Author Topic: CumulusMX upload question  (Read 1687 times)

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
CumulusMX upload question
« on: December 05, 2021, 03:47:49 AM »
CUTags.php doesn't seem to want to upload every 5 minutes.. it wants to upload every so often. Not sure why.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 04:18:21 AM by mkutche »
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: CumulusMX upload question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 09:27:45 AM »

Do you have other files processing and FTP and if so do they work?Can you enable FTP Logging, then after a couple of FTP cycles check the MXdiags to see if any errors or messages.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 10:17:25 AM »

Do you have other files processing and FTP and if so do they work?Can you enable FTP Logging, then after a couple of FTP cycles check the MXdiags to see if any errors or messages.

Enjoy,
Paul

ya a few files processing that might be it.
Mike K.
Gosport, Indiana

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 12:41:43 PM »
When you say "a few files processing" is that more than 10, 15 as it should have no problem with that.
Is it only CUtags being missed?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 05:47:19 AM »
When you say "a few files processing" is that more than 10, 15 as it should have no problem with that.
Is it only CUtags being missed?

Enjoy,
Paul

10 files are being uploaded sometimes the graphs miss an upload
Mike K.
Gosport, Indiana

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 10:52:24 AM »
CumulusMX should be able to process that, and many more,  at the usual 5-min interval along with the usual realtime FTP.  With FTP logging enabled in settings you can check your MXdiags file and see what errors or messages are logged.  Your Cumulus MX b3043 version is quite old and Mark has made a lot of changes since that version, including more details in MXdiags. 

I process 13 files at 5-minute interval and 3 realtime at 10-seconds and do see the occasional error for the realtime FTP like
Code: [Select]
2021-12-06 08:48:11.957 FTP[170]: Error uploading C:\KomokaWeather\CumulusMX\web-additions\realtimetagsT.phptmp to public_html/cumulusmx/realtimetags.php : Unable to identify the local data socket: Address already in use but the rest seem fine.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 01:07:42 PM »
CumulusMX should be able to process that, and many more,  at the usual 5-min interval along with the usual realtime FTP.  With FTP logging enabled in settings you can check your MXdiags file and see what errors or messages are logged.  Your Cumulus MX b3043 version is quite old and Mark has made a lot of changes since that version, including more details in MXdiags. 

I process 13 files at 5-minute interval and 3 realtime at 10-seconds and do see the occasional error for the realtime FTP like
Code: [Select]
2021-12-06 08:48:11.957 FTP[170]: Error uploading C:\KomokaWeather\CumulusMX\web-additions\realtimetagsT.phptmp to public_html/cumulusmx/realtimetags.php : Unable to identify the local data socket: Address already in use but the rest seem fine.

Enjoy,
Paul

After I switched servers everytime it tried to upload and failed CumulusMX would delete CUTags.php and 5 other files that couldn't upload.. then 5 minutes later they reappeared.. I soon fixed that.. Yea I know he has a new version out there just been too busy to update it. Is it easy to do?
Mike K.
Gosport, Indiana

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 04:51:00 PM »
Is it easy to do?
Yes I would say it is easy to do, but then I have been keeping up with the changes so becomes second nature...
Copy all unzipped files/folders in a new CumulusMX folder.
Copy in your existing \data and \Reports folders to the new install.
Copy in the existing Cumulus,ini file to the new install.
If you have your own edited template (T) files in your \web folder copy these to the new \web folder. If you are using the original Cumulus web template you will need to become familiar with the changes in the current default web pages and determine what changes you need to make.

There has been a lot of changes since your b3043 and most are just ongoing upgrades and new features.  The Updates.txt file with the zip will show the full list of changes for each build.

A latest release change is CumulusMX now uses .Net Framework 4.8 (previously 4.5.2) and you would need to update if you don't already have 4.8.

With all the changes and new features it is good practise to go through each settings page and make sure the things you want are set and enabled as needed.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 04:00:14 PM »
I have recently updated my CumulusMX, I do this as the updates come through, for some reason when CumulusMX is now running there are no updates to software, I have not changed any settings, just done the normal copying of files and uploaded as usual.  Now if I manually invoke an update, everything is fine, just no updating every 5 minutes from the regular update schedule.  Not sure what's wrong, any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Nick. dw7240.com

Wow, further investigation has told me that there are extra settings in the update, namely in the Station Settings - Common Options  - Sensor Check section, this I just ignored, but at present my Wind Sensor is off due to Station New Setp Up, but after switching the sensor check off the software now updates like it used to.  Word to the wise - Check the updates for new settings - Can eleviate a sore head !!

Thanks,

Nick.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 05:22:39 PM by DW7240 »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 05:24:33 PM »
Hi Nick,

Have you gone through all the Internet Settings, including Normal Interval Settings, etc.?
Some default settings have changed through the various version updates.

Are you uploading more than the Extra web files CUtags for the Saratoga template?
Which files re not updating?
Is there anything in MXdiags during the 5-min interval period?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline DW7240

• Senior Contributor
    • The Vicarage Weather Feed
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 07:37:31 PM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, but I sorted it out, it was literally the sensor option, as I stated in my revised question, a simple fix, and 2 hours later everything is fine and updating.  Again thanks for replying and your suggestions.

Nick. dw7240.com