Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87162 times)

Offline HighLife

Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2018, 04:19:27 PM »
Hi  -

Seeking to edit values that trigger new notification pop-up in upper right corner.  Specifically, heat index.  Here in the southern US, a heat index of 88F isn't much.  Looking to increase it to 95F.  Does anyone know which script I need to tweak?  I tried 'advisory' and 'homenotification' with no luck.

TIA,
HL [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2018, 11:27:08 PM »
good morning

goto rainfall.php edit file its nothing to do with rainfall just a place to trigger the notification script .

bottom of the file look for

<?php //WEATHER34 pure css temperature heat index above 30c/84F  pop up alert
 if(anyToC($weather["heat_index"])>=30){?>

replace the 30 with 35 or what what you deem as worthy of an alert note its in celsius and is converted in template when fahrenheit is selected so dont put 95 use celsius values.

brian

Offline HighLife

« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »
Worked a treat.  Many thanks for your prompt response.

Offline AA1ZA

• “I am the way and the truth and the life" ~ Jesus
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2018, 02:00:07 PM »
I installed Home Weather Station, but am having great difficulty in getting either metar or forecast modules to work correctly, despite entering the APIs and toggling between currentconditionsds.php and currentconditionsmetar34.php respectively to see if that will solve anything. 

The metar remains stuck on LTBA and the forecast doesn't seem to be correct for our area.  Also, the time of both are incorrect and the temperature of the forecast appears to be in Celcius (which doesn't align with all my settings that are set for US units).

My website is pws.aa1za.com.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
• Davis VP2 > Envoy+USB logger > Meteobridge;

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2018, 03:58:31 PM »
I installed Home Weather Station, but am having great difficulty in getting either metar or forecast modules to work correctly, despite entering the APIs and toggling between currentconditionsds.php and currentconditionsmetar34.php respectively to see if that will solve anything. 

The metar remains stuck on LTBA and the forecast doesn't seem to be correct for our area.  Also, the time of both are incorrect and the temperature of the forecast appears to be in Celcius (which doesn't align with all my settings that are set for US units).

My website is pws.aa1za.com.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The forecast and metar are only loaded when you run the cronjobs.
You should use your meteobridge to run via http:// pws.aa1za.com / mbdbfiles / stationcron.php every 15 minutes.
That cronjob  will check if new metar and new forecast are needed.

https://www.weather34.com/homeweatherstation/guides/mb34.html  => scroll to Meteobridge control Panel possibillities

Wim

Offline AA1ZA

« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2018, 04:31:35 PM »
Dankie, Wim.  Ek sal vanaand na werk my Meteobridge verstellings nagaan.  ( ;)  I'm sure you'll be able to understand that! )

[For the rest:   Thank you, Wim.  I'll check again my Meteobridge's settings today after work.]

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2018, 04:40:07 PM »
Dankie, Wim.  Ek sal vanaand na werk my Meteobridge verstellings nagaan.  ( ;)  I'm sure you'll be able to understand that! )

[For the rest:   Thank you, Wim.  I'll check again my Meteobridge's settings today after work.]
:grin:

Offline AA1ZA

« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2018, 12:48:10 AM »
I'm just not winning.  Ref. attached screenshots of my MB settings.

In a 'perfect world' I'll have the MB to send data to the MySQL database on the shared server that I'm using, and Home Weather Station to display the metar and forecast...    ](*,)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2018, 02:07:48 AM »
send the easyweathersetup password via pm you can change later at anytime .but on initial inspection it is refusing to connect to dbase therefore the stationcron doesnt complete .

brian

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2018, 02:23:02 AM »
on a positive note boris is toying with the idea of building this template within meteobridge itself and that will be the end of chart data issues as it will use database directly stored in meteobridge itself . may be a couple months before anything is ready if he goes ahead not my idea but a welcome step forward in simplifying everything for the end user who wants to use the template . note is thinking about it nothing definite or confirmed.

Offline AA1ZA

« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »
Brian, thank you for your offer to take a look at my easyweathersetup file.   I have PM'ed you my password.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2018, 10:20:10 AM »
hi have sent a reply should be fine now I set it to use the Davis console forecast as seen on the console you just need to fix the darksky.txt file placement ..have fun learning and feel free to drop a pm next week mon-wed if you cant resolve dbase connection :-) brian

Offline AA1ZA

« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2018, 11:27:45 AM »
The metar is working now.  Many thanks for helping to resolve that one, Brian!   

The file, "darksky.txt" was there in the jsondata folder on the server, but when I viewed it, it simply displayed, "Not found".  So then I deleted it and did what you recommended, namely I uploaded the "darksky.txt" file from MB.zip into the jsondata folder on the server. 

For a few minutes it displayed the forecast data ok on Home Weather Station (though I think it was showing the default forecast of Istanbul), but then 15 minutes later when my meteobridge came around and updated that file, the forecast display was gone again...   I checked the content of "darksky.txt" on the server and lone behold, it once again showed, "Not found" (?).

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2018, 11:36:02 AM »
ok dont get mad :-) but your NOT putting the darksky api key in correctly ,, your adding the whole url :-)
your adding
https://api.darksky.net/forecast/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8695b345bb03/33.09077,-96.63893

should be just api key I have just set it for you but you need to double check your api key I couldnt get that to work so I have put mine but please double check the API key issued to you . you should now see forecast ..ps G7LIJ :-)

screenshot i just took  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:40:04 AM by weather34 »

Offline AA1ZA

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2018, 12:05:02 PM »
Ah, okay! #-o  Lol!  :oops:

Thank you so much, Brian!  You're great!

73!    ;)

PS.  I inserted the DS API that I had all along; seems to work fine though.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2018, 05:17:17 AM »
good morning

now having established some time to focus on adding additional features,reworking features for the meteobridge
products , slowly each week note slowly and expect this all to be finished hopefully by end of january.visually
the changes are small and not so apparent however additional data is being added.

1.rainfall almanac screen
2.temperature almanac to include dewpoint data
3.davis console forecast display with icons
4.current conditions using average hourly data taken from station
5.notifications for various alerts can be disabled and uses a 10 second fade out , time between each alert
can be set ..*note pure css ! no jquery ..
6.reworked sun position module showing position with additional data

to be done
1. internal charts data provided by meteobridge stored data no knowledge of mysql required or hosted server mysql required.
2. barometer pressure almanac
3. indoor data almanac
4. notifications trigger value to suit your specific location or what is deemed as an alert value

expected release late January 2019..screenshot of finished stuff so far

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »
Brian,

Sounds great! I look forward to the updates.

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2018, 06:46:34 AM »
hello chuck

there is a beta you can follow  that gets minor updates when time permits its going to be a slow progress and each additional extra will be not so apparent like this morning very minor addition to,the davis console forecast module basically shows rain icon or snow icon  when the word precipitation is present and a small arrow according to the word cooler or warmer.. very small  things but all relative to davis hardware/console owners that will be the path it will go

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:06:54 AM by weather34 »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2018, 03:10:46 AM »
good morning

yesterday Boris updated the api structure output so for this update a reboot of meteobridge is required . many many new values added to the output
not many so apparent visual changes , a few new almanac screens , many updated pop up modules , additional data reference historic totals .please insure you reboot meteobridge before hand and do please double check the setup screen and set the newer options otherwise you may end with a broken display..additional critical  code has been added to many files so a full update is required .

there is also a running beta version for the Davis Nano(sd) user this is expected to be completed by end of January and not before its a slow long process of getting everything right .daily updates do occur but they are very minor additions and fixes,changes not always apparent on first look..

once again thanks to boris for the prompt response in adding additions ..and yes it actually started snowing here in istanbul this morning so a nice pleasant surprise ..brian

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2018, 03:45:36 AM »
new for upcoming NANOSD version of template will be added in January see next post.... new option to use historical data for previous years if you have the data

idea was first used in the cumulus version a year or so ago however now simplified to include previous years data . will introduce in the beta sometime over the festive period . the beta is a very slow process but gradually taking shape and taking the time to test each idea or funtion is paying off nicely . here it what it will look like and accesible via the menu as shown below..*note not released yet in current beta..

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:00:30 AM by weather34 »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2018, 03:41:14 AM »
for NANOSD version Beta only

i reiterate its a slow progress but beginning to take shape with an abundance of optional features .for those who have been using template and storing via mysql over the last year 2018 you can display those charts in a seperate page via whole year or broken down into month. if no data from 2018 has been kept in the mbcharts folder you can disable this in the easyweathersetup screen.

the files 2018.csv and folder 2018 containing monthly files i.e Dec.csv,Jan.csv etc should be viewable if you have used mysql over the last 12 months

visually the meteorshower circle shows twinkling stars and random meteors streak :-)

should be available to test 26th December onwards..brian

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:44:44 AM by weather34 »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #221 on: December 26, 2018, 04:17:00 AM »
HELLO hope you all had a great christmas day and lots of festive food ..as promised beta version update for NANOSD

1.monthly display charts pages
2.non metric or vice versa in temperature,rain,barometer,indoor,lightning(km,miles) display displays opposite according to your preference and are color coded.
3.meteorshower module reworked
4.lots of new css and cleared out unused
5.metar display current conditions will switch to darksky automatically when API unavailable and display a offline next metar nearby .
6.new small chart icons
7.access various monthly charts via menu or top boxes when in chart pages
8.Notifications for various readings,earthquakes nearby also can be disabled .
9.make sure you make a back up copy of mbcharts folder and store on your pc you will need the folder 2018 and file 2018.csv to use last years data on 1st January 2019

have fun...brian

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 04:19:35 AM by weather34 »

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2018, 01:54:53 AM »
Hello,
I use the template with Meteobridge Pro and an Lufft WS 700 UMB weather station. Would be great if I could also choose this station during setup and hardware.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2018, 02:13:18 AM »
Hello,
I use the template with Meteobridge Pro and an Lufft WS 700 UMB weather station. Would be great if I could also choose this station during setup and hardware.

done ...have a nice weekend

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2018, 02:34:08 AM »
Cool Merci .......
I wish you a Happy New Year .....