Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 188289 times)

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1475 on: March 27, 2019, 03:20:31 PM »
Small anomaly in data table date format on iPad running Chrome.
I'm seeing the same thing on my iPad using Safari.

Why do I cringe every time I hear about Wunderground updates?
It's not just WU it's every website I use regularly. Updates invariably mean I'll lose some feature I liked or relied on and they always include the addition of more "white space". Displaying less information in more space seems to be every web designers goal.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1476 on: March 27, 2019, 03:44:54 PM »
PLEASE Do Not get rid of the old station dashboard.  Just just keep it around and let us have a choice.
Hi Galfert,

unfortunately that's not an option. As you are aware that dashboard was not working well for a lot of people, hence the switch.  The new page is completely re-written with new data sources, so we can't just keep the old one running in parallel.  Whats the feature you think is most important from the old PWS dashboard page?
Any chance this can be reconsidered? (Please) On Monday when I started seeing the new page (which was not working well on any of my various computers and browsers) I quickly figured out how to get back to the old page (which worked well on all of them) so I know it is (or was) possible for them to run in parallel.

Offline vsakalis

« Reply #1477 on: March 27, 2019, 03:46:36 PM »
When I choose the table to see my temperature data, I found that data table doesnt match the data of the graph.So all data is completelly out of reallity and graphs are not only flattened because of decimal point cut, but unreliable. I feel owfull  :oops:
Even if someone fix it, i think all datathese days become trush

Offline vsakalis

« Reply #1478 on: March 27, 2019, 03:49:58 PM »
It was possible to run old and new dashboard together till yesterday evening (Tuesday 26th, 15.00 GMT +2). After this time they put out old dashboard at all

Offline DWIGHT123

« Reply #1479 on: March 27, 2019, 03:51:03 PM »
Am I missing something why do I feel like the only one not able to access PWS dashboard saying Under Maintenance for days and days? Can some elaborate thank you everyone!

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1480 on: March 27, 2019, 03:55:03 PM »
Am I missing something why do I feel like the only one not able to access PWS dashboard saying Under Maintenance for days and days? Can some elaborate thank you everyone!
What computer and browser are you using?

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1481 on: March 27, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
What computer and browser are you using?
Could be a bunch of reasons. I'd first try using the new URL (especially if you're trying to get to your page via a bookmark).

OLD URL (likely bookmarked) - http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=********###

NEW URL (resolving from OLD URL) - https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/********###/graph/2019-03-27/2019-03-27/daily

Just replace the ********### with your StationID.

EDIT: IMPORTANT NOTE!  Your StationID is CASE SENSITIVE.  YMMV
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 04:11:23 PM by rormeister »

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #1482 on: March 27, 2019, 04:03:59 PM »
I just tried the "new URL" and it shows as everything being unavailable.  I guess my problem is WU(IBM) trying to fix what wasn't broken in the first place.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1483 on: March 27, 2019, 04:12:47 PM »
I just tried the "new URL" and it shows as everything being unavailable.  I guess my problem is WU(IBM) trying to fix what wasn't broken in the first place.
See my EDIT: moments ago. StationID is now case sensitive.  I don't believe the WUFixers have a large enough staff to do any product testing before pushing. Shame they won't ask any of us.

Offline vsakalis

« Reply #1484 on: March 27, 2019, 04:14:24 PM »
Taking into account my console, the WU data and the WU graph, especially for temperature, nothing of the last (2) is true. Console temperature for 12 min is stable 14,7 deg and graph remains 14.I thought graph was ok, even with the decimal cut. One more  :oops:

Offline vsakalis

« Reply #1485 on: March 27, 2019, 04:49:25 PM »
The
''NEXT DAY HOURLY FORECAST" does not work. If you want to see it you must choose the day from the "10 day forecast"

Offline DWIGHT123

« Reply #1486 on: March 27, 2019, 04:53:01 PM »
@ROR I deleted my old account recreated a new account on Wunderground now can I still access new PWS setup,or did they stop,allowing new setups thank you much for your help.

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1487 on: March 27, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
Yikes I think at this point with so many different problems, depending on device, browser etc., that we just have to sit back and see how this pans out over the next few days. Updates from WU staff would be helpful....don't believe  I've seen a single post today, but I may be wrong.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1488 on: March 27, 2019, 05:12:19 PM »
I'm not sure anyone from WU is still watching this topic and I apologize if this has already been reported.

My "Summary (high, low, average)" information is inaccurate and not updating (well the average of the inaccurate high and low seems to be correct).

For example, right now the Summary is saying the high today was 38 and the low 36. The correct high and low is 55 and 28.

Yikes I think at this point with so many different problems, depending on device, browser etc., that we just have to sit back and see how this pans out over the next few days. Updates from WU staff would be helpful....don't believe  I've seen a single post today, but I may be wrong.
I haven't seen any posts from WU today either, and I've been watching.  I totally agree about device/browser. If someone is having a problem without saying what OS and browser they're using it's going to be impossible to troubleshoot or help.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1489 on: March 27, 2019, 05:13:32 PM »
Is this how Rome was built?
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline noraval

« Reply #1490 on: March 27, 2019, 05:18:54 PM »
 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it...'

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #1491 on: March 27, 2019, 05:22:59 PM »
'if it ain't broke, don't fix it...'
But it was, and has been for several years. Now they're seeing what'll stick to the wall....

Offline wxnut99

« Reply #1492 on: March 27, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »

Starting to see metric data on the PWS dashboard.. but for some odd reason, PWS temperature is only displayed in whole units, not to a decimal (even in the table listing). Yet, wind has a decimal (not needed), and precip is displayed to 2 decimal places (only one needed for mm)    Also, wind is displayed as "mph" on the widget even though it's km/h, and temperature on the inset map is shown in F even though dashboard shows C readings. 

Who knew the metric system could be so hard?  :roll:

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #1493 on: March 27, 2019, 05:39:51 PM »
So putting the station ID in all caps, with the new URL does work, but takes me to the same, lame, new page as the old URL does.  I used to work, too many years ago for me to admit, in IT.  If we ever rolled out something this bad, never tested it ourselves and with select users who were known for breaking things, and had a disaster like this we'd have all been canned on the spot.  For a company like IBM to do something this poorly boggles the mind.

While I agree that there are always kinks with any new roll out, this is more than kinks.  More like missing bridges or a tunnel under a river with a screen mesh roof.

This stuff they're shoveling is so runny the only thing that will stick to the wall is stains (choose your own color).

Win10/64/PRO
Opera 58.0.3135.118
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline DWIGHT123

« Reply #1494 on: March 27, 2019, 05:46:03 PM »
Well Weather Channel is getting sued,hopefully Wunderground will be too soon enough also for putting out this kind of garbage.

Offline wxnut99

« Reply #1495 on: March 27, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »
So putting the station ID in all caps, with the new URL does work, but takes me to the same, lame, new page as the old URL does.  I used to work, too many years ago for me to admit, in IT.  If we ever rolled out something this bad, never tested it ourselves and with select users who were known for breaking things, and had a disaster like this we'd have all been canned on the spot.  For a company like IBM to do something this poorly boggles the mind.

While I agree that there are always kinks with any new roll out, this is more than kinks.  More like missing bridges or a tunnel under a river with a screen mesh roof.

This stuff they're shoveling is so runny the only thing that will stick to the wall is stains (choose your own color).

Win10/64/PRO
Opera 58.0.3135.118

Totally agree. In no way was this update sufficiently tested or ready for prime time. WU has been getting steadily worse ever since TWC bought them out, and this update is further proof that WU is no longer what it used to be. 

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1496 on: March 27, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »
For a company like IBM to do something this poorly boggles the mind.

Honestly, if I were a large corporate client looking at IBM as a vendor and saw this unmitigated disaster, I would scratch them from the vendor list.    Not only have they proven that they don't care what they push into production, they don't care that they don't care.

Another sideshow in this circus from hell:  They logged me out when they pushed this crap out, and when I logged in I ended up with 35 of the same "favorite" across the top of the page.  This came from their back-end system that was allegedly "improved" over the last week but instead is more broken than before they "fixed" it.  As far as I can tell there is no QC for anything.

Offline jwreynoldson

« Reply #1497 on: March 27, 2019, 06:27:57 PM »
The update has fixed the problems I've previously reported - the phantom 0 degree F dewpoint graph where no dewpoint is being reported and the my missing PWS icon on PWS history maps/wundermap.

I want to believe that the developers are working on fixes for the introduced bugs in the new release.     For all I know, circumstances outside their control may have led to an early release of not-ready-for-prime-time code. It happens.

The main bugs I have run into are mixups with metric and imperial units (I set to metric, but the gauges appear to say mph/ins hg even though the values shown are metric - the pressure gauge is hard against the stop trying to display 1018hpa on a guage that only goes to 31!) and the maps, which a) don't show an actual map, and b) show imperial units.

The graphs appear to be OK.  For my usage (displaying wind on a hang gliding site) those are the critical functionality, hurrah!

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1498 on: March 27, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »
@ROR I deleted my old account recreated a new account on Wunderground now can I still access new PWS setup,or did they stop,allowing new setups thank you much for your help.

Most users are able to still use their 'original' credentials. However, based on conversations in this thread, WUFixers are still ironing out some of the wrinkles with logins, new accounts, adding cameras, removing unnecessary white space and gargantuan web elements; ad infinitum.

Offline WunderTodd (PWS PM)

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1499 on: March 27, 2019, 06:54:32 PM »
I'm not sure anyone from WU is still watching this topic and I apologize if this has already been reported.

My "Summary (high, low, average)" information is inaccurate and not updating (well the average of the inaccurate high and low seems to be correct).

For example, right now the Summary is saying the high today was 38 and the low 36. The correct high and low is 55 and 28.

I haven't seen any posts from WU today either, and I've been watching.  I totally agree about device/browser. If someone is having a problem without saying what OS and browser they're using it's going to be impossible to troubleshoot or help.

We continue to not only work on issues, but to also monitor this thread.
Thank you for your input.

--Us