Author Topic: Weather station uploading fine but not updating in the app?! HELP!  (Read 1474 times)

Offline ChrisB

Hi all

I have been successfully uploading my data using the original WiFi Logger and my Vantage Vue for years now to Weatherlink. Recently for no apparent reason the data page on the iOS app has stopped showing me data and looks like this when I click into it:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

But what I dont understand is that on the Home page of the app some of my station data is visible there and changes as per my normal interval!

If I log in to weatherlink.com on my desktop all of my data is visible and uploading correctly. All of my other 'favourite' stations on the app all show their full data perfectly when I click on them.

What on earth is going on? Why wont the app show my data like it usually does when I go to view it? Perhaps someone would be so kind as to add my station to their favourites and see if it works for them? I'm hoping its an easy fix as I dont believe there is any issue with my hardware.

Many thanks in advance for your help!  ](*,)

http://www.kennfordweather.com - Devon, U.K

Davis Vantage Vue | Davis AirLink | WiFi Logger

Offline ChrisB

Re: Weather station uploading fine but not updating in the app?! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 02:40:31 PM »
Anyone?! Even if you could just search for my station on the iOS app (Kennford Weather Station) and tel me if it loads the data, I would be so grateful!

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »
Hi,
I found your station on WL.com https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/628a7dfe-f728-4a92-a875-2c6832f2a7c3   and that seems ok.  I saved it and then go to the Weatherlink App on my Samsung tablet and see you on the saved station list.  The basic data that is displayed on the App list matches the data on your website - temp, hum, rain, and updates like on WL.com, just like all the other stations on my saved list.  But when I select your station from the list, to further open it and view all your data, it just freezes on an empty screen.  All the other stations I have saved are visible on the app and can be opened to show the rest of the data.  So definitely something with your station on the WL App.  I don't think there is anything in the app settings that you need to do.

I have both a WiFiLogger that uploads to WL.com KomokaWeather, and a WLL that uploads to WL.com KomokaWeather WLL, and they both work fine for me and show on the app.  You may need to contact Davis for support.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 06:00:36 AM »
Hi,
I found your station on WL.com https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/628a7dfe-f728-4a92-a875-2c6832f2a7c3   and that seems ok.  I saved it and then go to the Weatherlink App on my Samsung tablet and see you on the saved station list.  The basic data that is displayed on the App list matches the data on your website - temp, hum, rain, and updates like on WL.com, just like all the other stations on my saved list.  But when I select your station from the list, to further open it and view all your data, it just freezes on an empty screen.  All the other stations I have saved are visible on the app and can be opened to show the rest of the data.  So definitely something with your station on the WL App.  I don't think there is anything in the app settings that you need to do.

I have both a WiFiLogger that uploads to WL.com KomokaWeather, and a WLL that uploads to WL.com KomokaWeather WLL, and they both work fine for me and show on the app.  You may need to contact Davis for support.

Enjoy,
Paul

Thank you so much for doing that Paul. My suspicion is that it may be something to do with the physical console and/or logger having memory issues perhaps? It has to be something simple my end as the data is definitely getting to WeatherLink.com, just seemingly not displaying fully through the iOS app. Perhaps it’s something simple like that? I’ve had no problems until now and when it suddenly stopped displaying correctly on the app it didn’t coincide with anything that I did to my station. Anyone else have suggestions?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 07:13:04 AM »
Tried everything Paul did above with the same result.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 05:35:43 AM »
SUCCESS!!

I tried a few things, one of which seems to have solved the problem as the app now shows all my data as usual. If anyone has a similar problem here’s how I addressed it:

• Cycled power to the console
  • Messed around with sending archive records by logging into the WifiLogger and going into settings
  • Deleted archive records by changing the interval
  • Then I decided to adjust the location of my station in the IOS app just moving the pin on the map ever so slightly

Thanks to all that helped!
[/list]

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 10:42:52 AM »
Hi,
Good, see all the text data now on the app.
I was going to mention that while your data is shown, but charts shows "No chart data available" for temperature, rainfall, wind speed, and barometric pressure. but air quality chart is shown.  Also the records are N/A.  Possibly a Weaherlink.com issue as other stations also show no charts or take a very long time to show.  However non have the "No chart data available" messages.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 11:58:02 AM »
Thanks Paul.
Regarding the charts etc. I thought this was just due to me only having a Basic tier level on WeatherLink.com? If not, perhaps I’ve not set up the archive upload settings correctly on my wifilogger? I do recall Davis support telling me that they hadn’t had any archive data since 2018 but didn’t think much of it. I was just pleased it was working correctly from the live data perspective. If you don’t mind looking, what do your logger archive settings look like? I see this page but don’t really understand it:

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 12:58:09 PM »
Hi,
I have two WL.com accounts one for my Vue console/WiFiLogger device and this is the Basic plan - Bulletin: KomokaWeather (weatherlink.com)

The other is for my WLL device and this is the Pro plan - Bulletin: KomokaWeather Live (weatherlink.com)
Both behave the same in the App.

In the Vue console/WiFiLogger device the Archive Data setting is the same as yours, and I think has nothing to do with sending to WL.com.
In the Data Export Setup I have it as WL-PC even though I have WiFiLogger IP.  It has been years since I set it up but believe Wojtek indicated to use WL PC.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 02:08:32 PM »
Hi Paul

Thanks again for helping me. I’ve checked my data export settings and it is already set to WL IP. I wonder why my logger seemingly isn’t sending archive data?! Must be something simple if you and others are getting charts etc on the basic plan.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 02:53:33 PM »
Hi,
I’ve checked my data export settings and it is already set to WL IP.
As I mentioned "In the Data Export Setup I have it as WL-PC even though I have WiFiLogger IP", so all I can suggest is to try it with WL PC, though I doubt that is the issue.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 03:28:09 PM »
Sorry I meant WL PC mine is already set to.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 05:52:06 PM »
I'm not sure that eg the 1-day charts on the mobile app are sourced from archive data (though they may be). I suspect that there's a separate store maintained from the current conditions data at wl.com of short -term data to power the pressure, wind, temp etc timecourses on the mobile app.

You could maybe ask Jeremy Wall on the weatherlink.com Discord (follow the links from weatherlink.github.io )

In any event can you download archive data into Weatherlink for Windows from wl.com via Web Download? That will tell you whether the archive data is getting there or not.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 04:14:39 AM »
Thanks John they’re all helpful suggestions. I’m still just pleased it’s working live at the moment!