Author Topic: Reolink 811A clear stream mode.  (Read 955 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Reolink 811A clear stream mode.
« on: January 19, 2022, 01:09:10 PM »
I've set up three cameras, using CAT6 cable, 1 gig switch, and cannot get the CLEAR stream to work.

Not using the app, just going straight to the cameras' IP addresses on my LAN, tried all the browsers I have (Microsfot, FireFox, Chrome, Brave) and when I open the camera, get a low rest FLUENT image, and go to the lower left and hit the right facing triangle to get the stream choice, the best I can do is Balanced.  Clear is greyed out.

I've tried all the options in the setup screen, and despite all the resolution, bitrate and frames/second changes, nothing allows me to use CLEAR stream mode.

I went through all the info on the Reolink home pages support, and other than trying ther beta firmware, nothing has helped.  The firmware in my cameras purchased mid December 2021 seems newer (v3.0.0.494_21073008) than what is listed on their web site, except for the beta they are offering.

Has anyone gotten CLEAR stream to show on a hard wired computer?
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Reolink 811A clear stream mode.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 02:40:59 PM »
My RLC-810a camera using browser direct access on fire fox has the same problem. However the client software does display and download Clear video without problems. Strange!

Wonder if it's some kind of h.265 plugin problem.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 02:58:50 PM »
Well, while I'm sorry we both are having problems, the fact that it isn't just me is a wee bit reassuring that I'm not missing something obvious.

I don't need to do anything on my tiny smartphone, so you mean by client the Reolink software that you can download to a PC?  I'm off to try it but in my thank note just wanted to clarify in case this didn't work.  Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 03:08:09 PM »
, so you mean by client the Reolink software that you can download to a PC?
Yes, the PC program.

Seems like we need H.265 browser (Plugin) support.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Media/Formats/Video_codecs#hevc_h.265

FireFox H.265 support
Mozilla will not support HEVC while it is encumbered by patents.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »
Still new to this can stuff but  mine is wired directly from the router to the cam with only a switch in between. Using the client and the app I get the 4K resolution.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 03:14:39 PM »
Why is the advantage of using the IP address as opposed to the client or app.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 03:17:51 PM »
Just as a follow up, I was now able to successfully get passwords and all entered into the Reolink software and the resolution and ability to zoom is as anticipated.

thanks very much for the encouragement and tip.

Now I need to see if there is some way to have an ordinary browser decode and display h.265 encoding.
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 03:23:24 PM »
Ocala:
I was going on some advice that the IP address would be the best way to go.  I'm not sure where I read that (maybe an online search for topics related to setup of the 811A cameras?), but nonetheless the client is very nice.

With Worach's advice, I tried again with the client and was able to configure all three cameras, enter passwords (which earlier wasn't working, dunno why) and I'm up and running in seconds.

The picture quality is very very nice, as you stated at the beginning of this all.  I'm happy and not feeling cheated out of my price of admission.  I'll keep my eyes open for more Walmart sales (it was close to $30/camera off) and put another up out behind the house, facing the west where hopefully I can get sunsets and sky views.

The client software also has the advantage of instantaneously zooming (not optical) in on the size of the image, and also to drag things around.

Now I'm off to a meeting but when I return I'm looking into being able to timelapse and also ftp frame saves, which I hope can be done.
Thanks again, what wonderful encouragement and support, and all it took was a bit of advice.  Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 03:29:02 PM »
Browsers version in green that have HEVC/H.265 video format support.

https://caniuse.com/hevc

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

anything