Author Topic: Making Public  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Sailing Club
Making Public
« on: October 24, 2022, 05:24:43 AM »

I have added a line below the "broadcast. jpg" http://glassonsailing.co.uk/wp/home/weather/ with a link to our weatherlink bulletin, but I need to be logged in to view it, that wasn't needed before, I wonder how to make it public, please?

"If the graphic above is showing an old Data set, please click HERE for a current report"

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Making Public
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 06:20:17 AM »
I have added a line below the "broadcast. jpg" http://glassonsailing.co.uk/wp/home/weather/ with a link to our weatherlink bulletin, but I need to be logged in to view it, that wasn't needed before,

I don't know how long ago 'before' might be? But AFAIK it's been the case for some time that you need a (free) account at weatherlink.com to see the Bulletin. The simplest workaround may be to add one of the Embed options in an iframe to your web page.  See the Share & Uploads menu option on weatherlink.com. OK it is just plain text rather than pretty graphics but it should update automatically and without needing a log-in
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 06:37:27 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Sailing Club
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 07:23:07 AM »
"before" was before I stopped using Weatherstation 3 plugin software for Wordpress and went back to using VWS for the display. Thanks for the reminder about Embed options, I have chosen this one :  https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/673418579c8f473fa678dbf4127cad71/slim

But I see it is now stopped at 7.51 am (UK time) - that was when I restarted VWS this morning with weatherlink still running in the background.

I'll get on the remote computer now and stop VWS and see what happens to it.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 09:45:08 AM »
Yes, the Glasson Sailing club station at weatherlink.com doesn't seem to have received any data updates since 0751.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.