Author Topic: VP Live not keeping VP2 Console clock synced - RESOLVED  (Read 3839 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
VP Live not keeping VP2 Console clock synced - RESOLVED
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
This is something I have noticed for quite some period of time but until today I just haven't had the time to look into it.

I have looked at the program settings and everything appears to be set correctly so it keeps the console synced with the PC. The console is currently running almost 3 minutes ahead of the PC. I restarted everything and still no correction to the time difference.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

The VP2 console has the latest firmware updates and VPLive is running v1.2.5.27 which is the latest version.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:00:16 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: VP Live not keeping VP2 Console clock synced
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:46:52 PM »
Have noticed that "tinplate" - Steve has not visited these forums since last July. Does anyone know if he is still around? He is still listed as the "moderator" of the VP Tools forum.

I just sent him a message to see if he responds to that.

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
Put the console in 'setup' mode and go to the screen for setting time. Change the console time to be JUST behind the PC time, maybe 20-30 seconds. This what I do and everything works fine. Just make sure that you hit 'Done' on the console when you are finished.
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
That's essentially what I have done BUT, VPLive is supposed keep the VP2 Console synced with the computer clock. I shouldn't have to make any adjustments at all.

I've also sent Steve an email regarding this issue.

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »
In VPLive, go to settings, when you open the console com window, there is a box at the bottom for syncing the time. There are 4 choices there, what do you have selected?
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »
In VPLive, go to settings, when you open the console com window, there is a box at the bottom for syncing the time. There are 4 choices there, what do you have selected?

It is set to "Keep console synced to pc"

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 05:59:11 PM »
If you have VVP set to protect console I don't think it can synk time

BINGO!!! You are correct.  \:D/ =D>

The problem was due to the fact that I had all of my programs being controlled by VVP set to "Protect Console". I unchecked the "Protect Console" box for VPLive (leaving the others checked). I then shut down everything via StartWatch and restarted them back up again. Almost immediately after VPLive restarted I watched the console clock closely and it reset to the same time as the PC clock. Will watch it for a day or so but I am now convinced the problem was a "settings" problem that I had introduced myself - that good 'ole cockpit syndrome bites again...  ](*,)

And once again, the expertise in this forum comes through and solves a problem! THANK YOU!!!