Author Topic: Temp/Humidity sensor for original vantage pro  (Read 606 times)

Offline racer3

Temp/Humidity sensor for original vantage pro
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:14:31 AM »
Hello, I tried to find an answer but could not. I have a original vantage pro that I bought in 2002. Only thing I ever had to replace was the reed switch twice. Well now the Temp/Humidity sensor has finally given out with really high readings. Does anyone know if it is even possible to get a replacement anymore? I know Davis stopped making parts many years ago. Thanks for any help and sorry if this was posted else ware and I missed seeing it.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Temp/Humidity sensor for original vantage pro
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 08:29:19 AM »
Does anyone know if it is even possible to get a replacement anymore?

There are none left in the official supply channels (and haven't been for several years). So the only option will be if you're lucky enough to spot one in the unofficial channels like eBay (and even then it might take some care to ensure that you're getting a good working part).
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline racer3

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »
Thanks, That's what I figured. I can't complain about getting 17 years out of this. I did get a new Vantage pro for Christmas, but wanted to fix this to let my son use it.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 09:54:38 AM »
Hey neighbor. :-)
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline racer3

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »
And hello to you neighbor!

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 03:55:18 PM »
Hello, I tried to find an answer but could not. I have a original vantage pro that I bought in 2002. Only thing I ever had to replace was the reed switch twice. Well now the Temp/Humidity sensor has finally given out with really high readings. Does anyone know if it is even possible to get a replacement anymore? I know Davis stopped making parts many years ago. Thanks for any help and sorry if this was posted else ware and I missed seeing it.
You have checked to make sure that the shield and area around the sensor is clean, connections are clean and tight, and things like that?

What do you mean by really high readings?  Are they consistently high or erratic? I assume you have ruled out the possibility of using an offset to compensate.

I'm curious as I still have an original VP and wonder how often and what symptoms they may get when they fail.  I hope you can get it working, though finding a reliable part at a reasonable, or any, price probably won't be easy.

Offline racer3

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 04:58:21 PM »
All connections are tight and everything is clean. My temp readings are sometimes 10 degrees high and the humidity will read 100% even though it is actually n the 70's%. Called Davis and they say that it is the sensor and of course no parts have been made for many years. Can't complain about getting 17 years out of it. Got my moneys worth out of it. I did get a new unit, but wanted to fix this to give to my son since everything is working on it.

anything