Author Topic: My Davis VP2 in the seaside village of Margaretsville, NS, Canada!  (Read 1195 times)

Offline claybearswx

I recently installed a Davis Vantage Pro 2 station at my family cottage in Margaretsville. Margaretsville is located in the far east of Annapolis County and is home to a couple hundred people. There is no other weather stations along this stretch of the coast, so the village raised some money for this to be installed. My cottage is one house from the water and just up the hill. In terms of wind it is fairly exposed on the S and SW (some more trees on the SW side but anemometer is just above the tree line). And the W, NW, N, NE, E, and SE are almost if not completely exposed to the elements.

Here is the ISS located at the standard height of ~6 ft. I extended it off of the post to insure there was no radiating heat from it. You can also see the anemometer on the roof in the background.

It may not look very big but compared to me and my father (we're both about 5' 9") it shows how big it really is.

So far, we have recorded a gust of 45 km/h, and a rain rate of 22 mm/h.
I am very pleased and so are the residents of Margaretsville.
If you have any questions about my station please ask.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 12:23:52 PM by claybearswx »

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: My Davis VP2 in the seaside village of Margaretsville, NS, Canada!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 12:21:39 PM »
Nice job ! It's great to hear about the community involvement ! Are you planning on putting up a website so the can all view the stats ?

Offline claybearswx

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 12:26:10 PM »
It wont let my upload more pictures...strange...if I can here's the ISS with the anemometer in the background [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline claybearswx

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 12:27:17 PM »
Nice job ! It's great to hear about the community involvement ! Are you planning on putting up a website so the can all view the stats ?
Yes! You can view all of the weather station data at https://capebretonweather.ca/station.html#id=001D0A719606, and also view over 100 more stations across my province.