Author Topic: pwsweather reporting -5573.2°C temperature  (Read 2409 times)

Offline etaf

• Contributor
    • PWS - ewittW8686etaf
pwsweather reporting -5573.2°C temperature
« on: June 10, 2020, 07:21:05 AM »
i seem to have an anomaly at pwsweather site, EWITTW8686ETAF  showing a min temp of -5573.2°C on 9th June at 12:35 pm (BST)
Looking at the HP2550 (Watson W8686) it seems to have jumped 9 mins and not reported.
ecowitt.net has at 11:35 (it reports GMT/UCT not BST) has -
I have sent of a support ticket to aerisweather , just wondered if anyone else had these sort of errors , and if know how caused

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
Re: pwsweather reporting -5573.2°C temperature
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 09:40:29 AM »
Wow. There may be a Nobel Prize in your future for achieving a temperature well below absolute zero. Contrats  =D>

On a more serious note, no, haven't seen anything like this.
https://lexmaweather.info
On Mastodon: @LexMAWeather@toot.community

Offline etaf

• Contributor
    • PWS - ewittW8686etaf
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:12:35 AM »
thanks, Always up for the nomination for any prizes
had a reply back for aeris, there systems support a 9999 for missing data but not the MIN -9999
They have a system enhancement request to support -9999 as missing data , and have updated my bad record on the system and put a request to regenerate the summary, which should happen today

I have used aeris support a couple of times now , and been really surprised at the excellent response for a free service

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 10:40:42 AM »
I have used aeris support a couple of times now , and been really surprised at the excellent response for a free service

Same.

Best of luck in the Nobel race!
https://lexmaweather.info
On Mastodon: @LexMAWeather@toot.community

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 10:51:05 AM »
thanks, Always up for the nomination for any prizes
had a reply back for aeris, there systems support a 9999 for missing data but not the MIN -9999
They have a system enhancement request to support -9999 as missing data , and have updated my bad record on the system and put a request to regenerate the summary, which should happen today

ha that common number string still,exists in fine offset ,ecowitt or other branded variations i was earlier going to say is there any value seen anywhere -9999 i got sidetracked but this common value often appeared in logs or services .it means sensor reading was momentarily lost and if it becomes a regular occurrence you need to look at three things solar replenishment ,relocate sensor or the worst case water leaking on internal circuit causing sensor failure i.e short circuit . the -9999 is telling you something so keep an eye on it or it may be just a one off occurrence but i do recall this way back in 2015 .  hope it helps

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 11:08:37 AM »
hmm Short circuit?

etaf, did you not say your micro sdcard went missing into the back of your console and got lost?  maybe a cause of a "short circuit" perhaps?
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline etaf

• Contributor
    • PWS - ewittW8686etaf
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »
yes, the SD card is in the case somewhere , but that was later in the day , around that time i did take the sensor down and worked on the poles , they interlock and i wanted to bolt them together
that was about 11:45 to 12:45 ish BST
Then i copied the files from a backup over at 14:00 BST created time on the laptop , so it would have been about 14:00 to 14:10 ish i put the SD card back into the machine and it went between the slot and case into the machine.

On the console the history skips a beat, set to 5 min intervals
12:16, 12:21, 12:26, 12:31 , 12:40, 12:45 , 12:50 etc

The unit is set to send at 5min intervals and customised at 300 seconds

Its coming back to me now -
I remember pulling the plug on the device for a minute possibly around that time.
i wanted to edit the mis-reported rain, wind direction, and I thought i could do that in the history and actually change the numbers themselves
I know one of the options in the history, is about going to a page number YES/CANCEL , I cannot get out of that , as the options disappear and I have to pull the plug
so that was probably what I did , pulled the power at that moment in time, hence the gap in time on the device - but i dont think it reported to the weathersites previously , have to investigate further and see gaps on the spreadsheet

Offline etaf

• Contributor
    • PWS - ewittW8686etaf
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 12:25:41 PM »
PWSweather have now rerun the summary and removed the error for non-data of -9999
They also have provided a tool to the frontline support , so they can easily update summary data after correcting the error and not having to wait for backend support

The 9999 error is already handled , but they will be implementing a fix this week for the -9999 error

Good support from aeris
thought i should update and thread can be marked solved