Author Topic: Vantage Pro  (Read 1388 times)

Offline lee52

Vantage Pro
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:37:42 PM »
Cabled Vantage Pro 6150 for sale. Includes console, ISS with 100 foot wire, Anemometer. Also an extra 200 feet of cable,if you would like it. (this alone cost $65 new)
Professional station that works great. This station is basically the same as the Vantage Pro2 cabled. The difference between the cabled version and the wireless is only one wire that goes from the ISS to the console. I simply do not need it anymore as I have both the VP2 and Vantage Vue wireless. $170 or reasonable offer.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 11:20:10 PM by lee52 »

Offline lee52

Re: Vantage Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 04:24:31 PM »
I have decided to take this off as a "for sale" item. I didn't realize the rain collector and cone, along with the temperature-humidity sensor is interchangeable with the wireless vantage pro 2. So basically the original vantage pro cabled and the vantage pro 2 wireless have the same rain collector and temperature humidity sensor. The only difference is the solar panel, one being wireless and sending a signal and the other wired and not solar. Also the anemometer is interchangeable. So  the $140 dollars or so I might have gotten for this station is really worth far less than if I have a problem and need to buy either one of these parts. Another words, better to keep it as a back up than sell it.

Offline Dane_B

• WI3X Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »
I have decided to take this off as a "for sale" item. I didn't realize the rain collector and cone, along with the temperature-humidity sensor is interchangeable with the wireless vantage pro 2. So basically the original vantage pro cabled and the vantage pro 2 wireless have the same rain collector and temperature humidity sensor. The only difference is the solar panel, one being wireless and sending a signal and the other wired and not solar. Also the anemometer is interchangeable. So  the $140 dollars or so I might have gotten for this station is really worth far less than if I have a problem and need to buy either one of these parts. Another words, better to keep it as a back up than sell it.

Absolutely, smart move...
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
UV and Solar sensors
Remote Wireless Anemometer
http://weather.wi3x.com/gauges-ss.htm

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »
the temperature-humidity sensor is interchangeable with the wireless vantage pro 2.
Unless your VP2 is a much older one (like before 2006), the sensors are not compatible as the VP1 is analog and the VP2 is digital.

Offline lee52

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 06:01:25 PM »
I bought the Vantage Pro 2 wireless in June of 2007. I am able to interchange the two systems as mentioned above. I also have an anemometer from (believe it or not) a  Davis Weather Wizard III. I have the anemometer  working just fine and is connected to a wireless anemometer transmitter that is sending the signal to a Vantage Pro 2 console.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 06:12:35 PM »
I bought the Vantage Pro 2 wireless in June of 2007. I am able to interchange the two systems as mentioned above. I also have an anemometer from (believe it or not) a  Davis Weather Wizard III. I have the anemometer  working just fine and is connected to a wireless anemometer transmitter that is sending the signal to a Vantage Pro 2 console.
Oh. I knew the other stuff would work, didn't think the sensor would. :?

anything