Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87536 times)

Offline xxvincixx

Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #475 on: April 20, 2019, 07:07:40 AM »
Hello Everyone, finally I managed to properly install the dashboard weather 34 on my nano SD (via Altervista) Now I have only one problem, I do not update the weather forecast of the next 3 days and current conditions. I entered the field both the key API and the name of my station weatherunderground but I do not have the exact current conditions (the temperature in F even if I want it in C) and then, as I said before, are not updated as time...
I Enclose an image to make you account for my problem... Thank you

Alright, figured it out, in your Meteobridge, you need to set a http request to run every 15 mins. Have it call the url http://lamiastazionemeteo.altervista.org/pws/mbdbfiles/stationcron.php

Also, make sure you have a http request set for 23:45 that calls the addtoyear.php for your url and another set for midnight that calls the empty.php like in the picture below.

ok, thanks I'il Try later... [tup]

edit: thanks, I solved .. now everything works for the best ..
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:36:51 PM by xxvincixx »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #476 on: April 22, 2019, 09:29:45 PM »
Please make sure you backup your template prior to any major update, none of my updates should have any negative effects on anyone's site, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. If you aren't particularly familiar with computers or websites and aren't sure how to backup your site, just create a copy if it in a new folder (ie: 'cp -r ./pws ./pws.bak' if you're on a Linux server. Post here or email me at support@lightmaster.pw if you ever need help.

I just pushed out a fix to the Wind Module that changes the left speed to be the current wind speed as of when your MB last sent data to your site, and the right speed is now actually reading the gust speed. Previously, gust speed had been the instantaneous speed, now it is the max speed within the last 10 minutes as per NOAA/NWS standards. The chart for hourly wind will look a bit different from here on out, with the gust part always being above the average speed, unless there's been no wind at all for a 10 min interval, since the max can never be below the average.

To update, if you use git just a normal pull using 'git pull' should work. If you manually update individual files, you'll need to replace 'livedata.php', 'mbridge/mb.php', and 'windspeeddirection.php'.

There have also been a number of small changes in the last week or so, so if you don't update regularly with git, check the commit history to see what you missed.

Tonight or tomorrow, I'll be updating the charts to auto adjust the axis markers so you don't have so many labels on the side that you can't read the numbers (like when your temp decides to change by 40 degrees in a single day :sad:), and some of the graphs will become line graphs to make them look better (like the gusts part of the wind graph). Also, unless anyone has an objection, I'm gonna turn on the animations on the charts. Shouldn't effect anyone server performance, and makes them load a bit nicer.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #477 on: April 22, 2019, 09:47:39 PM »
Thanks for this update light! Looking forward to the many to come! :D

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #478 on: April 23, 2019, 01:49:17 AM »
Hello,
what am I doing wrong?
With me is not the Metar Station I have entered.

$metar   = "yes";
$icao1   = "LSMM";
$airport1   = "Meiringen";
$airport1dist   = "6";

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #479 on: April 23, 2019, 01:59:06 AM »
Hello,
what am I doing wrong?
With me is not the Metar Station I have entered.

$metar   = "yes";
$icao1   = "LSMM";
$airport1   = "Meiringen";
$airport1dist   = "6";

Check it now. The Metar station only updates every 15 minutes when the forecasts update. If you want the change to show up as soon as you set your Metar station, open up the "mbdbfiles/stationcron.php" file in your browser by typing it into your Address Bar. For you that would be https://www.wetterbrienz.ch/MB/mbdbfiles/stationcron.php.

Also, please update to the latest version of the template at https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template. I noticed the Metar's window is a little messed up and I believe that was fixed in an update a little while back.

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2019, 02:22:50 AM »
Sorry, my mistake.
I have installed the newest version at https://www.wetterbrienz.ch/MB1. But at the Meteobridge I entered the stationcron.php for the other url.
Sorry .........
Works wonderfully .....

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:25 AM »
Sorry, my mistake.
I have installed the newest version at https://www.wetterbrienz.ch/MB1. But at the Meteobridge I entered the stationcron.php for the other url.
Sorry .........
Works wonderfully .....

I noticed on your daily charts you have data for 23:45-midnight. Double check in your Meteobridge that you have the empty.php set to run at local midnight and that it's pointing to the correct url for empty.php.

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2019, 02:46:53 AM »
Please make sure you backup your template prior to any major update, none of my updates should have any negative effects on anyone's site, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. If you aren't particularly familiar with computers or websites and aren't sure how to backup your site, just create a copy if it in a new folder (ie: 'cp -r ./pws ./pws.bak' if you're on a Linux server. Post here or email me at support@lightmaster.pw if you ever need help.

I just pushed out a fix to the Wind Module that changes the left speed to be the current wind speed as of when your MB last sent data to your site, and the right speed is now actually reading the gust speed. Previously, gust speed had been the instantaneous speed, now it is the max speed within the last 10 minutes as per NOAA/NWS standards. The chart for hourly wind will look a bit different from here on out, with the gust part always being above the average speed, unless there's been no wind at all for a 10 min interval, since the max can never be below the average.

To update, if you use git just a normal pull using 'git pull' should work. If you manually update individual files, you'll need to replace 'livedata.php', 'mbridge/mb.php', and 'windspeeddirection.php'.

There have also been a number of small changes in the last week or so, so if you don't update regularly with git, check the commit history to see what you missed.

Tonight or tomorrow, I'll be updating the charts to auto adjust the axis markers so you don't have so many labels on the side that you can't read the numbers (like when your temp decides to change by 40 degrees in a single day :sad:), and some of the graphs will become line graphs to make them look better (like the gusts part of the wind graph). Also, unless anyone has an objection, I'm gonna turn on the animations on the charts. Shouldn't effect anyone server performance, and makes them load a bit nicer.
Hi, to update a single github file (the new one for wind, for example) is it enough to overwrite the single file via filezilla?

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2019, 02:50:29 AM »
So I think now it is true.
https://www.wetterbrienz.ch/MB/

23:45 o'clock is io. At midnight, I reboot the system.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:54:20 AM by webcam »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2019, 03:18:33 AM »
So I think now it is true.
https://www.wetterbrienz.ch/MB/

23:45 o'clock is io. At midnight, I reboot the system.

Running the empty.php at 23:45 means that any data from 23:45 to midnight will be recorded as the next day. It would be better to run addtoyear.php at 23:45 (saves daily data), empty.php at 00:00 (resets for the next day), and reboot as soon as you can after that which I think is 00:15.

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2019, 03:25:40 AM »
With the reboot I can only enter after changing the day. Otherwise I changed it.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2019, 03:29:00 AM »
Hi, to update a single github file (the new one for wind, for example) is it enough to overwrite the single file via filezilla?

Yes, overwriting a single file is sufficient. If you were up to date before this update, you can look at https://github.com/weather34/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/compare/master@%7B3day%7D...master to see the changed files to overwrite. I am making a point to make changes to the beta branch and then merge those changes all at once so I can post on here an easy list of files to replace.

Btw everyone, there is a beta branch on GitHub where I will be testing new things before pushing them to the master branch. I would strongly recommend not using the beta branch unless you make regular backups because any changes in the beta branch are untested. Unlikely to cause any issues, but never the less, beta is untested features and I can make no promises about the outcome. The Master branch is what has been tested and I've deemed ready for general public use.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2019, 03:36:01 AM »
With the reboot I can only enter after changing the day. Otherwise I changed it.

According to Google Translate, you have it set for periodic, and then After Changing the Day. You can set a script to run at a "specific time" instead and then select the reboot script for 00:15.

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2019, 04:11:13 AM »
I did not think about that. Merci for the tip.

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2019, 01:33:56 PM »

We appreciate your willingness to take the lead during Brian's absence.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2019, 01:32:06 AM »
Hello,
would it be possible to make a Swiss flag?

Offline woolfg

« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2019, 10:28:31 AM »
Hi

Just before Brian left he very kindly changed some files so that I could have my wind data displayed as Knots . However this means that I cannot update my templates without losing the changes that Brian made . The files concerned were windgustyear,windalmanac,forecast3wu,windspeeddirection and settings (all php) Would it be possible to have the option to choose knots included as a permanent option via settings from the Admin drop down menu so that I can update the  WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options without fear of losing any changes

Many thanks

Graham

Offline iccb

• Säätilanne Eurassa
« Reply #492 on: April 24, 2019, 10:47:39 AM »
Is there option to use Wxsim-made forecast in forecast block?

Can weather alerts from https://www.meteoalarm.eu be used in this version of template?

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2019, 02:27:26 AM »
Hello,
would it be possible to make a Swiss flag?

I'm not all that familiar with other nations languages, but Google says that German is mainly spoken in Switzerland... What language were you hoping to add? If you want to have any language added, I can send you a file so you can translate it for me and then I'll add it to the template.

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2019, 02:33:19 AM »

We appreciate your willingness to take the lead during Brian's absence.

Thanks again,

Chuck
Hi, I updated the files as I have coined you, but I do not see the new  animations you speak of.. I replaced the files you said..  Thank you
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:20:58 AM by xxvincixx »

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2019, 09:11:45 AM »
@lightmaster
With the German flag it always looks like my Station is in Germany. That's why a Swiss flag would be great for me. Language is already german with me.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2019, 09:08:55 PM »
@lightmaster
With the German flag it always looks like my Station is in Germany. That's why a Swiss flag would be great for me. Language is already german with me.

I see what you mean now. Mine shows England even though I'm in America, lol.

What's the abbreviation for Switzerland? On Google, some say CH and others SUI

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »
Anyone else need a Country flag added?

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #498 on: April 26, 2019, 12:27:59 AM »