Author Topic: How to Install for Accurate temperature  (Read 2142 times)

Offline daman

• Forecaster
Re: How to Install for Accurate temperature
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 09:38:28 AM »
IMO I don't care where you live that single panel unit is scrap! and AuRite should discontinue it, that fan needs to run as much as possible and the dual panel unit will grab more sunlight and achieve that.

There's a reason the new Atlas has 3 panels.  ;)
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 03:38:43 PM »
Cheryl, thanks for the update! Did you ever get a chance (on a sunny day) to compare early morning readings with midday? I also have a single panel unit and get a spike in the morning when the sun hits the station but is too low in the sky and too far north to hit the solar panel. This lasts for a little over an hour, then the panel gets enough light to start the fan and things begin to stabilize, and get more accurate.

Here is a chart from this morning that shows what I'm talking about:

Offline CherylK

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »
Hello, I wanted to let you know that replacing the temp chip has solved the problem. 
My sensor is consistently reporting identical conditions to the local Wx Underground and my old thermometer.
Thanks for all of the support!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »
Hello, I wanted to let you know that replacing the temp chip has solved the problem. 
My sensor is consistently reporting identical conditions to the local Wx Underground and my old thermometer.

I thought so. Good Job!

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »
Just FYI anyone else reading this I also 6 months ago had high temp issues BUT...I also had battery draining issues new batteries in the 5n1 would only last 3 weeks!

I bought a new temp/humidity board and both problems solved.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 03:04:12 PM »
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you got if fixed but I'm a little surprised. I would have thought a bad temperature chip would have been off all the time, not just at certain times (morning and evening) when the sun was out.

anything