Web Weather > Weather Web Resources

Blockchain climate project - Earn for sharing your climate data.

(1/6) > >>

WeatherSV:
WeatherSV is a blockchain powered project that seeks to reimagine how we collect, verify, share, value and monetise high quality climate data.

We are building an economy of high quality, verifiable climate data that can be viably monetised utilising the power of microtransactions on a scalable blockchain protocol such as BitcoinSV.

Davis weatherlink users can now start earning for sharing their climate data and get access to charting and history for no charge.

For more info about the project visit: https://weathersv.app/davis or check out our how to guide: https://weathersv.app/static/docs/davisintman.pdf

Mattk:
 "....high quality, verifiable climate data ....]

How do you propose to achieve that?

WeatherSV:
We use blockchain to create a publicly verifiable trail of all individual data points that can be used to verify any data point at anytime in the future.

Conchobair:
I do quite like the idea of this, i am big into blockchain technology so can see the benefits and obviously the rewards for providing the data.
Unfortunately, even though i have a davis weather station, i don't use weatherlink. So any plans to utilise other methods of gathering data ?

The old saying of Garbage in --> Garbage out is quite relevant here.. as to how can the data be verified to be true and correct ... It will have to rely on either human or AI to verify this data in the future compared to other data points i'm guessing.

Anyway, will keep an eye on the project and good luck with it

DaleReid:
For me, this is a serious hobby.  I try to keep my sensors calibrated.  I buy and upgrade to the highest quality weather related items that I can. 

I donate my data to MesoWest, WCCO-4, Windy, my lightning data to Blitzortung, and so on.

Not everything needs to be a source of income for me.  There are a lot of hobbyists and ham radio operators who do the same; an enormous number of them if  you look around.

I see no need to use anything except open exchange.  Blockchain isn't needed to share data.  It doesn't make the data more accurate.

And finally, I'd not PAY for data coming from a Davis station.  While it is pretty good, it isn't NWS quality which is available for free.  Who knows if the owner even installed the sensors according to official guidelines or not, so Poor Quality Data is assumed and in many cases despite the owners doing as best they can, don't have the resources or locations to work with.

Those free, high quality data completely open are now covering more and more of the USA and Canada.  Our stations fill in and give a smoother picture, but very few are into micro-climate analysis, and for what good?

I'm having fun, and will continue to do so.  I assume you're having fun with your project, but thanks for letting us  know it is a start for you. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version