Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 86972 times)

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #550 on: May 06, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »
I have pushed an update to the GitHub repo that prevents a potential issue with saving to the MySQL database. Under some circumstances, the MB can send "--" for UV and/or Solar Radiation if those sensors aren't present on your weather station. If your database is set up with those columns being decimal numbers, then it will throw an error when trying to save "--". Now when mb.php receives a "--" for UV or Solar Radiation, it'll turn those into zeroes to save into the database.

Updating
  • If using git, just issue the command git pull from a ssh prompt inside the site's folder
  • If updating by manually copying files, replace the file "mbridge/mb.php"

https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/commit/5585653aa7dcaaed34482b709f6cc2047e26bd67

Offline alexeysailman

• MORSKAYA10 WEATHER STATION
« Reply #551 on: May 07, 2019, 02:21:14 AM »
Hi Lightmaster.
In one of my posts I wrote that when opening charts the picture is "fuzzy". I use Chrome and a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080.
Everything turned out to be simple: I increased the page scale from 100 percent to 125 ( for better readability ), the page itself remained clear and not blurred, and the graphics lost "sharpness", I cleared the browser cache on Your advice, the scale changed again by 100 percent and everything was fine. By the way before this update this was not and with a scale of 125 percent fonts and graphics in pop-ups looked as it should. Is there any way to fix this?

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #552 on: May 07, 2019, 02:23:42 AM »
Hi Lightmaster.
In one of my posts I wrote that when opening charts the picture is "fuzzy". I use Chrome and a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080.
Everything turned out to be simple: I increased the page scale from 100 percent to 125 ( for better readability ), the page itself remained clear and not blurred, and the graphics lost "sharpness", I cleared the browser cache on Your advice, the scale changed again by 100 percent and everything was fine. By the way before this update this was not and with a scale of 125 percent fonts and graphics in pop-ups looked as it should. Is there any way to fix this?

I'll have to play with it and see what's going on with increasing the scale.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #553 on: May 07, 2019, 04:44:11 AM »
Update to make the Rainfall - All Years data show up, and not take up too much space when you have thousands and thousands of mm of rain, lol.

Update with git pull
Or replace the following files:
  • livedata.php
  • rainfallalmanac.php

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #554 on: May 08, 2019, 04:52:37 AM »
If anyone find any bugs or has any feature requests or fixes, please post them to the GitHub Issues Page. If they're posted there, it's a nice easy to check list where I won't forget about any of them. If you post them here or PM or email me, it's pretty easy for them to get lost in a mess of other things. Not saying you can't post them in any of those other places, just don't want anyone's issues to fall through the cracks.

If you have a support related question like that you're having trouble creating your MySQL database, do email me about that since it'll likely involve some amount of personal information and/or access codes.

Offline woolfg

« Reply #555 on: May 08, 2019, 12:46:00 PM »
Hi

My UV index does not appear to be working

I have attached a screenshot and my site is here http://www.gandmwoolf.co.uk/PWS/index.php

Kind Regards

Graham

Offline woolfg

« Reply #556 on: May 08, 2019, 02:16:45 PM »
Hi

There is also a problem with the Wind Almanac . I have knots set for my wind speed but the Almanac is showing Km and also the formatting seems wrong

Again a screenshot is attached

Regards

Graham

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #557 on: May 08, 2019, 03:36:39 PM »
Hi

There is also a problem with the Wind Almanac . I have knots set for my wind speed but the Almanac is showing Km and also the formatting seems wrong

Regards

Graham

Update your site and let me know if the issues are still there.

Offline woolfg

« Reply #558 on: May 08, 2019, 04:13:02 PM »
Hi

Regards

Graham

Hi

I have uploaded all the latest files - the wind issue appears to be fixed but the UV Alamanac is still not showing the correct data , It has dates such as Jan 1st at 01:00

Regards

Graham

Offline woolfg

« Reply #559 on: May 09, 2019, 03:59:15 AM »
Hi

Regards

Graham

Hi

I have uploaded all the latest files - the wind issue appears to be fixed but the UV Alamanac is still not showing the correct data , It has dates such as Jan 1st at 01:00

Regards

Graham

Hi

Its all sorted now thanks - I had the wrong setting for UV display in my settings page

Regards

Graham

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #560 on: May 09, 2019, 05:52:11 AM »
I pushed an update to the GitHub Repo tonight that sets the wind units on the Windy popups to whatever you're using on your site. Once Windy fixes some bugs on their side, the popups will also the temperature and rain units that your site uses. The bug on Windy's site was originally reported back in October 2018, so no idea how long until they fix it.

Anyways, update with git pull or by replacing the windywind.php and windyradar.php files.    <= (Right click links and save as to download the updated files.)

https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/commit/eaebdc17c901a58c33b4d7a40a03f28787056172

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #561 on: May 09, 2019, 12:02:57 PM »
I pushed an update to the GitHub Repo tonight that sets the wind units on the Windy popups to whatever you're using on your site. Once Windy fixes some bugs on their side, the popups will also the temperature and rain units that your site uses. The bug on Windy's site was originally reported back in October 2018, so no idea how long until they fix it.

Anyways, update with git pull or by replacing the windywind.php and windyradar.php files.    <= (Right click links and save as to download the updated files.)

https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/commit/eaebdc17c901a58c33b4d7a40a03f28787056172

Hi

Thanks for the Wind Map update.

Working perfect.

Rgds
ganf

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #562 on: May 09, 2019, 01:08:07 PM »
Thanks light!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #563 on: May 11, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »
For some reason my WUnderground forecast and current conditions decide not to show up anymore.. http://gosportwx.com/PWS/
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #564 on: May 11, 2019, 12:30:19 PM »
For some reason my WUnderground forecast and current conditions decide not to show up anymore.. http://gosportwx.com/PWS/
The link you posted leads to a very old template-version  for Cumulus.
The WeatherUnderground forecast needs a new API-key and new scripts as the data is in a different format.

There are two totally different versions available for a Cumulus user.
1. https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=17090 , this version can also support Weewx
2. https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,67862.0.html supports Cumulus and a few other weather-programs.

Wim
http://wd34.weather-template.com/

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #565 on: May 12, 2019, 09:43:48 PM »
I goto http://www.gosportwx.com/PWS/easyweathersetup.php type in the password per what im looking at in the WD34_first_install.pages (http://wd34.weather-template.com/documentation/WD34_first_install-2019-04.pdf) and it doesn't appear to accept it. I'll delete everything in my PWS folder and redownload pwsWD-04-10.zip & reupload it

Are you trying to use the Meteobridge version of HomeWeatherStation template that this forum thread is about, or the Weather Display version? Cuz if you're  installing the Meteobridge version, on initial install there  is no password.

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #566 on: May 13, 2019, 06:03:21 AM »
I goto http://www.gosportwx.com/PWS/easyweathersetup.php type in the password per what im looking at in the WD34_first_install.pages (http://wd34.weather-template.com/documentation/WD34_first_install-2019-04.pdf) and it doesn't appear to accept it. I'll delete everything in my PWS folder and redownload pwsWD-04-10.zip & reupload it

Are you trying to use the Meteobridge version of HomeWeatherStation template that this forum thread is about, or the Weather Display version? Cuz if you're  installing the Meteobridge version, on initial install there  is no password.

I have it working.
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
« Reply #567 on: May 16, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »
Hi All:
I've been using Weather34/ w Meteobridge for a couple of years with great success.  Two days ago it stopped working.  My website stopped updating and shows offline.  No changes have been made to my website, MB, network, or hardware.  I checked the Meteobridge settings and noticed that http uploads had failed.  I suspect my web hosting company made a change somewhere, but I'm not technically savvy enough to effectively troubleshoot. 

I've installed the latest github version of Weather34 on my website and receive the same error??  I also installed an earlier version of MB and still receive the http error.  My web hosting company has denied any changes on their end??  They've also said that before. 

As you can see below, MB is uploading data successfully to a number of other services.

Any help, guidance, or insight is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Phil
******************************************************************************************************************
I'm receiving the following error - "Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers"

Home Weather Station:   2019-05-16 10:53:54 Error: 2019-05-16 10:50:23 Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers. (1 more tries, next in 5 secs)
AWEKAS:   2019-05-16 10:53:37 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
PWS Weather:   2019-05-16 10:53:38 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
Windy:   2019-05-16 10:53:44 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
CWOP:   2019-05-16 10:53:42 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
HTTP Upload:   2019-05-16 10:51:53 Sent: 2019-05-16 10:51:48 Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers.
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2019, 01:39:58 AM »
Hi All:
I've been using Weather34/ w Meteobridge for a couple of years with great success.  Two days ago it stopped working.  My website stopped updating and shows offline.  No changes have been made to my website, MB, network, or hardware.  I checked the Meteobridge settings and noticed that http uploads had failed.  I suspect my web hosting company made a change somewhere, but I'm not technically savvy enough to effectively troubleshoot. 

I've installed the latest github version of Weather34 on my website and receive the same error??  I also installed an earlier version of MB and still receive the http error.  My web hosting company has denied any changes on their end??  They've also said that before. 

As you can see below, MB is uploading data successfully to a number of other services.

Any help, guidance, or insight is greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Phil
******************************************************************************************************************
I'm receiving the following error - "Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers"

Home Weather Station:   2019-05-16 10:53:54 Error: 2019-05-16 10:50:23 Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers. (1 more tries, next in 5 secs)
AWEKAS:   2019-05-16 10:53:37 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
PWS Weather:   2019-05-16 10:53:38 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
Windy:   2019-05-16 10:53:44 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
CWOP:   2019-05-16 10:53:42 Success: 2019-05-16 10:53:29
HTTP Upload:   2019-05-16 10:51:53 Sent: 2019-05-16 10:51:48 Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers.

have yu double checked the url for HWS? What's the url you used?

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
« Reply #569 on: May 17, 2019, 08:59:00 AM »
it's now working fine......after three hours of phone time with my hosting service, it now works.  They deny there was an issue on their end, which I suspect is not true.   Http shows fine on MB, live data is flowing.  Green check marks all around. Site is up, running, and updating.  This has been one too many times where the hosting company has caused me grief.  They think change management has something to do with underwear!! lol

Last night I jumped ship and will migrate my sites to a new hosting provider with glowing support reviews.  Once the dust settles, I plan to update my Weather34 to the latest version.  My current version is several versions behind.

Thanks Light for the reply.  Keep up the good work!!
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #570 on: May 18, 2019, 10:33:21 AM »
Got a new update out, and forgot to announce a few previous updates.

Details
I've added the ability to install the template as a Progressive Web App, meaning that on Android, Apple, and Desktops, you and all your users can now install your site like its a normal app. The installed "app" gets updated automatically from your site because in reality, its basically just opening up a browser tab without it looking like a browser. Screenshots below of how to install, though most browsers make it obvious when they notice a site is capable. Works best with Chrome on Android because it adds an app to your app drawer, though Firefox does work too by adding an icon to your home screen (but not app drawer). On iPhones, only works with Safari, because that's the Apple way. On Windows/Linux desktop, Chrome and Firefox do a good job, though any browser should work too. On Mac Desktop, I assume only Safari but could possibly work with other browsers as well. Not sure since I don't have a Mac.

In Chrome and most browsers, there's an option within the menu about installing the app (see screenshot), and Android it popups up a message about installing. The Android message is a one time thing that shows up once per user, afterwards its found in the menu so as to not annoy users that don't want to install. On iPhones and iPads, click the share button, and then "Add to Homescreen".

How to Update
As always, if you use git, just use the command git pull to update.

For those of you that don't update with git, seems Brian has been making quite a few updates to formatting of the almanacs and whatnot, so there are quite a few files to update by hand. Best bet is to use the url "https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/compare/master@%7B05-10-19%7D...master#files_bucket". Replace the red 05-01-19 with the last date you updated, in the format MM-DD-YY (GitHub decided to use that date format, not me). Here's the url as an easy click link, just replace the date in it. Click the blue text that says "Showing 26 file changes" to see the list of files that have been changed. With all of the resent silent updates to formatting, the list of files to update gets very long very quickly, so if you haven't updated in the last few weeks, might be best to do download the .zip and reinstall, backing up your settings1.php, jsondata, and the .csv files in mbcharts.

Screenshots

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #571 on: May 18, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »
Hi

Thanks for the PWA update. It's a very nice feature.

After the last update, it seems All Time Temperature is gone. By purpose?

Rgds
gand

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #572 on: May 18, 2019, 12:58:46 PM »
I completely forgot to mention that there's a new setting in the settings page for Web App Name. This name should ideally be under 10 letters, since Android and iPhone will cut it off at 10 letters and just add "..." to the end of the name.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #573 on: May 19, 2019, 06:24:13 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the PWA update. It's a very nice feature.

After the last update, it seems All Time Temperature is gone. By purpose?

Rgds
gand

Looks like it was taken out to save space on that page, but has since been readded. https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/commit/da6c8b8c03cd2a97179f59d9f53d66590fde5132

Offline gand

• Lynghuzed
« Reply #574 on: May 19, 2019, 11:05:53 AM »
Hi

Thanks for bringing it back.