Author Topic: what Anemometer for Ocean front house Should I get  (Read 580 times)

Offline Coconut Sunrise

what Anemometer for Ocean front house Should I get
« on: January 26, 2020, 02:39:15 PM »
Okay I played with the Toys At Accurite    5 in 1 and the Atlas   the Anemometers both Failed in the system the last Atlas Magnets rusted and Became Useless the 5 In one Plastic Bushings wore out. We get a Lot of Wind here in the Florida Keys so i like to monitor it also Like to Share it on Weather Underground.  I have no clue what to get was thinking Going Marine sailboat grade Anemometer like of Sail boat......But then how to Share   on weather underground  ?  Any Ideas Greatly Appreciated

Regards

Coconut
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:44:58 PM by Coconut Sunrise »
Coconut Sunrise

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
Re: what Anemometer for Ocean front house Should I get
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »
Yep good ole' Traverse City MI. Not too awful far from it.

tweatherman

Offline jas340

• Lone Pine Ranch  Horseshoe Bend, Idaho  USA
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »
Sorta off topic but due to my anger at Davis I felt compelled to jump in. The wind vane on my VP2 is failing on my unit after 1.5 years. You couldn't ask for milder conditions at my QTH.  :evil:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:14:52 PM by jas340 »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 05:00:13 PM »
Sorta off topic but due to my anger at Davis I felt compelled to jump in. The weather vane on my VP2 is failing on my unit after 1.5 years. You couldn't ask for milder conditions at my QTH.  :evil:
Try cleaning it. I did mine after it became stiff and it works just fine now. I used this stuff.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/6d55c965-a581-4507-900a-aee92f61c94e/svn/crc-car-fluids-chemicals-05103-64_1000.jpg

Offline jas340

• Lone Pine Ranch  Horseshoe Bend, Idaho  USA
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »
Thanks for the info. Mine intermittently stops reporting. It just stays at North. When I go outside I see that it is pointing to the proper wind direction. I think the potentiometer is going bad. I will clean the connector and plug again when the weather dries out. After all these years of making the VP2, the anemometer/wind vane should be bulletproof. One should not have to spend $1000.00 on an anemometer.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 09:03:17 PM »
One should not have to spend $1000.00 on an anemometer.
If you want it to last more than a couple of months in the conditions that the OP has, yeah, ya do. Gotta pay to play, simple as that.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 03:49:49 AM »
Thanks for the info. Mine intermittently stops reporting. It just stays at North. When I go outside I see that it is pointing to the proper wind direction. I think the potentiometer is going bad.

Not impossible, certainly, but very rare at that young age. More likely is damage to the anemometer cable and/or plug.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!