GW1000 Windows 10 Dashboard

<< < (2/8) > >>

KC5JIM:
Working fine for me.

zoomx:
Now it appears on the store, you can find it by search GW1000
I got it from there.

@cheeroip
you can add the IP autodiscovery as it's done by Wsview and CumulusMX.
 you send this packet
packet = '\xff\xff\x12\x03\x15'
broadcast on LAN on port 46000 all GW-1000 (and others Ecowitt consoles) will reply
see here
https://github.com/pjpeartree/rainmachine-gw1000/blob/fe00fb02e43307e108d05883354b3a0e47973e90/gw1000-parser.py#L129

cheeroip:

--- Quote from: zoomx on May 08, 2021, 04:51:42 PM ---
you can add the IP autodiscovery as it's done by Wsview and CumulusMX.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I was thinking to add the UDP autodiscovery to the mix.
I definitely don't want to make anything automatic or subordinate the use of the whole application on that (like the WSView application seem to do eewwww)

I'll play with the thing a bit:
I'll have to check how the GW1000 answer and populate a list with filtered IP. (without being able to really test it since I just have one device...).
I really hate half baked "github/web level" implementations.

I'll test the application myself for a bit to see how often the GW1000 renegotiate the IP.
For what I saw this little rascal really love to grab different random address every few days.

Technically the discoverability is a 5 minutes implementation but with a 5 days of super boring UI overhead stuff  :roll:
Ever wonder why nobody write desktop apps anymore?  :lol:

it's in the queue.

I like the idea that nerd people would use the app as troubleshooting tool and monitoring what it's going on with the GW1000
that's why I introduced the countdown and  I'm thinking I could make the update rates/timeout configurable if the app have some (unlikely) traction.

I'm more curios to see if the application can manage all the sensors and different configurations that people have.
I'll probably buy and focus on the air quality sensors for a bit or check how the GW1000 manage different PWS.
I very arbitrary decided which value show on the main screen just based on my very limited setup here.

It's always super hard to get people feedback.

Thanks for trying the app and for the suggestion

zoomx:
The answer contain the Device type, for example GW1000A for 868MHz, GW1000 for 433MHz, and the MAC address.
You have to wait some seconds (3-4) until all devices reply. But if you choose a device and the device change IP you can ask again and wait for the reply with the right MAC address.

WSview send discovery packets all the time, if you use Wireshark you can catch them easily on Wifi but if your wifi drivers doesn't support promiscuous mode you can't catch the reply.

I have 4 devices so I can test it. Take in account that this protocol work with other Ecowitt consoles, maybe you can see it on CumulusMX sources.
https://github.com/cumulusmx/CumulusMX/blob/master/CumulusMX/GW1000Station.cs
on line 446.

cheeroip:
Thanks Zoomx,
I worked with UDP broadcast discovery thingy before. As we know the technical mplementation is very simple.
I'll probably throw a command in the setting; return whatever in a textfield and let the users do their math mostly as a small aid/feature more than a full fleshed function.

Having said that:
I'm not comfortable using this forum to discuss any low level/protocol/reverse engineering or refer to code that isn't explicitly authorized by the companies that provide hardware/software or services.

It is a public forum and I saw that company representative are on the platform and they explicitly ask me to not discuss those topics.
It put everybody in an awkward position and create a lot of unnecessary frictions and  confusions.
I tried before to move these low level discussions somewhere else since I don't really agree/approve how these discussions are managed here but seem isn't an issue for anybody else but me.

I am mostly curios about how the GW1000 manage different sensors/pws and if the app can offer something useful that no other app/service cover.

--- Quote from: zoomx on May 09, 2021, 06:06:30 AM ---The answer contain the Device type, for example GW1000A for 868MHz, GW1000 for 433MHz, and the MAC address.
You have to wait some seconds (3-4) until all devices reply. But if you choose a device and the device change IP you can ask again and wait for the reply with the right MAC address.

WSview send discovery packets all the time, if you use Wireshark you can catch them easily on Wifi but if your wifi drivers doesn't support promiscuous mode you can't catch the reply.

I have 4 devices so I can test it. Take in account that this protocol work with other Ecowitt consoles, maybe you can see it on CumulusMX sources.
https://github.com/cumulusmx/CumulusMX/blob/master/CumulusMX/GW1000Station.cs
on line 446.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version