Author Topic: Tapatalk - not all forums loading  (Read 5281 times)

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
Tapatalk - not all forums loading
« on: February 09, 2020, 06:48:51 AM »
On my Pixel 3a, I can't get THIS forum and the Davis subforum under hardware to load.  Not sure if that's a forum problem or tapatalk problem.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Tapatalk - not all forums loading
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 07:54:25 PM »
On my Pixel 3a, I can't get THIS forum and the Davis subforum under hardware to load.  Not sure if that's a forum problem or tapatalk problem.
We are using the latest Tapatalk plugin, and both Tapatalk and the forum connection to it seem to be working, so I'm a little lost to try and debug such an issue.. I'm not a Tapatalk user per se, but I'll check on my iPhone.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »
Just checked on iPhone Tapatalk app. Posted this reply there. Other than a slow load, seems to work tor me. Sorry, I don’t have an Android device handy to test there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »
Just posting an issue I'm seeing with Tapatalk and these forums.

These forums are either really slow or I cannot get into some of the sub forums or threads. It just times out

I know when I see this on my own forums it's usually Tapatalk have released a new plugin for the forums. Just wondering if these forums need an updated plugin or not?

Using Tapatalk pro for android here. All my other forums I use Tapatalk with, are working fine

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 07:27:20 PM »
We're running the latest Tapatalk plugin (4.5.7) for SMF 2.0.17 released 10-Jan-2020 and installed then.

The plugin admin page says everything is connected correctly and up-to-date, the installation directory/files are all 755 as instructed.

I don't know where to go with debugging the Tapatalk.. I'm not a user (just have the iOS app to test a bit).

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 01:44:34 PM »
Sorry in advance for bumping an old thread...

I'm having this same issue. Best I can tell, any forum I've posted in and/or read posts, will be very slow to load; if at all. If I visit a forum I haven't read before, it loads right up.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 02:02:37 PM »
Glenn. My issue is usually sporadic to say the least. Sometimes it works great. Other times it just won't load content.

I've learned to live with it.

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
I've just checked -- we are running the latest (current) plugin version of TapaTalk on the forum (Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin 4.5.7 )
and the API key is valid.  We are only using the 'Free' tier .. I don't want to pay/month for a higher tier membership in TapaTalk.

There are no SMF settings for TapaTalk that address the slow-loading issue that I can find.  It is genuinely quirky software (IMO).

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 02:24:57 PM »
I've just checked -- we are running the latest (current) plugin version of TapaTalk on the forum (Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin 4.5.7 )
and the API key is valid.  We are only using the 'Free' tier .. I don't want to pay/month for a higher tier membership in TapaTalk.

There are no SMF settings for TapaTalk that address the slow-loading issue that I can find.  It is genuinely quirky software (IMO).
That is bizarre. This is the ONLY Tapatalk  forum that fails to load Unread messages or show threads in any subject group. Do paid/unpaid subscriptions have different cache support? Or fetch?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »
It is most likely a Tapatalk issue. I use it on my own site but that uses xenForo and I haven't used any other Tapatalk enabled forum that uses SMF plugin so I can't really compare it to my own site.

Regards Simon

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »
Just did a status check, and all is 'green'.  The paid tiers have to do with removing ads and banners.  We (wxforum.net) don't do any ad displays on the site.  In tapatalk, ads are inserted by them in the tapatalk client (for free tier supplier sites).  Nothing in the tiers implies responsiveness is altered by having a 'premium' membership for the forum (just removal of ads/banners).

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 03:19:27 PM »
Just did a status check, and all is 'green'.  The paid tiers have to do with removing ads and banners.  We (wxforum.net) don't do any ad displays on the site.  In tapatalk, ads are inserted by them in the tapatalk client (for free tier supplier sites).  Nothing in the tiers implies responsiveness is altered by having a 'premium' membership for the forum (just removal of ads/banners).
Is there any setting that determines how many thread titles are loaded per request? On other forums I often get a short pause as I scroll down through a long list, and I presume its returning a set number until you scroll to the end...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 04:16:53 PM »
No such setting available.  Just the basic credentials settings, and a panel to disable boards and new topics in boards (and none are currently set to disable).  Sorry. 

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 07:18:05 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone! And appreciate you looking into things behind the scenes Saratoga!
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut