Author Topic: Fall/Winter 2022  (Read 12175 times)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: Fall/Winter 2022
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2022, 04:34:27 PM »
Winds are just starting here in Bismarck, ND.  No camera to show you.  But blizzard conditions are in effect.  Winds are at 42mph, expecting 50mph later.

Wind chill is at -4F.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2022, 04:58:54 AM »
Winds are just starting here in Bismarck, ND.  No camera to show you.  But blizzard conditions are in effect.  Winds are at 42mph, expecting 50mph later.

Wind chill is at -4F.

That is awful.  And you still haven't gotten the cold front dipping all the way down from Siberia.  When it gets to Oklahoma City, the temp may not get above freezing from Dec. 21 to Dec. 25. So far, no major snowstorm is expected.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2022, 02:17:45 PM »
There is light at the end of the tunnel. Blizzard Warning expires at 3 pm central. Hasn't stopped the snowfall yet. The wind has calmed substantially 25 - 36 mph. The only exit that's not blocked is the garage thank's to a neighbor that brought his Kubota with a shovel over.  As I mentioned before heavy snow storms in December here are rare. I measured over 2" of moisture and around 20" for the month of December and only halfway through. Next up is the Siberian cold due to roll in on Monday. Below zero high temps possible.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Randy

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2022, 03:41:48 PM »
Impressive. Haven't had a storm like that in this county for 30 years or more. We could take some of that moisture off your hands. Seriously, hope everyone is pulling through okay. Pity the ranchers.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2022, 03:59:23 PM »
We received about 20 inches in the storm since Tuesday.  In November, we had 24 inch storm.  So we're already above average snowfall for a season.

Snow is finally stopping.  Probably wait for winds to stop and won't snow blow until tomorrow.  Interstates are still closed.  Roads in lower half and eastern half are closed.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Online chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2022, 11:28:55 PM »
55 mph when artic air moves in :shock:
Pardon me but ef that!
 :lol:

Our fireplace is not working.  #-o
Chief, how does one "break" ones fireplace?

We were lucky. The wall switch was bad. But he cleaned the lighter, and other things in the gas fireplace.

We are also lucky. It has been snowing for 4-5 days straight. But missed the majority of the snow.  5 total.   But the snow is very wet. I made a snow ball and it was packed like a rock. When it freezes the next week, we will be one big glacier.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2022, 01:02:22 AM »
55 mph when artic air moves in :shock:
Pardon me but ef that!
 :lol:

Our fireplace is not working.  #-o
Chief, how does one "break" ones fireplace?

We were lucky. The wall switch was bad. But he cleaned the lighter, and other things in the gas fireplace.

We are also lucky. It has been snowing for 4-5 days straight. But missed the majority of the snow.  5 total.   But the snow is very wet. I made a snow ball and it was packed like a rock. When it freezes the next week, we will be one big glacier.
Ah, certainly glad all's well. As I'm sure you know, they can be more dangerous than one may think.

The wet snow comment reminds me of waiting for the school bus circa 1968 with a very wet snow on the ground. It was a "thing" then to take a snow ball and squeeze as much water from it over several minutes to basically turn into an semi ice ball. I took it square in the face. Didn't tickle.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2022, 05:07:07 AM »
Wow, Stillwater may get 8.7" of snow next Friday for a white Christmas Eve Eve. Missouri may get even more.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Online chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2022, 09:27:04 AM »
still snowing today. Should end later today. I hope.

It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2022, 08:01:21 PM »
Wow, Stillwater may get 8.7" of snow next Friday for a white Christmas Eve Eve. Missouri may get even more.

However, the Saturday weatherman for Channel 4 didn't have a snowfall map to show and talked liked there wouldn't be much snow. It is still supposed to get very cold. He also said latest data he saw indicated that the cold front wouldn't hang around for long and may warm up to 44 on Monday.   Maybe hype man Mike Morgan needs to throw his computer out the window.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2022, 07:44:34 AM »
North Platte FCO put this out a few minutes ago. 
Randy

Online chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2022, 10:52:33 AM »
cold here too.

3F now.   Worse and more WC as the week goes on. At least I got the heavy snow off the end of the driveway before it completely turned to ice. Had to call a plow.

Now I just need to keep the rabbits off the porch.

It's not you-It's WU.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2022, 11:17:45 AM »
I watched South Dakota State vs Montana State play a semi-final FB game at (5°) yesterday in Brookings SD. Nutts
The small 4-year college championship will be in Frisco Tx. With SDSU vs NDSU should be a good one and a lot warmer.
A lot of Valentine area locals including rancher's kids go to SDSU. More so than down in Lincoln. "Nebraska"
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2022, 04:59:38 PM »
 CMC Model showing  a high of 34 down here for Saturday. GFS at 41. That's a cold high temp for north central Florida.
Still a week out though. 

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2022, 07:12:56 PM »
CMC Model showing  a high of 34 down here for Saturday. GFS at 41. That's a cold high temp for north central Florida.
Still a week out though.
Wow. I'm seeing lows in the lower 20's for Saturday morning. So, I'm guessing a bag of oranges will go from $25 to $50. Wonderful.  :roll:

Online chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2022, 07:26:29 PM »
I watched South Dakota State vs Montana State play a semi-final FB game at (5°) yesterday in Brookings SD. Nutts
The small 4-year college championship will be in Frisco Tx. With SDSU vs NDSU should be a good one and a lot warmer.
A lot of Valentine area locals including rancher's kids go to SDSU. More so than down in Lincoln. "Nebraska"

Both will travel well. We know how NDSU travels.

But they should move that to MPLS.  It would sell out 65K.

It's not you-It's WU.

Online chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2022, 08:17:29 PM »
going to be cold this week.

It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2022, 03:24:47 AM »
Thank goodness, the weather lady at OKC's channel 5 has a 2nd opinion about what the snow is going to do.  Most of Oklahoma will have none to a trace of snow.  Still getting a lot colder with the low getting down to 2 in OKC.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2022, 06:59:14 PM »
TV Weatherman David Payne on channel 9 says snow on Thursday will be trace to 1/2" in OKC. Up to 1" in Enid, Stillwater and Tulsa. But totals will shift. Snow will be heavier in Missouri from Springfield to St. Louis. I-44 may have to be closed due to drifting snow.  Low may be -3.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2022, 08:13:13 PM »
Wish I could send you ours.
More worried about the high temp -17° with a potential -50° windchill.

This is what they are saying about the historical winter weather.

" -The harshest winter weather since 1983 appears to be heading toward Nebraska. Dangerous wind chill readings of -30F to -50F, strong winds, snow and blowing snow are likely this week."
Randy

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2022, 12:04:45 AM »
Latest GFS models have backed off on snow totals.  But Chicago area may get close to a foot.  Thank goodness OKC TV weatherman Mike Morgan has backed off a lot on snow total for Stillwater, going from 8.7" to only .7".  Thanks for the big downsizing.   If I were him, I would give up presenting sensational snow totals days too early in advance no matter how highly much a computer model shows. But as old as he is getting, maybe he will never learn.

Eggs, bread, and milk sections were running low at Walmart this evening.  It's hard to believe people are still buying eggs since prices have doubled + on them.  Thank goodness this unusual cold snap won't be as extreme and long lasting as the freaky one was here in Feb. 2021. It was unforgettable.  It got down to -10 here. For Texas, it killed off a lot of palm trees.   Highs here are forecast to be back in the 50s by mid next week.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 12:32:53 AM by Bunty »

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2022, 12:12:21 AM »
-50 wind chill here as well

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2022, 03:58:48 PM »
NWS has upgraded our weather alert from Winter Storm Warning to Blizzard Warning. Even though we haven't seen a flake of snow yet (3 PM Wednesday), all the schools have already announced that they will be closed tomorrow.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline DRoberts

• Forecaster
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2022, 04:38:57 PM »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2022, 04:47:39 PM »
Short video of current conditions. (-9.3°f, Wind Chill -35° with 22 mph sustained wind and heavy snow) and someone is still delivering packages.

https://www.valentinenebraska.net/20221221.mp4

Randy

anything