Author Topic: Goldstar Stations  (Read 55071 times)

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
Re: Goldstar Stations
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2016, 07:54:52 PM »
Acurite just released their MacOS version of "PC Connect" for testing.

I've set it up with a new station ID for testing from a 5n1 that already has the coveted "gold star".  (Same weather station hardware, just reporting through a Mac instead of through the SmartHUB)

It will be interesting to see if or when it's awarded.  ;)

I wouldn't think it would make any difference but with WU at the controls, most anything can happen!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »

I've set it up with a new station ID for testing from a 5n1 that already has the coveted "gold star".  (Same weather station hardware, just reporting through a Mac instead of through the SmartHUB)

YAY!  The "Gold Star" arrived!  I had to wait about 16 1/2 hours though.   #-o

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2016, 10:27:02 AM »

YAY!  The "Gold Star" arrived!  I had to wait about 16 1/2 hours though.   #-o

Wow. This caused the value of my Gold star to drop to $1,000 from $2,000. I better hurry up and sell before the value drops some more!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2016, 01:24:35 PM »
Gold only worth 1325 an Oz on open market. Jewelry quality nuggets are where the money is.

Johnny

Offline vreihen

• El Nińo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2016, 12:45:21 PM »
Stock up on food and water and prepare for the upcoming apocalypse, because my station just received a gold star!!!!! :D
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2016, 01:00:07 PM »
Ha! Another millionaire, our station data is now worth gold :D

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2016, 04:07:53 PM »
(*sigh*)

Yet another person on the Acurite support forums is complaining about losing their "gold star".   :roll:

I had problem with Acurite's new Mac software yesterday.  It cost me the "gold star" for a bit, but it was re-awarded today. 

Offline Evening thunder

• Harpford Weather
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2016, 04:47:29 PM »
So my station has been removed from Wundermap and lost it's 'goldstar' because here in the valley it's dropped to 12.8C... while just down the road a temperature of umm... 13.1C is allowed and the station keeps it's goldstar #-o

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2016, 04:49:51 PM »
So my station has been removed from Wundermap and lost it's 'goldstar' because here in the valley it's dropped to 12.8C... while just down the road a temperature of umm... 13.1C is allowed and the station keeps it's goldstar #-o

Don't worry the star will return! As long as you are close to perfect...

Offline Evening thunder

• Harpford Weather
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2016, 06:29:49 AM »

Hopefully lol, though I'm not too bothered just another 'doh!' on WU's part

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2016, 09:03:01 PM »

A very sad day for me. My WU goldstar status has been removed from my PWS and nothing has changed! Goofy to say the least!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2016, 05:19:52 AM »
Record-high mid-September here... we had tropical days since Saturday every day...

And my station in particular... currently showing "just" 7 degrees more than it should and a birght shiny gold star next to it :D

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »
I saw my Oregon station was taken off the map yesterday afternoon. There was no wind blowing at all yesterday, and the station did spike 2* F higher than my acurite 5 in 1 with the fan, so they must have thought I was running hot... but 2 degrees off gets you pulled? I still have a "Gold star" though! The acurite does not, and right now isn't even reporting temp or humidity, and they have removed it from the map.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2016, 07:46:11 AM »
but 2 degrees off gets you pulled

there must be something else, my station is currently over 7 degrees off.... and I have had the star non-stop since I first time got it about a month ago...

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2016, 07:48:33 AM »
but 2 degrees off gets you pulled

there must be something else, my station is currently over 7 degrees off.... and I have had the star non-stop since I first time got it about a month ago...

I've never seen it pulled before... Everything was feeding into their site just fine. They pull the acurite quite often though.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2016, 07:49:43 AM »
It really seems to me like someone is tossing a coin at WU...

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »
I seldom look at my WU pages but in my checking for following this thread my Davis/Cumulus based site is still Goldstar and my BlookSky is not, and that is what I would expect so everything is good for me at the moment.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2016, 09:47:40 PM »

A very sad day for me. My WU goldstar status has been removed from my PWS and nothing has changed! Goofy to say the least!

I complained to WU re dropped goldstar and whether this had anything to do with it or not, but my goldstar is back! I can sleep tonight!

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2016, 10:06:21 PM »
I complained to WU re dropped goldstar and whether this had anything to do with it or not, but my goldstar is back! I can sleep tonight!

It's totally screwed up.

My Bloomsky was down all last week because of a bad router.  That caused me to lose my goldstar, but it was back a day after getting back on-line.

Then this week the AC power adapter went bad on my Bloomsky, so it was down a couple days as I rigged up a new supply.  Lost the gold star again, but after restoring power, the gold star was back in about 12 hours or so.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2016, 10:40:59 PM »

It's totally screwed up.

My Bloomsky was down all last week because of a bad router.  That caused me to lose my goldstar, but it was back a day after getting back on-line.

Then this week the AC power adapter went bad on my Bloomsky, so it was down a couple days as I rigged up a new supply.  Lost the gold star again, but after restoring power, the gold star was back in about 12 hours or so.

As we have documented here, the WU goldstar is a joke! Its too bad, it should be an objective award, not something less. I, and others who spend hours each week ensuring the integrity of our PWS deserve better.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2016, 10:50:50 PM »
As we have documented here, the WU goldstar is a joke! Its too bad, it should be an objective award, not something less. I, and others who spend hours each week ensuring the integrity of our PWS deserve better.

Yep.  But on the Acurite support forum, some are taking them very seriously, blaming Acurite for ruining their "reputation".

:roll:

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2016, 05:27:28 AM »
Time to say goodbye to WU, they used to be unique, reliable and useful....

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hřrning By Vejr
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2016, 09:30:17 AM »
My station were down for an hour due to power disappeared - Gold Star went away :-(

......8 days later, wuhooooooo my Gold Star were back!!!

I feel very very very special ;-)
Erik M M
---------------
Hřrning By Vejr
http://www.danmaach.dk

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2016, 08:32:57 PM »
Time to say goodbye to WU, they used to be unique, reliable and useful....

If we say goodbye to WU what other sources do we have here in the US other than CWOP? In the CR, you probably have hundreds of websites wanting your data!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2016, 09:27:59 PM »
Weathercloud for example,  being actively developed and getting better and better