Author Topic: Kodak W820/W1020 WiFi Picture Frame  (Read 4613 times)

Online Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Kodak W820/W1020 WiFi Picture Frame
« on: August 10, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
Does anyone have a Kodak W1020/820 WiFi Picture Frame ? I have lost my CD and need to re-install it. I have my 2 frames displaying data from my weather station and now the frames are offline. I would appreciate an .iso through Dropbox or SendtoPerson large file exchange. Thanks.

Offline linuxfreak

• Hamilton Central Mountain Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • Wink, wink!
    • Hamilton Central Mountain Weather
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:58:37 PM by linuxfreak »
George
Davis VP2/FARS, VVP, WD, WL, WSWin, Cumulus, NexStorm, StrikeStar, NSLog, XPort(GPS), WASP2, DigitalAtmosphere, ScannerCast(WUradio), Intel Atom N330 dual-core, 2Gig ram, Windows XP Home SP3  #-o
CWOP - DW3112, PWS & WU - IONHAMIL2, AWEKAS - 5112, COWN, WML - WD01901

Online Garth Bock

• Forecaster
Re: Kodak W820/W1020 WiFi Picture Frame
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »
Been there done that. What downloads is an installer that goes back to Kodak to pull down the software which doesn't exist. Totally worthless. Also don't Google for it. I found one link where the download looked legit....when I started it Microsoft Essentials went into red alert, raised shields and armed photon torpedoes suddenly. Yep it was dressed up malware. No damage done. I may have tracked a cd down locally. Otherwise I am just going to buy another one off eBay.

Thanks for trying.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:13:28 PM »
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Online Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:14:13 AM »
http://download.kodak.com/digital/software/kedds/v1_4_0/install_frame.exe off the Kodak site works fine.

3 Different computers on  3 different networks....I get the same thing...the software gets to the part where it starts downloading from Kodak and it says that "EasyShare was unable to complete the task". How were you able to get the software to complete the install ? According to Kodak this is only an "installer" that downloads the software from Kodak and their software server is shutdown.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 02:35:23 PM »
I have a copy of Easy Share ver 4.0.4        It came with a non Wi Fi frame       Do you think that will work?

I just installed and ran it. It does not like win7 64 but ran as administrator.     It does not look like to me that it does anything that any 3d rate photo handling program will not do.

Online Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »
I put the word out around town and a friend of a friend made me a copy. My frames are back up and running. I use them to display the .jpg's from VWS so in effect...I have a color display for my Davis. Also I use a utility to harvest weather maps and other images on a timed basis, dump them in the same folder and so I have a dedicated weather channel going on. Each frame is set to display different pics.

Offline mikeniccy

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 10:50:44 PM »
I know this is a super old post. But this software is super hard to find. I lost my install cd. I looked everywhere to find and I was unable to find it. I just found the cd today so I thought I would upload it. I don't know if anyone still runs this frame. This was one of the few posts I saw on this frame so I'm going to post the download here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tyMUgOALwYxx5sIwWau73CNrcVLa7Bk-/view?usp=sharing

anything