Weather Software > Cumulus

Cumulus update and station update time off by 4 hrs

<< < (2/3) > >>

92merc:
I only use PI for my NOAA weather radio.  So I'm not sure.  I'm using Windows for my weather PC, so I am running Plex on that.  A lot more CPU though.

mcrossley:

--- Quote from: fkapp on March 18, 2022, 07:05:22 PM ---

Question. Is it possible to run more than cumulusmx on the pi 4?   Would like to use as plex server with USB drive but not sure if possible.  Am new to pi but learning.

Thanks
Frank

--- End quote ---

Yes, but you have to use a command line parameter -port to change the interface port form the default 8998 on the second instance.

Also make sure that the option to Stop second instance is not enabled!

fkapp:
Ok. Not sure how to do this. trying to read about. Can you send some pointers, good  reference reads so can learn how to do this?

Thanks

PaulMy:

Hi,

From mcrossley:
--- Quote ---Yes, but you have to use a command line parameter -port to change the interface port form the default 8998 on the second instance.
--- End quote ---

From fkapp:
--- Quote ---Ok. Not sure how to do this. trying to read about. Can you send some pointers, good  reference reads so can learn how to do this?
--- End quote ---

For a second CumulusMX install - start with something like C:\CumulusMX2\CumulusMX.exe -port 8999 (as long as -port nnnn is different to the first CMX default 8998).  Then open it in browser as localhost:8999

From mcrossley:
--- Quote ---Also make sure that the option to Stop second instance is not enabled!
--- End quote ---

In Program Settings > General Options > "Stop second instance" needs to be left unticked on both installs

Enjoy,
Paul

jimi:
I don't think he meant two instances of CMX, he meant running CMX  & a Plex server simultaneously on the same Pi.
I'd say it would depend on the Pi, probably would work on a 3B or 4, I would doubt Zeros have enough processing power for both

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version