Author Topic: Weatherlink 2.0 and Router/Gateway change  (Read 554 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Weatherlink 2.0 and Router/Gateway change
« on: September 07, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »
I installed a new UniFi Security Gateway today. ZyXEL is no longer going to support my old USG50, so I decided to go with the UniFi.

I saved off the scan from the ZyXEL using AngryIP and re-ran it after connecting the UniFi. Everything seemed to be working, and with a couple of minor exceptions my IP addresses wound up where I expected them.

Later this afternoon, I checked my Weatherlink banner and it was old and time-stamped 11:15 AM. (It was almost 2 PM when I noticed this). Apparently Davis uses orange font for expired data now instead of the old red.

I checked my WLIP and it was still set to the old IP address (fixed) and I was able to view it OK. I logged into my account on Weatherlink.com and there were warning icons about the data being old in the v2 Bulletin. The old Weatherlink software program was able to read the console data OK.

I decided to do the "reboot the console" trick and it did the trick. It is now feeding data to Weatherlink.com just fine.

Either something in the UniFi was blocking it, or Davis sensed the change of MAC or IP address and didn't like it.

I don't know if this would have happened with the old Weatherlink, there is no way to tell. I thought that I would pass along my experience with the router change causing the data feed to Weatherlink.com to stop.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Weatherlink 2.0 and Router/Gateway change
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:02:49 PM »
Having to reboot the console is fairly typical of a complete router change out/replacement, doubt it would have anything to do with being WeatherLink 1 or 2