how would i test to know if i am ok? Thanks

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: vantage vue
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 06:29:56 AM »
Does anyone know the max distance i can have between the console and the station? And how would i test to know if i am ok? Thanks

Nominally 300m. but obviously it's a wireless signal and so it depends whether there are any obstructions in or near the direct line-of-sight signal path. eg having a block or brick wall in between might reduce the transmission distance by 30-40%. But ordinary window glass is pretty transparent.

If you're only looking at a short distance, eg up to 50m then it's very likely to just work pretty much whatever the circumstances (unless eg there's sheet metal in the way). But as you get towards 200 and 300m so you have to take more care in your assessment.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline andy1302

Re: vantage vue
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 06:39:02 AM »
Thank you! I have triple glazing and a wall but 40m will be more than fine. Appreciated

anything