Author Topic: NMD Filter settings  (Read 3305 times)

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
NMD Filter settings
« on: May 20, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »
Below are my NMD filter settings I believe these have to do with rotation etc. Please correct me if that is wrong. Are they the correct settings? The reason I am asking is living here in Oklahoma I rarely see a TVS. I have never seen the round rotation symbols that appear on other peoples radar screen shots. Are these included in GR level 3 or maybe a place/shape file? Do I have something else wrong?

Thanks for any help on this, Doug

Edit: Should I have a default \stormicon.png  and maybe a \nmdicons.png or something like that?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:27:48 PM by DougW »

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
Re: NMD Filter settings
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
Doug,

Your NMD settings are exactly like mine and I have detected numerous meso's and TVS here in central Arkansas.  The stormicon graphic doesn't show up in the list IF you are using the default that comes with GR3.  If you are using another one, it has to be named stormicons.png for GR3 to use it.  I'll attach the stormicons.png file I use.  Got it from GRLevelXStuff.com.

Hope this helps,

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
Re: NMD Filter settings
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I had been using the default till this A.M. I never picked anything up. Today I put a copy of the default icons in my GR3 folder and named it
stormicons.png and this afternoon I got a rotation symbol to display. Go figure!

Thanks again, Doug

anything