Author Topic: GR3 Memory Leak  (Read 2307 times)

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
GR3 Memory Leak
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »
Anyone else seeing what appears to be a memory leak in GR3? Can only get about 3 days without a restart of the radar due to a drastic increase in memory usage. Gr3 will just stop uploading to my site but the image on my computer continues to stay up to date. No error messages of any type are displayed.

Thanks, Doug
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:18:27 PM by DougW »

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
Re: Re: Re: GR3 Memory Leak
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:47:45 AM »
Anyone else seeing what appears to be a memory leak in GR3? Can only get about 3 days without a restart of the radar due to a drastic increase in memory usage. Gr3 will just stop uploading to my site but the image on my computer continues to stay up to date. No error messages of any type are displayed.

Thanks, Doug

Version 2 or version 1?  I've run version 2 for weeks at a time without issue. I also turned off the Google earth background and just used a palette color.  Using the image rendering is a huge memory hog.
Current setup: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
Re: Re: Re: GR3 Memory Leak
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »
Version 2 or version 1?  I've run version 2 for weeks at a time without issue. I also turned off the Google earth background and just used a palette color.  Using the image rendering is a huge memory hog.
Running v2.10 and I agree about the background and have also turned it off (just going with a black background).
I started the radars 24hrs ago and below is task manager. I will post another image this time tomorrow.

Doug

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:58:37 PM by DougW »

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
Re: GR3 Memory Leak
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »
Running version 2.11, for about 48 hours if I remember correctly, this is what I see http://screencast.com/t/oN5uUbBZuX0o

Two of these are FAA Terminal radars, the other three are NWS radars.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:36:22 PM by LFWX »
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 10:51:41 PM »
The next question I would ask then is how many placefiles are you loading?  That can have an adverse affect as well.
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:19:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies,

The next question I would ask then is how many placefiles are you loading?  That can have an adverse affect as well.
Running three instances of GR3. I added a time stamp to all three 10 days ago but this has been a problem before that addition. On the "local" radar I also run lightening. That's it. All three are NWS radars. They will usually shut when they hover around 300k for a while so KTLX will most likely stop uploading sometimes tonight.

Doug

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
KTLX stopped up-loading @10:27 this AM. As before the image was still current on my desktop. Task manager below:

Doug

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:41:22 PM by DougW »

Offline BigOkie

• Forecaster
  • Tulsa, OK
    • KOKTULSA13
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 12:04:03 AM »
KTLX stopped up-loading @10:27 this AM. As before the image was still current on my desktop. Task manager below:

Doug

Not sure what to tell you Doug.  I don't have need to run three instances of GRLevel3v2.  I do know that I ran it once for about three weeks straight, looked at the memory usage and it was about 250mb and restarted it.  Not because it was misbehaving, but because I thought it was a lot.  Of course, I was running it on a PC with an I7 Sandy Bridge and 16gb of RAM.
Weather radios:
Reecom R-1650
Sangean CL-100
Uniden Home Patrol I

anything