Author Topic: Modbus connection WEEWX Vantage through KTA-282 module  (Read 404 times)

Offline itsokforme

Modbus connection WEEWX Vantage through KTA-282 module
« on: August 17, 2018, 04:23:09 AM »
Good morning ,

I have a Vantage Pro 2 weather station with the Envoy logger and through the serial connection a KTA-282 Modbus module from Ocean Controls.

Now I would like to access from Weewx on raspberry the Davis, but the Vantage driver have not the right access parameters to do that : there is someone that already have solved this problem ? Or someone the knows the driver could suggest the modification to do ?

The modbus module answer as a client on an local ip address and the port 502 with the mode3 ( read registers from location 40000+1).

Thanks

Guido

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Modbus connection WEEWX Vantage through KTA-282 module
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 05:01:28 AM »
You'd probably be better off asking on the weewx-users forum on Google groups.

AFAIK, KTA-282 doesn't pass through any Davis protocol so you would need a weewx driver that polls the Modbus registers. It shouldn't be too difficult to do but TBH I kind of doubt that anyone has ever done this - it's such a niche application. But someone on the weewx-users or weewx-developers groups is more likely to know for sure.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline itsokforme

Re: Modbus connection WEEWX Vantage through KTA-282 module
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 05:08:49 AM »
Thanks !