Author Topic: Vantage Vue  (Read 634 times)

Offline Gisele

Vantage Vue
« on: February 18, 2020, 08:27:37 AM »
My vantage vue wind speed is at zero yet there is wind ... when I go in settings it says receiving from 2 and yet only got 1 vantage vue ?

Offline Solskin

Re: Vantage Vue
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 01:52:49 PM »
That means it is transmitting and receiving on channel 2. There are 8 possible channels that you could use 

Offline Gisele

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:54:24 AM »
This is my 5th vantage vue and it will be my last ! Changed the station Id to 5 and still 0 wind speed ! no more vantage vue for me :(

Offline Solskin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 11:17:56 AM »
5? Blimey, you’ve been unlucky! How long have you had this one?
Before you get a new, non Davis, weather station, take the ISS apart ( 4 screws) check the magnet is still attached ( and firmly fixed) to the bottom of the wind cup spindle and if you have the plug in sensors, check the plugs are still attached and the contacts are clean and dry.

Offline Gisele

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 12:00:21 PM »
this one I have had for almost 2 years ..... always the same problem with each one ! no wind speed ! Im so disappointed in this machine :(

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »
this one I have had for almost 2 years ..... always the same problem with each one ! no wind speed ! Im so disappointed in this machine :(

It'snot much consolation I know, but that's most odd (to have such a succession of Vues that fail with the same relatively uncommon fault). Do you live in a specially windy spot? (Whereabouts are you?) Or could the Vue ISS be mounted on a pole that is prone to vibration in windy conditions?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Gisele

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »
Im in CapeBreton Nova Scotia Canada and yes it is very windy here but I have friends around here that have the same machine as my 5 and they are having no issues .... the machine is very secure on top of the roof on a bolted steel rod

Offline Gisele

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
I have taken it apart and replaced the wind tower which has the magnet on the bottom but still no wind !

Offline Gisele

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 01:19:56 PM »
I took my old one from storage and put the new wind sensor in and at least I got that one to work for now at least ...thanks for the replies

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 03:29:58 PM »

It'snot much consolation I know, but that's most odd (to have such a succession of Vues that fail with the same relatively uncommon fault).
No doubt. That's waaay beyond coincidental.

Offline Gisele

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 06:49:37 PM »
Glad my vantage vue was up and running for this 188km winds tonight !