Author Topic: Just a joke everyone.. or is it?  (Read 961 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Just a joke everyone.. or is it?
« on: April 13, 2021, 04:03:32 PM »
It is sad to notice that the most truthful person on the TV news these days..... is the weatherman.

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
Re: Just a joke everyone.. or is it?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »
It is sad to notice that the most truthful person on the TV news these days..... is the weatherman.
That depends on who you talk to. I'm sure you must have heard the all the weather conspiracy theories such as the temperatures, etc are being faked to pretend that there is an upward trend in global temperatures.

These days "truth" is about having what you want to believe reflected back to you, rather than having the inconvenience of facts that may conflict with that view.
“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 06:21:14 PM »
I see this thread going off the rails in the not too distant future.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 09:52:33 PM »

as someone that has been under curfew and heard sirens the last few days. I can see it happening.

The last one...two miles from home.  All of these little communites run together.
Like a small town. A lot of people know a lot of people and have interacted with them. I did not have that kid in my district, but entirely possible i have seen him or parents at the local Target.  (yes, you cannot swing a dead cat in this town without hitting a target)

And yes, the weather person is the only one you can trust.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 10:31:40 PM »
as someone that has been under curfew and heard sirens the last few days. I can see it happening.
You and many others, not just your town, see this garbage and the likes every day. Your "government" fails you...implicitly. All I can say is "get out".

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 01:49:14 AM »
I sure don't trust TV weather people when they put up their map with the expected rainfall amounts.  The higher the amounts are, the more likely they will NOT turn out true, especially for your city.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 09:12:45 AM »
N B C.

Nothin' But Cr@p.  lol

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 04:59:14 PM »
When it comes to weather just read your daily discussion for your CWA from the NWS.
It's all broken down very nice without any fluff.
I am in the southern portion of the Jacksonville CWA. 10 miles to my SW is the Tampa CWA. 10 miles to my SE is the Melbourne CWA. By reading all three I get a clear idea, or not, of what to expect. It is interesting to see how each office interprets sounding data and model data to come up with a forecast.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll