Author Topic: Help getting started w Meteobridge or Hub  (Read 907 times)

Offline cjstreett

Help getting started w Meteobridge or Hub
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:21:11 PM »
Hello all! These forums are great, but with so much info and differences in desired setups, I was hoping to seek your expertise.. I hope this is the right forum. If not, could a moderator please direct to right place.

Bottom Line. I’m very interested in either Meteobridge or Meteohub. I kinda need step by step help with what to buy, and where..

I am using a Ambient WS-2902 WiFi only system. I wish to send my data to CWOP, WU, Ambient, PWS, etc. I use MacOS hardware and software in general. I’m based in the US. There are several links and sites to buy the hardware overseas. It gets fuzzy on what to buy to make it work here at home.

So..
What hardware do I need? Where in US?
What software do I need?

What Mac based program that will work with the WS-2902 and sending data to CWOP/WU/PWS...

If using said Mac software, does it need to stay on 24/7 (Isn’t this one reason why the hub is built, to be a small data server without having to keep computer on 24/7 and to make the WiFi convert to LAN for data collection) That was long. Sorry :)

Yes I’m still confused
You guys are the best. Thanks for any help.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Help getting started w Meteobridge or Hub
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 04:23:19 PM »
If you go Meteobridge you don't have to use the Mac at all.  The Meteobridge wiki tells you what to buy and how to start.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline cjstreett

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »
Thanks. After reading several articles again I believe what was throwing me off was the inclusion of something like ObereverIP. If I’m reading correctly it looks like I would need:

To make a Meteobridge with a router/software license
Purchase an ObserverIP module and set it up to believe my WS2902 is a different model.

Am I going in the right direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
Besides the ObserverIP you also need a WS-1000-BTH.
The ObserverIP will see the WS-2902 outdoor array as a WS-1600.

You can build your own Meteobridge an add license(s) or you can buy an Ambient Weather WeatherBridge.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole