Author Topic: WeatherLink  (Read 836 times)

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
WeatherLink
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »
I just updated to version 6.0.5 and my WeatherLink Network and Network Upload is grayed out.

Any ideas what I am missing?

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:30:28 AM »
Do you definitely have a station correctly configured and actively receiving data from a logger?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 10:41:57 AM »
Do you definitely have a station correctly configured and actively receiving data from a logger?

I believe so. I can download data and start the weather bulletin... Yet I cant setup weatherlink network nor internet upload even though I setup the internet connection.

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »

I believe so. I can download data and start the weather bulletin... Yet I cant setup weatherlink network nor internet upload even though I setup the internet connection.
And you have the PC with Weatherlink connectied to an Davis USB logger?
Or do you use an WL-IP from Davis?
Wim

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 10:56:55 AM »

Wim

Nether.
I am using a nano sd which passes through the data. When I did the setup the weather link found the pro2 no problem.

----

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 11:08:54 AM »

Wim

Nether.
I am using a nano sd which passes through the data. When I did the setup the weather link found the pro2 no problem.
AFAIK one can only use an (original ?) USB logger to setup the account at WL.com and fill in the DID as received from WL.com
After the setup the usb logger is not needed anymore and any pass-through can be used.

But that was almost a year ago in the first weeks of the WL.com v2 website.
Maybe that has changed.

Wim

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »

Wim

Nether.
AFAIK one can only use an (original ?) USB logger to setup the account at WL.com and fill in the DID as received from WL.com
After the setup the usb logger is not needed anymore and any pass-through can be used.

But that was almost a year ago in the first weeks of the WL.com v2 website.
Maybe that has changed.

Wim

Ok so I have a usb logger, Ill dig it out from my stuff and see how far I can get. Thanks Wim.

----

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 12:58:37 PM »

I'm not sure it was anything to do with wl.com 2.0 directly. Wasn't the issue that local WL will only enable the Internet Settings etc menus if it sees a USB (or serial) logger connected. And once enabled then you can switch over to using the network logger and the menus stay enabled.

Am I remembering that correctly?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 01:16:30 PM »
There is a "way" around it. Lightmaster was able to help me. I am not too windows smart as I am a Linux person.... He got it to work for me. I guess you can say that the error was between the chair and the computer :P

----

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »

I'm not sure it was anything to do with wl.com 2.0 directly. Wasn't the issue that local WL will only enable the Internet Settings etc menus if it sees a USB (or serial) logger connected. And once enabled then you can switch over to using the network logger and the menus stay enabled.

Yes, you have to trick the Internet settings to show up when you don't use a USB logger, but thanks to a bug in the software you can set it to a serial connector without actually connecting a serial connector, setup your settings, then set it to connect to your MB's IP.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 01:22:13 PM »

Yes, you have to trick the Internet settings to show up when you don't use a USB logger, but thanks to a bug in the software you can set it to a serial connector without actually connecting a serial connector, setup your settings, then set it to connect to your MB's IP.

Well that is the best and easiest solution possible  =D>

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »
That's not a bug, it's a feature!

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 11:30:33 PM »

Rich K.

Touché

That word looks very weird spelled out, lol

Hopefully they never fix this "feature". Now I just need to figure out how WifiLogger uploads to WeatherLink's site without this annoying software running 24/7.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »

Rich K.

Touché

Hopefully they never fix this "feature". Now I just need to figure out how WifiLogger uploads to WeatherLink's site without this annoying software running 24/7.

Now that would be something else!

----

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 03:31:16 AM »
Now I just need to figure out how WifiLogger uploads to WeatherLink's site without this annoying software running 24/7.

Just enter the same DID and keycode you're already using for the local Weatherlink program and enable the uploads &'submit'! (Probably not a good idea to have both sources uploading at the same time though.)
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 06:02:49 AM »

Rich K.

Touché

It already does. Works flawlessly.
I just open WL once a week to download that weeks data and then shut it down.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 10:06:51 AM »
Now I just need to figure out how WifiLogger uploads to WeatherLink's site without this annoying software running 24/7.

Just enter the same DID and keycode you're already using for the local Weatherlink program and enable the uploads &'submit'! (Probably not a good idea to have both sources uploading at the same time though.)

I think what he means is how is Wifilogger is doing it so he can do it on his own. Not how to get his wifilogger (He does not own one) working. :)

----