Weather Station Hardware > Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones

new device firmware version for HP25xxC: V1.9.5

(1/5) > >>

olicat:
Hi!

There's a new device firmware version V1.9.5 available for the HP25xxC (so HP2551C & HP2560C).

Changelog HP2550&&HP2560 Firmware V1.9.5_2024-3-15

* Add eight channel AD values for WH51 soil moisture sensor data upload via WiFi
* Update the calculation parameter for outdoor temperature compensation, changing from the average of the last eight gusts to the average wind speed over 10 minutes
* Modify the color of the 10-minute average wind direction indicator on the main interface with a black background, changing it from dark gray to white
* If the rainfall display is set to piezoelectric rain gauge, display 'piezo' below the daily rainreading
* When a temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure sensor is detected, set the T&HPsensor to 'Disable' by default. When the user enables the T&HP sensor, give its data higher priority over the built-in probe
* Change domain names:
www.Wunderground.com to Wunderground.com
www.Weathercloud.net to Weathercloud.net
www.WeatherObservationsWebsite.com to wow.metoffice.gov.uk
www.ecowitt.net to ecowitt.net
* Add support for the WN35 transmitter in the Czech language version
* When receiving a signal from the WH46, add PM1.0 and PM4.0 to the cycle on the maininterface
* Add a Wi-Fi switch setting option
* Implement host firmware OTA updates; if auto OTA is checked, perform an automatic OTA upon first power-up and then daily thereafter
* Add a 10-minute gust display feature on the main interface, with an option in the 'more settings' to switch between displaying the 10-minute average wind speed or the 10-minute gust
* Change the maximum Air Quality Index (AQI) value to 500
* Add a master switch for alarm sounds on the alarm interface
* Set the default time to January 1, 2024These files are also available on Ecowitts HP2550C product page.

The quick guide to updating the device firmware:

* get the file
* Unzip the file
* copy user.bin file to SD card (max 32GB)
* Insert to console to start upgradeUpdate:
I have now updated my HP2551C from v1.9.3 to v1.9.5. After initial problems with logging into the WIFI (possibly due to the WIFI mesh system), everything is working as before.
The AD values soiladN (N=1..8) are now also transmitted in the Ecowitt protocol. Unfortunately there is neither runtime nor heap. Perhaps this will come with a later update.
Otherwise I don't see any changes here.

Oliver

Gyvate:
Anyone has an idea what does
"10. Implement host firmware OTA updates; if auto OTA is checked, perform an automatic OTA upon first power-up and then daily thereafter"
exactly mean - where can this OTA be checked/unchecked ? (maybe only a functionality in the HP2560 WebUI ...)
Didn't find anything in my HP2550  :roll:

I think that
"9. Add a Wi-Fi switch setting option" is a wrong wording - what was introduced was an AFC switch which (as far as I know - that's how it was explained with the GW2000) applies to the RF reception improvement and not to the 2.4 GHz WiFi network

will check with Ecowitt

MonsterDog6:

--- Quote ---  I think that
"9. Add a Wi-Fi switch setting option" is a wrong wording - what was introduced was an AFC switch which (as far as I know - that's how it was explained with the GW2000) applies to the RF reception improvement and not to the 2.4 GHz WiFi network

--- End quote ---
I noticed this which is new under "wifi scan"

Gyvate:

--- Quote from: MonsterDog6 on March 21, 2024, 04:44:47 PM ---
--- Quote ---  I think that

--- End quote ---
I noticed this which is new under "wifi scan"

--- End quote ---
that covers the WiFi switch - but the OTA thing is still open ...

Platokidd:
#1: (AD values) On my HP2560 consoles this works as stated. On my HP2550 consoles (older units) this removed the AD - blank reading. And the AD- is gone completely.
#3: White wind gust indicator. Excellent, I can see it now. =D>

#5: T/H/P setting to use wh32 indoors. Been wanting this for a very long time.  =D> \:D/ [tup]

Some of nice improvements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version