Author Topic: My Weather Underground PWS Graphs Stopped Being Available in 'wxwuhistory.php'  (Read 1876 times)

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
The graphs formerly available as a part of 'wxwuhistory.php', e.g. on the 28th, stopped being accessible around 6pm CST Wednesday.  No graphs have been available since then.

Has anyone else been similarly affected?

The graphs are there when I go to my PWS page on WU.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
I do not know for sure but it's probably another thing that IBM errr The Weather Channel  has shut down on WU . Just like my desktop widgets don't work anymore because the supreme overloads at IBM shut down https://wxdata.weather.com/ were city codes where and all the site say's now is This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020 . Even the widgets here for WU that people have used for years don't work anymore on there signature .  Maybe after they fix WU ( yes I'm laughing just typing that ) stuff will start coming back online . I'm not holding my breath !!!

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Yes mine are "unavailable" as well.

CW3699

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
They've evidently decided that nobody is getting any data from them unless you have a PWS API key or pay through the nose for a "product".

Prediction:  WU will soon change its name to "FU".

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
There are two types of the graphs.. the ones using wunderground.com/cgi-bin/wxStationGraphAll CGI script that produced those handy .gif images (used by wxwugraphs) are the ones that are likely being deprecated as 'old stuff'.

The PWS daily history graphs are all produced by JavaScript using data from the api.weather.com

WU seems to have been on an (ill coordinated and poorly planned/implemented) effort to replace their old back-end services (including the rtupdate.wunderground.com) and has just made a mess of it, their apps and website.  AFAIK, the wxwugraphs using my WXDailyHistory.php still work for tables, just the graph image .gif (from the wxStationGraphAll CGI script) seems to be missing data feed from their collectors.. unknown if that will reappear or just disappear. 
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline gartz

I'm seeing the same problem and it started a few days ago.

Here's a url for my PWS that shows "Data not Available" for the current day graph. https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/wxStationGraphAll?ID=KCASANFR69&type=3

The PWS id in the above url can be changed to try graphs for another PWS. Note, the type=3 can be changed to type=2 to get the weekly graph which shows when/if graph data stops. I found another nearby PWS (KCADALYC43) where weekly and current day graphs seem to work so maybe there is some hope of getting WU to continue to support the graph retrieval.

The graphs for my PWS look fine on the WU web site. https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCASANFR69

Offline buffy

• Contributor
  • My PWS: Garni Ventus 830
    • PWS Monitor
all public api are gone and they will not start public apis again... we should use APIKEY, but values are no same. for example: in public api I had temperature like 8.73, now with new api with apikey I got temperature 9 or 8, nothing between.

My all scripts stopped (website, server, mobile apps)

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
There are two types of the graphs.. the ones using wunderground.com/cgi-bin/wxStationGraphAll CGI script that produced those handy .gif images (used by wxwugraphs) are the ones that are likely being deprecated as 'old stuff'.

The PWS daily history graphs are all produced by JavaScript using data from the api.weather.com

WU seems to have been on an (ill coordinated and poorly planned/implemented) effort to replace their old back-end services (including the rtupdate.wunderground.com) and has just made a mess of it, their apps and website.  AFAIK, the wxwugraphs using my WXDailyHistory.php still work for tables, just the graph image .gif (from the wxStationGraphAll CGI script) seems to be missing data feed from their collectors.. unknown if that will reappear or just disappear.
Thanks, Ken.  Your analysis seems spot on, and others have confirmed that this isn't just my problem, but it's everyone's.  As usual with WU time will shed some light and some darkness, but mostly the latter I fear.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gartz

The WU weather graph that stopped working a week ago is now working. May only be temporary, but happy it's working. Here's link... https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/wxStationGraphAll?ID=KCASANFR69&type=3

Ken, I tried WU-History-inc.php and WXDailyHistory.php. Thanks much, very helpful.

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
Indeed, it looks as though as of 10:30 last evening my graphs are once again being created.

Thanks for the heads up!
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
all public api are gone and they will not start public apis again... we should use APIKEY, but values are no same. for example: in public api I had temperature like 8.73, now with new api with apikey I got temperature 9 or 8, nothing between.

My all scripts stopped (website, server, mobile apps)
The api.weather.com queries return 'rounded' weather values, unless the query includes '&numericPrecision=decimal' and then the API will return decimal values.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything