Author Topic: Looking to make a change  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Bucs44

Looking to make a change
« on: February 03, 2023, 09:11:22 AM »
I have an Ambient Weather ws-2000.  It has been very good to me.  It's looking like it's about time to start looking for a replacement as it's about 7 years old.  I have seen the new Weatherlink console coming out by Davis and was curious what everyone's thoughts are about that.

I'm a bit of a data junkie when it comes to my weather data and have been taking my data and creating excel charts/graphs.  Is there anything on the market that graphically shows weather data?  I'm leaning towards Davis as their weatherlink.com looks a lot better then ambient weather's.

I know this is a bit of a ramble - looking to spend about $1,100 on a new station and was thinking the Vantage Pro2 with the new weatherlink console was potentially the way to go. 

Thoughts?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Looking to make a change
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 11:38:05 AM »
Hi,
looking to spend about $1,100 on a new station and was thinking the Vantage Pro2 with the new weatherlink console was potentially the way to go.
Unless you really want a console, the VP2 ISS with Weatherlink Live device gets your data on the Weatherlink APP, Weatherlink.com, and live data accessible by several third-party programs like CumulusMX and then your own website(s).

The new Davis console, instead of Weatherlink Live, is somewhat similar in sending data to weatherlink.com but at the moment/initial release I don't think third-party programs can access the data stream.  Of course the VP2 ISS with both new console and WLL can then do most anything.

The weatherlink.com site with Pro subscription has the full range of data and charts, including AirLink.

Enjoy,
Paul

anything