Author Topic: Weatherlink.com User Guide  (Read 982 times)

Offline jhw80504

Weatherlink.com User Guide
« on: December 18, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
Just connected my Weatherlink 6.0.5 to my weatherlink.com membership. I do not seem to be able to find any documentation on how to set up weatherlink.com. In particular chart and data tabs. I have watched the YouTube videos and perhaps I am missing something but these are mostly promotional as opposed to assist oriented. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Weatherlink.com User Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 07:56:03 PM »
So you have the Pro subscription then?

Offline jhw80504

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 08:31:56 PM »
Yes

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 03:39:07 AM »
Not aware that any formal Help document has been released yet, though there is of course the long video - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEWsAeQB0R8 .

I presume that a Help menu item might be added to the UI before too long, but it's presumably not been a top priority compared to eg the migration from 1.0, especially when features are still often being added. But other than this, I think the idea is that the menus etc are designed to be as intuitive as reasonably possible and that users should be able to find their way around without much training.

Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline jhw80504

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 04:47:04 PM »
Thanks, I had not previously found that video and it was helpful. Still having difficulty with the charts and data but will see if that is just that there isn't enough data there to plot. Again, thanks.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
Fortuitously I see that another video has on charting at wl.com been posted a couple of days ago at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az8wgaSiCoA

Haven't had a chance to view it in detail yet so unclear whether it's a segment of the longer one or a brand new video. But take a look and see what you think. I do find Chris's narration slightly soporific I'm afraid, but if you want detail...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:53:41 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.