Author Topic: Have a page based on Meteotemplate up... and a general update  (Read 278 times)

Offline ArmySlowRdr

• Senior Contributor
    • South Central Killeen
Have a page based on Meteotemplate up... and a general update
« on: February 05, 2024, 10:45:54 PM »
...kind of been a while.
I have been a super busy project manager on Ft Cavazos for years and havent paid as much attention to my station or page as I'd like.
Now I was promoted a year ago to regional operations director, and while still super busy, at least I am not out and about on the ground 9, 10 or more hours a day.

I decided to finally look into why my Davis stats was uploading to my page and various sites but never could over the last 3 or 4 years get the panel to open on the monitor.  Finally after a lot of CAREFUL reading, I reinstalled the siliconlabs driver, this time correctly, and made sure the com ports matched on device manager and in config page (should say Im using Cumulus 1).  Other thing was I needed to open cumulus as administrator.  Works like a champ now.

So after years of reading about Jachym's software and perusing metoetemplate website and thinking it would just be too hard, I decided to give it a go, I think just
starting Thursday night.  So in 5 short evenings and a dozen or so emails to Jachym---who gave me 2 or 3 key tips, I think my page is looking good. 
RUN IN DESKTOP...really haven't looked into ins and outs of mobile setup yet.  It is simple...I dont have tons of maps scrolling down the page....

It is at:  https://www.peterkutheis.com/killeenfortcavazosweather/template/indexDesktop.php   eventually I will have killeenfortcavazosweather dot com point to it.

For now my other simple page is still up too at www.killeenforthoodweather.com

Thanks if you have read!

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Have a page based on Meteotemplate up... and a general update
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 02:49:21 AM »
Nice creation.

The one thing I might adjust is the black font on blue background. Quite hard to discern. Not enough contrast.

anything