Author Topic: Can't find software ?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline REDEX

Can't find software ?
« on: February 26, 2021, 07:59:24 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Hi,
    I have a Pro-Signal PWS  PSG04173.   Connection is only by WiFi.   I cannot find any software to display the station data on the screen of my PC.  Did not have this problem with an earlier system that had a USB connection.
I have uploaded to Wunderground   Station  ICOLCH77  and everything works fine, but it does not "mirror" all of the data shown on the station display.
   During set-up it displays as an "EasyWeather" model. I have the ISP address for the station but it "refuses to connect"
I configured the station by using "WS View" as an android mobile app. There are no references to software or using a PC in the instructions.
    One thing I miss is that previous desktop displays had the option of "mixing" metric and Imperial.  I choose to use Imperial for everything except the temperature which I only really relate to in Centigrade. Being at school in 1965 meant that metric units were coming into fashion however I had already mastered measurements in Imperial except the temperature !!   I am completely fluent in metric but still mentally convert to gallons, feet, lbs when it suits. For example if I measure a length at 1346mm I will opt to write down 53 inches, its faster and easier.  I see the world in Imperial and Metric, apart from temperature !!!   My knowledge of Fahrenheit is 32F=0C  61F=16C  and 212F=100C   but I have no idea how warm or hot 88F is !!!

Thanks Neil

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Can't find software ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 08:07:14 AM »
I recommend that you buy an Ecowitt GW1000. Make sure to match the frequency of your station when ordering (433, 868, or 915). That will then give you the ability run Cumulus MX, Meteobridge, Weather-Display, or WeeWX. I suggest running any of these on a Raspberry Pi. Then you can pull up the nice interface on your computer.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline REDEX

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 05:59:32 AM »
Hi Galfert,
    thanks for the reply. However it does not really help me with the software problem for the weather station I have just bought and fitted.
Regards Neil

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 07:36:51 AM »
Can't help with the software, but for F <-> C, I just keep milestones in my head based on a delta of 10C equals 18F.

0C = 32F
10C = 50F
20C = 68F
30C = 86F

So in the example you give, I know 88F is about 31C without having to do any sort of conversion.
https://lexmaweather.info
On Mastodon: @LexMAWeather@toot.community

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 08:16:31 AM »
Hi Galfert,
    thanks for the reply. However it does not really help me with the software problem for the weather station I have just bought and fitted.
Regards Neil

Adding the GW1000 does help you with your station. The GW1000 will pick up all your station's sensors and allow you the use of many software options. The GW1000 is less than $40.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole