Author Topic: Discrepancy VP2 and Weatherlink Live  (Read 286 times)

Offline Oilswell

Discrepancy VP2 and Weatherlink Live
« on: February 10, 2020, 10:32:52 PM »
So I just got both VP2 and WLL setup today and so far so good with the exception of a discrepancy between the console and WL Android app, specifically the indoor readings. Temperature is 2 degrees off  and humidity is 7% difference. Updates are set to 15 minutes but changes are not being reflected properly between the two.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Discrepancy VP2 and Weatherlink Live
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 03:27:12 AM »
So I just got both VP2 and WLL setup today and so far so good with the exception of a discrepancy between the console and WL Android app, specifically the indoor readings. Temperature is 2 degrees off  and humidity is 7% difference. Updates are set to 15 minutes but changes are not being reflected properly between the two.

Well, it's pretty obvious once you consider that the console and WLL each have their own indoor sensors and so will be generating their own readings. Any differences will then be down to differences in positioning of the two units, simple differences in calibration between the two and the well-known issue that the console sensor is well inside the console and therefore prone to slow equilibration and slight heating by any logger that may also be installed, especially network loggers.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Oilswell

Re: Discrepancy VP2 and Weatherlink Live
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »

Well, it's pretty obvious once you consider that the console and WLL each have their own indoor sensors and so will be generating their own readings. Any differences will then be down to differences in positioning of the two units, simple differences in calibration between the two and the well-known issue that the console sensor is well inside the console and therefore prone to slow equilibration and slight heating by any logger that may also be installed, especially network loggers.
Thanks for the explanation. I had the two units right beside each other and expected they world be closer. Your point about the console being slow to an equilibrium point makes alot of sense though.

Cheersô

anything