Author Topic: WiFiLogger - Connect your Davis console directly to the Internet via WiFi  (Read 109090 times)

Offline Slimbo1981

Re: WiFiLogger - Connect your Davis console directly to the Internet via WiFi
« Reply #750 on: January 14, 2019, 01:15:29 PM »
So now I can see the word activated near the weatherlink but still no data transmitted to the weather link website. I can also see my station on the weatherlink app!!!

Offline Slimbo1981

« Reply #751 on: January 14, 2019, 01:41:14 PM »
Under Wifilogger general setting should I enable the following:
Web Interface
TCP port
Local ID device
upload date
sleep mode
sleep interval
Pause Duration

Thx mate

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #752 on: January 14, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »
mode WL PC
click SAVE
then click ACTIVATION

Offline Slimbo1981

« Reply #753 on: January 14, 2019, 02:13:10 PM »
Thx mate

Now I have it all working :-)

Bow can I make the upload speed faster so the wind speed on the app updates faster?

Thank you chap.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #754 on: January 14, 2019, 02:17:55 PM »
Thx mate
Now I have it all working :-)
Bow can I make the upload speed faster so the wind speed on the app updates faster?
Thank you chap.

At this moment only with WUs RapidFire you can have 3 sec.
If you are computer skilled user, you can setup MQTT also with 3 sec.
WL.COM has 1 min. upload like WeatherLink on PC, or WeatherLInk IP.
Some sites like WOW won't accept more data than once per 10 min.
In general those free websites have minimum 5 min interval.

Offline Slimbo1981

« Reply #755 on: January 14, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »
Ok cool

I have copied your settings from General setting in wifi logger to 900s and pause 7minand auto pause I hope that would be fine.

Does WU has an app that can show PWS?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #756 on: January 14, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »
Yes they have an Android and IOS app.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline mzac

« Reply #757 on: January 15, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »
I just received my logger and installed it tonight and it works great!  I'm very interested in using MQTT to publish data to Home Assistant however I noticed the temperatures are all sent in F instead of C.  Is there any way to change the MQTT settings to send in C?  I noticed that in the FTP settings it can be changed.

Thanks this is an awesome product and I'm happy to support it!

My other post on the Home Assistant forum, maybe we can get some more people from there!

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wifi-logger-for-davis-weather-stations/88966/3

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #758 on: January 16, 2019, 06:41:49 AM »
I just received my logger and installed it tonight and it works great!  I'm very interested in using MQTT to publish data to Home Assistant however I noticed the temperatures are all sent in F instead of C.  Is there any way to change the MQTT settings to send in C?  I noticed that in the FTP settings it can be changed.
My other post on the Home Assistant forum, maybe we can get some more people from there!
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wifi-logger-for-davis-weather-stations/88966/3

When I was preparing CSV(text) file for archive export, I wanted to make something similar to WeatherLink standard, but now I know that was bad idea.
When you have original TXT file from WeatherLink PC you don't know what units are in it. I have add units columns to my file.
JSON file is in native console units and has to be like this. It's universal. You have to recalculated units before showing on screen like WU, or PWS make it.
Please visit my website
http://wifilogger.net/station/php/wflexp.json
and template to show data from this JSON
http://wifilogger.net/station/php/
When you click on unit lik C or mph, units will change and settings will be stored by cookies in your web browser. So when you visit this site again it will have your (local)preferences.
It's quite convenient. In same time when you want to store data in data base from multiple people, then data will always be the same F, mph, inch, no mismatch possible.

My next move is to export archive data via JSON format. It will also be in native units from console.

Check how looks recalculating in JavaScript(maybe not very clean code):
Changing from F to C is only  return Math.round(((unit-32)/1.8 )*10) / 10;
Code: [Select]
function Ubar(bar){
var b=0;
switch(UNITS[0]) {
case "mm":  b = bar * 25.4 ;break;
case "hPa": b = bar * 33.8639;break;
case "mb": b = bar * 33.8637526; break;
default:  return Math.round((bar)*1000) /1000;
}

return Math.round((b)*10) /10;
}

function Uwind(wind){
        if(wind == "---") return "---";
var w=0;

switch(UNITS[4]) {
case "mph":   w = wind;break;
case "m/s":   w = wind * 0.447;   break;   
case "km/h":  w = wind * 1.6093;break;
case "knots": w = wind * 0.869;break;
default:w = wind;
}
return Math.round((w)*10) /10;
}

function Urain(rain){
var r=0;
switch(UNITS[3]) {
case "mm": r = Math.round((rain*25.4)*10) /10; return r.toFixed(1);break;
default:   r = Math.round((rain)*100) /100; return r.toFixed(2);
}

}

function Utemp(unit){
if(UNITS[1] == "F") return unit;
else{
return Math.round(((unit-32)/1.8)*10) / 10;
}
}

I am adding JSON structire in XLS
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:49:07 AM by WiFiLogger »

Offline mzac

« Reply #759 on: January 16, 2019, 06:59:29 AM »
Thanks the Excel file will help out a lot!  I couldn't sleep this morning so I got up at 4am to start integrating it into my Home Assistant.  Also, my Homeassistant exports all its data into an Influx Database so I am able to see the data in Grafana.  I am still working on a dashboard and I'll share it when it is ready.

I figured out a few of the units but I was missing others, I'll work on it more tonight.

Here is what I have in Home Assistant so far:
https://imgur.com/a/SzuvPqX

When I was preparing CSV(text) file for archive export, I wanted to make something similar to WeatherLink standard, but now I know that was bad idea.
When you have original TXT file from WeatherLink PC you don't know what units are in it. I have add units columns to my file.
JSON file is in native console units and has to be like this. It's universal. You have to recalculated units before showing on screen like WU, or PWS make it.
Please visit my website
http://wifilogger.net/station/php/wflexp.json
and template to show data from this JSON
http://wifilogger.net/station/php/
When you click on unit lik C or mph, units will change and settings will be stored by cookies in your web browser. So when you visit this site again it will have your (local)preferences.
It's quite convenient. In same time when you want to store data in data base from multiple people, then data will always be the same F, mph, inch, no mismatch possible.

My next move is to export archive data via JSON format. It will also be in native units from console.

Check how looks recalculating in JavaScript(maybe not very clean code):
Changing from F to C is only  return Math.round(((unit-32)/1.8 )*10) / 10;
Code: [Select]
function Ubar(bar){
var b=0;
switch(UNITS[0]) {
case "mm":  b = bar * 25.4 ;break;
case "hPa": b = bar * 33.8639;break;
case "mb": b = bar * 33.8637526; break;
default:  return Math.round((bar)*1000) /1000;
}

return Math.round((b)*10) /10;
}

function Uwind(wind){
        if(wind == "---") return "---";
var w=0;

switch(UNITS[4]) {
case "mph":   w = wind;break;
case "m/s":   w = wind * 0.447;   break;   
case "km/h":  w = wind * 1.6093;break;
case "knots": w = wind * 0.869;break;
default:w = wind;
}
return Math.round((w)*10) /10;
}

function Urain(rain){
var r=0;
switch(UNITS[3]) {
case "mm": r = Math.round((rain*25.4)*10) /10; return r.toFixed(1);break;
default:   r = Math.round((rain)*100) /100; return r.toFixed(2);
}

}

function Utemp(unit){
if(UNITS[1] == "F") return unit;
else{
return Math.round(((unit-32)/1.8)*10) / 10;
}
}

I am adding JSON structire in XLS

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #760 on: January 16, 2019, 07:44:12 AM »
Thanks the Excel file will help out a lot!  I couldn't sleep this morning so I got up at 4am to start integrating it into my Home Assistant.  Also, my Homeassistant exports all its data into an Influx Database so I am able to see the data in Grafana.  I am still working on a dashboard and I'll share it when it is ready.

Units are decribed in XLS file, but console gives you :
temp in Fahrenheit
wind speed in mph
rain and ET in inch
bar in inch
elevation in feet (config station only)

Please not that in near future JSON file will change, but I will add some new fields, so your code should be good.
I need to put some identification of WFL to this file. It's ok now when you have only one, but when you want to server a few via PHP you need some identification, so I will add Name, MAC address, maybe local IP. I will try to make unique key for WFLs, to protect your server from other users.
But data will be like this. WFL JSON file contains all current data + hilows data, when WFL will send via second JSON file archive records from data logger memory, then whole info from console will be exported via JSON. JSON will be exported via FTP/HTTP/MQTT. HTTP and MQTT in 3 sec interval.
Thats my goal for now.

If you will need any help, ask here, or send me an email wifilogger@qq.com.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:56:30 AM by WiFiLogger »

Offline rockncola

« Reply #761 on: January 17, 2019, 11:10:25 PM »
Something else I noticed (And its a good thing  :grin:) is that now WU reports wind speeds other than calm or 0 all the time.
Before, when WLIP uploaded to WU, it was wind speed at that very moment. So most uploads (<90%) showed calm wind.
The option in WiFiLogger 'Data Export Setup' for CWOP asks for type of wind speed to report. I don't know how or why this would effect WU but since I set it to '2-Min Avg Wind Speed',  CWOP AND WU seem to report the 2 minute average. Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong, but either way, I'm not complaining.

Will there be a way to do this for PWS in future?

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #762 on: January 18, 2019, 05:39:40 AM »
Something else I noticed (And its a good thing  :grin:) is that now WU reports wind speeds other than calm or 0 all the time.
Before, when WLIP uploaded to WU, it was wind speed at that very moment. So most uploads (<90%) showed calm wind.
The option in WiFiLogger 'Data Export Setup' for CWOP asks for type of wind speed to report. I don't know how or why this would effect WU but since I set it to '2-Min Avg Wind Speed',  CWOP AND WU seem to report the 2 minute average. Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong, but either way, I'm not complaining.

Will there be a way to do this for PWS in future?

In CWOP I didn't know what kind of wind should be exported, so I made option to chose, but when you turn on console, then there is no 10 and 2 min AVG wind, so for this time CWOP is feeded with current wind speed, just to not make gaps on CWOP site. When 2 min avg is ready, then it's replacing current wind in this situation.

Davis console gives us:
- Current Wind Speed
- Current Wind Direction
- 2 min Avg Wind Speed
- 10 min Avg Wind Speed
- 10 min Wind Gust
- Wind Gust Direction

Please note, that there is no wind direction for AVG winds.

PWS accept:
- winddir
- windspeedmph
- windgustmph

What I am going to do in next move is to take latest archive input (fresh) and send this data to PWS, WU, etc.
In archive data we have :
- Wind Speed - 1.3
- Hi Speed - 4.5
- Hi Dir - ENE
- Wind Dir - ENE
Wind direction is divided to 16 parts.

But, yes I can make option to change wind in export.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #763 on: January 18, 2019, 05:50:09 AM »
To move forward with WiFiLogger firmware and new features we need to do one hard thing.
I have chosen bad partition table on the beginning. Firmware can be only 512kB. Now it's bigger, so partition table has to be changed.
Problem is, this operation will clear whole memory and your settings will be wiped out.

I need to find volunteers. Computer super users, who will check my procedure and help to improve manual for other great WFLs users.
You have only this: https://wifilogger.net/files/WFL_Update_200.zip

On the other hand if you don't mind that your WFL after migration to version 2.00 will be restored to factory settings. Then procedure is very simple. Just update your WFL to 2.00 and wait for max 5 min.

Please write suggestion here, or send me via email wifilogger@qq.com

Thank you
Wojtek

Offline rockncola

« Reply #764 on: January 18, 2019, 06:54:40 AM »
To move forward with WiFiLogger firmware and new features we need to do one hard thing.
I have chosen bad partition table on the beginning. Firmware can be only 512kB. Now it's bigger, so partition table has to be changed.
Problem is, this operation will clear whole memory and your settings will be wiped out.

I need to find volunteers. Computer super users, who will check my procedure and help to improve manual for other great WFLs users.
You have only this: https://wifilogger.net/files/WFL_Update_200.zip

On the other hand if you don't mind that your WFL after migration to version 2.00 will be restored to factory settings. Then procedure is very simple. Just update your WFL to 2.00 and wait for max 5 min.

Please write suggestion here, or send me via email wifilogger@qq.com

Thank you
Wojtek

I will volunteer, but I'm not exactly sure what you want me to do other than download and update to 2.00. Don't care if settings get wiped out. What else do you need to know?

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #765 on: January 18, 2019, 06:57:59 AM »
I will volunteer, but I'm not exactly sure what you want me to do other than download and update to 2.00. What else do you need to know?

Full procedure is to save and restore settings using firmware 1.24S.
1. Update firmware in WiFiLogger to version 1.24S – see step 1 below.
2. Save config files to local computer hard drive
3. Update firmware to version 2.00
4. Upload configuration files you saved to local computer hard drive (step 2 above) as HTML files.

Please download https://wifilogger.net/files/WFL_Update_200.zip
Instruction is inside.
My question is: Is this instruction is proper made?
Where is main problem?
Is procedure was easy to made?

Offline mzac

« Reply #766 on: January 18, 2019, 07:04:46 AM »
I'll be happy to test v2.0 out tonight!  I'll give you news when I do!

Offline rockncola

« Reply #767 on: January 18, 2019, 07:38:39 AM »
For the upgrade to 124S:

1.1 - fine.
1.2 - I could be a bit picky but probably should read, "Unzip folder."
1.3 - Inside WFL_Update_200 folder, you will find two folders (WifiLogger124S and WifiLogger200) with their corresponding .bin and .html files
1.4 - Fine, but has minor spelling error, "Go to SETUP|SYSTEM menu of your WFL and make firmware update with WiFiLogger124S.bin file, sd you have likely done before" (should be, "as").

2. All fine and easy to understand, but may I suggest adding something like, "Save this file to your PC (right click, Save As)."

Updating to 2.00 now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:41:25 AM by rockncola »

Offline rockncola

« Reply #768 on: January 18, 2019, 07:45:32 AM »
Update to 2.00 went smoothly. Nothing to really add. Instructions were easy to understand. Nothing much else I can think of to be honest.

Edit: Under Rain and ET, I notice there's an area that just has "---". Any idea what this is?

Edit again: Also, at the top of my Real Time Data page, I'm getting, "undefined". My clock / real time data is no longer updating either. Oh crap.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:57:53 AM by rockncola »

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #769 on: January 18, 2019, 07:57:48 AM »
Update to 2.00 went smoothly. Nothing to really add. Instructions were easy to understand. Nothing much else I can think of to be honest.
Edit: Under Rain and ET, I notice there's an area that just has "---". Any idea what this is?
Edit again: Also, at the top of my Real Time Data page, I'm getting, "undefined". My clock / real time data is no longer updating either.

It takes up to 5 min. First HTML files are being downloaded, then after success version 2.08 will be downloaded and updated.
Please refresh web site of WFL and check firmware version SETUP|SYSTEM.

Offline rockncola

« Reply #770 on: January 18, 2019, 08:01:14 AM »
Edit again: Also, at the top of my Real Time Data page, I'm getting, "undefined". My clock / real time data is no longer updating either.

It takes up to 5 min. First HTML files are being downloaded, then after success version 2.08 will be downloaded and updated.
Please refresh web site of WFL and check firmware version SETUP|SYSTEM.

It's been longer than 5 minutes though. Nothing is happening. Just stuck on WiFiLogger 2.00.

Offline rockncola

« Reply #771 on: January 18, 2019, 08:10:11 AM »
Is there a any way I can kick-start the download process again?

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #772 on: January 18, 2019, 08:17:52 AM »
http://YOUR_WFL_IP/update
chose first option: Firmware update

Offline rockncola

« Reply #773 on: January 18, 2019, 08:25:42 AM »

And update to 2.00 again?

"Update failed to install. Restarting."

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #774 on: January 18, 2019, 08:36:44 AM »

And update to 2.00 again?

"Update failed to install. Restarting."

Ver 2.00 is downloading new firmware, it's triggered to start downloading after reboot.
Your units can't download full update and it's rebooting.
please try to use this: https://wifilogger.net/files/WiFiLogger208.zip to make regular update to 2.08