Author Topic: PWSweather Down 504 Gateway Time-out Error  (Read 2031 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
PWSweather Down 504 Gateway Time-out Error
« on: May 29, 2019, 08:48:45 PM »
Seems PWSweather is down. Getting 504 Gateway Time-out.
Could they be getting ready to launch their new site?

This says it is down for everyone.
https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/pwsweather.com.html

Seems to be only front end as my Meteobridge is still sending them data successfully.
UPDATE: well not really. Sometimes it sends and sometimes it does not.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 08:56:09 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: PWSweather Down 504 Gateway Time-out Error
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 09:32:23 PM »
And it's back online. Same old site.
Still anxiously waiting for their new site, specially because of all the WU issues.
Tele-Pole

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:42:11 PM »
where have you read there is going to be a site revamp?

Offline Jstx

• Senior Contributor
  • Baby the Rain Must Fall
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 09:53:02 PM »
Yes, it was down for over an hour. Both my own pws readings page there, and the main 'pwsweather.com' domain page had a 502 and 504 [resp] error.
My first indication was an alert/alarm indication from my WUHU uploading program.
Maybe they had a hosting service glitch?

Over and above that, my 'data life' has been getting periodically disrupted by those constant #%&*$@#mfing irritating sneaky Microsoft Windows updates..SOBs...arrgg

From my WUHU log:
[1st 'pws' recovery log msg after yet another MSWindows update system reboot, last of many recent ones--
Wed May 29 03:56:19 2019 > PWSWeather ID: EW7881]

Wed May 29 19:23:31 2019 > Alarm PWSWeather Upload Failure has been activated.
Wed May 29 20:31:40 2019 > Alarm PWSWeather Upload Failure has been deactivated.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:58:37 PM by Jstx »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 03:36:58 AM »
where have you read there is going to be a site revamp?

Well I can't remember exactly if I shared this information before or not. I had some discussions with them late last year and also again more recently. So yes, they have been working on a new site UI overhaul since late last year. I have no information on planed release time frame.

Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 03:42:28 AM »
Yes, it was down for over an hour. Both my own pws readings page there, and the main 'pwsweather.com' domain page had a 502 and 504 [resp] error.
My first indication was an alert/alarm indication from my WUHU uploading program.

Over and above that, my 'data life' has been getting periodically disrupted by those constant #%&*$@#mfing irritating sneaky Microsoft Windows updates..SOBs...arrgg

From my WUHU log:
[1st 'pws' recovery log msg after yet another MSWindows update system reboot, last of many recent ones--

Wed May 29 20:31:40 2019 > Alarm PWSWeather Upload Failure has been deactivated.

Patch Tuesday is all you need to know. Once you know this schedule you can proactively manually update your computer on or just after Patch Tuesday and then ensure that your system stays up for at least a month. It's the second Tuesday of the month.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday

Do that or switch to Linux.

Tele-Pole

Offline Jstx

• Senior Contributor
  • Baby the Rain Must Fall
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 05:11:47 AM »

From my WUHU log:

Patch Tuesday is all you need to know. Once you know this schedule you can proactively manually update your computer on or just after Patch Tuesday and then ensure that your system stays up for at least a month. It's the second Tuesday of the month.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday

Do that or switch to Linux.

Right, thanks, I'm very familiar with Windoz [was a MSWin beta tester since ME, long before "Patch Tuesday"], it has gotten much more irritating since 8&10. This very system, 10pro, running on this machine was a complimentary copy for 'helping' the beta effort.
Have used MS stuff since the earliest DOS days. Before that it was machine code/compiler systems and then early UNIX [even internal pre-UNIX systems].

I had just done a couple of manual Win updates over the weekend. Then the very long Win 1903 version update just snuck in.
I can usually tell when Windoz is up to something because my whole machine gets the 'slows'. If I bother to check task manager I'll usually find those Win sys update progs running, then I know I'm screwed.

What really ticks me off is the data usage for these updates, on my allowed mobile data allowance [hotspots], so much is often wasted on MSWin updates [I'm now throttled for the next 10 days, as Win just ate 25% of my HS data. I had just gotten a '75% used' warning msg Monday, then was throttled after W1903 finished [could have made it to the monthly HS deadline but for that series of updates]. Y'all cityfolk with fiber and cable never see this stuff.

And there are many security updates required for a program I haven't allowed on my machines for decades, Adobe Flash, which is somehow deeply embedded in Win10, and cannot be removed or controlled [I've tried].

Let alone all the MS surveillance under the radar with Win10. I turn much of it off, but just know there's more I haven't found or heard of.

Yes, Linux looks better and better,  but it has drawbacks too.
In my career I 'surfed' the crest of the hi-tech wave for almost four decades [late '60's to 2K's], I'm about to hang up the ol' board, dang it, ggrrrr. Great when it works, but always too many gremlins.

anything